Don't you love book threads?

The Brightest Star in the Sky

For those following Marian Keyes she has a new one out - The Brightest Star in the Sky.

I don't remember reading This Charming Man - I'll have to find that now that I've wrapped up Echo in the Bone.

I received a Nook for xmas, so I've been reading so much lately. My recent favorites:

The Help
Child 44
Assassination Vacation
My Stroke of Insight

Listening to Outlander - now I finally have the pronunciations - wonder how long it would take me to listen to the whole series?

Now that I've read the whole series I'm seriously thinking about listening to them all. It'll help bide the time until she writes the next one! :eek:

Reading - U is for Undertow - forgot how much I miss Kinsey

I found this latest Kinsey book a little disappointing. I thought "S is for Silence," in which Sue Grafton changes the format of her Kinsey books, verging away from the constant first person narrative by Kinsey and instead, taking the reader back into the past and narrating past events from the time at which they happen, from the perspective of multiple characters, was a step in the right direction and enriched her series. It didn't quite come off on "U" though. In the end, Kinsey solves the crime based more on just happening to see one of the criminals out in his car rather than through serious sleuthing and this reliance on chance and luck to solve crimes never convinces me I am afraid.

However, the book in the series in which Kinsey steps in to protect her elderly neighbour from a murderous care giver was just great! Can't remember the title of that one, but I recommend it!

I love the relationship Kinsey has with Henry, her landlord and with her Hungarian restauranteur friend!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.