Drill Max

aussiekers

Cathlete
I posted this in Open Discussion, but thought I'd put it here too.

I don't have this workout, is it one you use often? I have Body Fusion, would it be similar to this? I don't have Boot Camp either, but looking, I feel like I would like drill max better than boot camp. I do have the 4 Day Split DVD which has a boot camp section. Just wondering what you thought. What would you say Drill Max is similar too? I have quite a few other Cathe workouts and all the new ones.

i LOVE Drill Max! it is one of my faves for sure! lately (since I'm doing STS for my weights) I have been doing one of the HIITs followed-up by the Drill mix premix that is cardio timesaver. i much prefer this type of workout than a lot of step choreography. i'd rather not think so much & just go.

I can't compare it to Body Fusion because I don't have that one, but I can say that I also love it. It is Tough though. There are 6 segments where you start with cardio and then do several weight exercises. Most of the weight segments are with light weights and keep your heart rate up the whole time, it is not a heavy weight workout. It also has a lot of pre-mix options. It is quite a bit different than then Boot camp in 4DS I would say. The drills are longer and are broken up with weight segments as I described. The original Boot Camp is another goodie. It is 8 segments of 1 min of cardio, 1 minute of leg work, 1 minute of upper body and 1 minute of abs. I would say that Drill Max has more of a cardio focus. Not sure if that helps or not, but you can't go wrong with either one!

Pam

Not for me

I bought this one when it first came out and it's one of the few Cathe DVDs that I have owned and gotten rid of. For me it was a combination of a couple of things:

1) It takes a lot of room to do the workout. Granted you can jump higher instead of further, but even with walking lunges and other segments, I ran out room and I am not one the likes modifing workouts on my own. Just a personal thing.

2) For some reason this one was hard on my knees. I tried it a couple of times and it just caused me too many issues for the knees. I since had 2 knee surgeries and I know now for sure even if I still owned it, I would use it for that reason alone.

3) When it comes to Cathe I love her Strength workouts and cardio second. Of the cardio workouts that I enjoy, it's the lower impact step, high step, and kickboxing DVDs. The bootcamp style workouts have never been my cup of tea and that goes for any instructor. I think Cathe is the best in her field and her bootcamps are the best on the market out of 1,000s of DVDs currently in production. But I just don't like bootcamp.

One positive if not two- the workout does go by quickly and always you have premix options. The music is pretty good too! I had Cardio Fusion and I like that DVD. I threw it out recently since it was damaged when we moved. I think for me, Cardio Fusion is a better bet since I get spliced footage from DM without actually having to own it. I however, know I am not in the majority when it comes to DM or even Bootcamp DVDs in general. But I thought I'd put my 2 cents worth out there anyway.

Good luck with whatever you do decide!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.