Don't you love book threads?

buffettgirl

Cathlete
What are you reading? I'm in the middle of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and loving it. I have Lolita reserved at the library at the prompting of a friend. Oh, and The Enchanted Places, a memoir of the real Christopher Robin, is waiting on my desk.

I just finished The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and am rereading How to be Good. I have the new Margaret Atwood on tap after that. Except I can't remember what it's called:confused:

I'm reading The Talent Code and loving it! It's about how our brains get hardwired to learn new skills/habits etc. Very cool stuff! :)

I'm reading Lolita right now for an online book club sort of thing (was I the one who prompted you, Robin?) and oddly enough I have The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo waiting on the window seat to read next. I am also reading a bit of J.K. Rowling's The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Health at Every Size. Reading is much slower-going with 3 kids now, but I still try to do it when I can. Oh yeah, also listening to the audiobooks of the Harry Potter series (which I've already read in regular book form and listened to so many times).

Last edited:
I am always embarassed to talk about the books I am reading on this forum because I have been doing nothing but reading fluff for a while now!

I just read my first Marian Keyes book. Yep - not rocket science material but it was entertaining.

I do love to read though but with my little guys - I am constantly shelving books because I just don't have the time.

When I do get back to something other than fluff I will have to bring up these kinds of threads for recommendations.

I recently finished Sarah's Key, which I loved, and now I'm reading Tom Venuto's latest book, The Body Fat Solution. I really like it. It's nice and practical. BFFM was a little too much for me and this one is more at my level. Next up is The Seamstress, a biography about a holocaust survivor I bought a year ago and have yet to read.

I just finished Andre Agassi's autobiography which I thought was excellent. I never read sports bios but really enjoyed this one. Other than that, my nephew has me reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series :D and I'm waiting for Michael Pollan's new book to arrive at the library.

Still plodding away with Wolf Hall...I don't know why it's taking me so long with this one; I really like it. It's my "beside the bed" book.

I also have The Landlord at Lion's Head in my purse, in case I get stuck waiting in a line or go to lunch solo.

Hey, Shelley, you read Juliet, Naked, didn't you?

TeTe - nope, haven't read Juliet, Naked yet. I really, really want to though! Buying books isn't in the budget right now and I'm on the waiting list at the liberry. (Hey, Beavs, if you stop in here, did you notice I said liberry?)

I can send you my copy. I can also send An Education while I'm at it. Seriously, let me know, and I'll send them out tomorrow.

Not at all, and, I have your address, missy!!! Sending it tomorrow! The only thing is, you have to return it in person ;)!

I'm still reading The Wordy Shipmates. It feels a little more serious than some of her other books, but I like it. It's taking me forever to read anything lately.

I'm still reading The Wordy Shipmates. It's taking me forever to read anything lately.

Gosh me too. I have 3 different books that I've been reading for the past 2 weeks. It usually takes me 2 days to finish a book.

I'm reading The Hemingses of Monticello, Fire Fly Lane, and The Swan Theives.

I'm trying to get back into sewing too. It seems like there is never enough time in the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.