Downloads - Opinions

rachel132

Cathlete
Can I get some opinions on how people enjoy using the downloads at the gym? Is this basically the video on your phone? If so, I'm wondering how that works with how fast Cathe switches to a new excersize and all the variety that she puts into her videos. I am considering this option as my basement recently flooded and I need to go to the gym now, but I am not that comfortable at the gym so having Cathe's guidance would be great. Just wondering how people like working out while looking at their phone.

Sonja.

Sonja, I just downloaded a couple of workouts and I love it!! I will prolly download more. I have stopped working out at home and primarily work out at the gym. Since I dont need a TV and DVD player I can basically take my workouts anywhere. I downloaded HITT and STS abs. I figured the more basic choreography workouts that dont require a lot of changes are the easiest. Cathe has such great queing that once you watch it through and know whats going to happen next you really dont need to watch it. I would think the same would go for any weight work out as well, besides there is always a rewind button! Goodluck!

melissa

just for curiosity's sake...I am wondering how one does Hiit (or any other workout) at the gym. The gyms that I know are sooo busy and crowded.... I'm not slamming it :) just wonderin'

I did one of the Gym Styles w/o's (Back/bicep/shoulder) @ the gym (using iphone download) last week while on vacation, & it ABSOLUTELY ROCKED! Seriously, I almost didn't do it, cuz I couldn't see how it would work, but decided to try one just in case (& because I'd just read where Cathe responded to someone saying the Gym Styles were perfect downloads for the gym). When I got to the gym, I just popped in my ear buds, strapped that baby to me and ROCKED IT. Because of how that workout was set up, (and w/ Cathe's impeccable cueing) I didn't even need to look @ the screen. I just did watever she said to do, and noone ever even knew that I was following a workout vid...it just looked like I was in a zone, & just "knew" wat to do. It was without a doubt, the most efficient time I've EVER spent in the gym. And I've been working out a long time, and been to gym several times (used to have membership before becoming a SAHM)...it so beats my old method of taking out a piece of paper or magazine article every 5 min to see what to do next. I was so upset that I didn't bring more with me/ try it out sooner. I just had visions of taking STS downloads w/me :eek: !

But, alas, I'm not on vaca anymore, and my home gym has everything I need (including DVD player ;) ) so I won't be needing my downloads anytime soon. But I know for sure, I'll be doing it from now on when I go on trips away from home.

I will also say, though, that you probably won't catch me taking any step/choreography type w/o's with me though. Just stuff that I could do easily by listening or just takin a quick glance at the phone.

So my opinion is: downloads + gym = BEST INVENTION EVER!

Last edited:
Thanks!!

I'm so excited to hear this positive feed back. Thank you both for the input. I will be ordering the downloads for gym styles. I will also go through my collection (which is everything Cathe has done since 2003) and figure out which one might work best at the gym.

I'm super excited!! Thank you, thank you for responding.

Sonja.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.