Double Upper Body BM2

Ronne

Cathlete
I'm working through the current May rotation and I just did the Double Upper Body premix off BM2.

OMG!!! I could barely pick a glass of water up after my chest is so shaky! Even typing I can feel the muscles in my chest twitching!

I feel so proud of myself that I managed to get through the whole thing!

Now I'm going to have a rest!

Ronne;)

Good job getting through the whole workout!

I did Double Upper Body on Monday and I still feel it in my back, triceps, and chest today!! It's a great workout!

Lisa

I had to shift things around a bit to fit my schedule. I'm doing the double upper body workout tonight. For some reason, I didn't think it would be so tough. (Wishful thinking)

Is it just your chest with DOMS or do you feel it in your back and arms as well? I guess I'll know in the morning.

It was really just the chest. This morning it's more shoulders and chest (I do find push-ups really hard though) and my back at the top is a bit sore as well.

Oh and I can feel it in my abs a bit (there's double abs sneaked in there as well you know!).

I'm subbing low impact step today with low max (a 45 min premix). Looking forward to it after all the endurance work!

Have fun with Upper Body!

Ronne

Yes the double abs were killer! and the chest really got a good solid workout! i still felt like my biceps could have used more oomph, but I needed to go heavier and didn't - my bad!

I agree the double abs were crazy, but made it through. I was very proud of finishing the entire workout. I did a challenging weight and the next day felt it most in my back, chest and triceps.

I am loving the rotation in May, but my legs are getting tired. It's well worth it since I really feel everything tightening up. I'm really working on my legs and core and am really notice strength gains-awesome! It's about time!

Do the coremax and you'll be notice how much easier it is to do other strength training. Makes a big difference! I'm getting there and loving it!! I've dropped two pantsizes from a 10 to a 6 since the first of the year. I haven't been there in years!

:D

love, . . love, . .love, . .this workout. i do it once a week. it really challenges you, . . and with those 15lbs weights boy oh boy is it hard.

I did the Double Upper Body last night as planned. Thanks to your comments about DOMS I drank a protein shake right after the workout to help with recovery. That's the only reason I am not as sore as I should be. I am sore though, feeling it mostly in my shoulders and upper back. Not so much in the chest for some reason but I bet I'll feel it there tomorrow.

I'm not very good at doing the dips with one leg up so I did the first set on the stability ball. (I can finally do them that way.) I did the second set with the hand weights but with both heels on the floor.

I skipped out on the ab work yesterday. }( After the weight work, I was fried. Plus I did LIC yesterday morning which probably had something to do with it. I'm not crazy, I just wanted to add some cardio to my workout and make sure that my upper body was completely exhaused by the end of the day; which it was.

Teals

That's very impressive, Teals. LIC plus Double Upper Body - yikes!

Hae you done the BM2 Cardio Blast? I did that yesterday. Boy, is that tough!

Ronne

Can someone please tell what is in Double Upper Body BM1?

Is there any cardio, is it all cardio with the Upper Body at the end?

I have not had time to view this particular workout. I know, call me lazy!

I have done almost every premix in BM2 except for this one!

This premix does the upper body weight work (that occurs at the end of the normal workout) twice. Each move is done, and then repeated, and then moves onto the next move. For instance, you would do concentration curls, repeat concentration curls, and then move onto the next bicep move such as regular curls and repeat that. It literally is double upper body!

So Double Upper Body Max 2 is the upper body only?

I was wondering how any mortal couuld survive all of BM2 and then repeat the Upper Body Work.

I think I can tackle the Double Upper Body if it is only upper body....

I switched things around again and did that one yesterday (Thursday). I had to cut my leg work short earlier this week so instead of just doing the blasts, I did the leg work as well during the blasts. I'm really tired this week (that time of the month) so I could really only muster up the energy to do it on the 4 inch step. That was a bummer but at least I got the job done and it was still a tough workout.

I just love the routine and the music. They fit so well together and keeps me motivated to push forward. My knees liked it as well.

Amy,

Yes, The Double Upper Body Premix is upper body work only. Each routine done twice in a row. It's tough but you can do it.

I do plan to try doing the full BM2 step and circuit workout and then switching to the double upper body premix just to see if I can get through it and to challenge myself. It will have to be on one of my more energetic days though. I don't have it in me this week.

I hope you try the DUB premix. If you do, let me (and Ronne --if i may be so bold as to speak for her) know.

I do plan to use Double Upper Body in a future rotation.

I have mapped out an 11 week rotation and am on Week Two of that one.

I think I will do the Double Upper body instead of the CTX Upper Body Split soon.

Thanks for the info and I'll surely let you know how bad it was because I know how hard just one round of BM2 Upper Body is

Hey Teals

How did you find week 2 of the rotation? I didn't find it as hard as week 1 (although I did have to do some subbing).

I'm doing Jari Love's Slim & Lean today as I don't have the Pyramid DVD.

Ronne

Hey Ronne,

I subbed quite a bit for week two. I don't have any of the body blast series on dvd. I taped them several years back from Fit TV. I need to get them though.

My subs made for a week of tough workouts. I agree that it wouldn't have been so hard without my subs.

Instead of Kickmax (which I have but I didn't feel like all of the jumping)I did the Kickbox from CTX plus the kickbox circuit segment from CTX and the standing leg work from Legs and Glutes.

I did BM2 Cardio Blast but I added in the circuit leg work.

I did Pyramid Up and Rhythmic Step (w/o the challenge)

I did High Step Training Advanced. I hadn't done that one in over a year. It was tough.

I did Drill Max

Saturday I did floor work and bonus Core Work from Butts and Gutts (I think). I had planned to do yoga but I was too tired.

This week I've already started subbing. I want a little more aerobics than the rotation calls for so I did IMAX 2 (but only on 4 inch step height) along with Pyramid Up Legs.

I'm thinking that today, instead of a 90 minute aerobics workout, which would kill me, I'll do the PUB and 10-10-10 + Step and Intervals from CTX.

I'll do the rest of the week as planned but I will add in the leg conditioning drills to the kickmax workout.

I had delusions of doing double bootcamp tomorrow. Cathe put that in an endurance rotation a while back. But if I do that, I don't think I'd give my all to the rest of this week's workouts. Just who do I think I am anyway?

BTW, Who is Jari Love?

The Pyramid Workouts are very good. They are strength training workouts. It's a hassle to some to change the weights after each set. It does get a litte monotonous changing the weights on the barbell for the leg workout but I don't mind. It's a good workout to own or tape from FIT TV. I taped it several years back but I ended up buying the intensity series. It doesn't have a bunch of premixes so if you tape it from FIT TV, doing "Pyramid Up" is self explanatory.

I did the 90 min SJP/SB yesterday. I paced myself and didn't go crazy at the beginning and I lasted fine. I was really surprised. I do think that Cathe's more recent DVDs are harder than some of these older ones.

Today I'm planning to do BM2 Boot Camp premix as I don't have BC/ME DVD. Although I may do the LIC Overall Body premix as I have to be careful with my achilles.

Jari Love has a few mainly weights DVDs. They're all over, high rep, lower weights. No premixes or anything but they're cheap and it's good to have a bit of variety. She's got a website and they're sold by Collage.

I can only do one more workout this week as I go away on Sat. I'll have to pick up the rotation at the end of next week.

I think the leg conditioning drills are part of that premix for tomorrow (as is the stretch actually).

I've just ordered KPC/L&G. Then next on my list is the Gym Styles series!

Have fun!

Ronne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.