DOMS Party, and you all are invited....

Anyone else having some DOMS today? No, this is not a "WHINE" party...
bring your sore attitude here (that's a good thing), but no wheelchairs are allowed here. We are a unique bunch, but don't judge us by the way we walk or when we can't dress ourselves because the discomfort is so grand. We love "feeling it" as Cathe would say.

I am walking around like the tin man who is in desperate need of some oiling. And I still have to do PUB. If I don't sign on tomorrow, just know I am having too much fun DOMS'n. I can feel a party coming on.;)I think I have Low Max scheduled for tomorrow. Oh, my! LOL

Charlotte~~

I had IOMS (IMMEDIATE onset muscle soreness!) from ME-upper body last night that I could hardly lift my arms above my head to take my shirt off! Yowie!! They're not too bad today but I still feel it in my shoulders.

I love that workout!!

Angie

Very little DOMS here today!

I just wanted to say that I always love your posts and you keep things very interesting around here. LOL

Nice to have people like you around!!!

Keep up the good work!:D

Charlotte-

I am leaving my house early to come this Party because it will take me a while to get there. LOL.

I am sore all over too. Sunday was PLB and a 20 minute, 2 mile run.
Yesterday was PUB and a 30 minute, 3 mile run.

OUCH!

What can I bring to eat to this party?

Gayle

I pretty much have perpetual DOMS, it seems. LOL! ;) So, count me in on this party. Today, my triceps are just killing me! Tomorrow, it will be something else I'm sure. (Probably my butt and legs) So, I'll mosey on over to your party, a-gruntin' and a-groanin' the whole way. I sure do love DOMS though. It's the best pain in the world. :D

I did GS Chest and Triceps yesterday, and my tris are screaming today! So I'll join your DOMS party :) I'm planning HSTA tomorrow, so hopefully they will be recovered by tomorrow.

Sherry :)

No actual DOMS but just that lovely mild ache all over feeling that lets you know you did something the day before (specifically SuperSets). I love that feeling!!

Right there with you all! Yesterday it was kick max low impact (w/ the the drills) plus I added on floor work and then played tennis. Was certainly feeling it in my lower half yesterday! This morning was PUB, so the feeling has moved up to my upper body today. Wouldn't have it any other way!

The gift that keeps on giving.... enjoy with a true sense of accomplishment. I do.

Nancy

Feelin good,

Thanks. I love a good party especially one that we can all ache together and feel overjoyed about it! YEAH!

Gayle,

I will be expecting you in about 7 hours so hurry up. Your about 7 hours away, I think. You can bring your hardcore workouts as I don't really have any, but no canes or wheelchairs...pleeeasssee!

Nancy,

Yup, the gift that keeps on giving...that about sums it up.

Sherry,

I have some Icy Hot if you need some, but we are all tough here so probably not, huh?

:p

Emily,

Tomorrow I still have to do Low Max whether I ache all over too. I feel an outer body experience coming on. LOL

NY25,

Your just have sick and sore like the rest of us here. Aren't you glad?

Angie,

Just think you could be swimming today? How would you like that?

Charlotte~~

This is no fair. I wanna come to the party! x( In anticipation of the big July event I've upped my weights on pretty much everything. So Sunday I went 20 lbs heavier on squats, lunges & presses. You know what? I'm not feeling a thing.

A clear sign that I have not been pushing myself. Guess I should thank Cathe & you guys for breaking through that stupid, unambitious plateau.

Charlotte, What did you do to get so sore? Whatever it was, tell me and I'll do it!!!}(

Ever so slight soreness in the pecs and upper abs from ME yesterday. Haven't picked that one up in about 3 weeks!

I'd like to know too! Even when I change things around, or lift heavier, it's a rare day I get DOMS.

Susan C.M.

Sarah,

Did just a 4 mile hike up the mountain on Sunday with family. Yesterday was KPC and SS (lower body only) and Lawn Max. Didn't run with the push mower this time, but was more like a crippled woman with a smile on her face! LOL

Maximus,

If you could literally be here, I would make you feel it! Not too long ago we ordered 300lbs in weights. LOL

Charlotte~~

I think I'll join the party. I've been doing Cathe's August '04 rotation which concentrates on lower body. Since I'm away from home on the weekends now, I have to run on Saturdays. This past Saturday I ran the first time since fall. Did my personal best for 4 miles but my poor quads are still hurting. Then did L + G on Monday which didn't help any! Have PLB or something equally tough on the legs for tomorrow. My poor legs are probably wondering what they did to deserve all this punishment. Bathing suit season is upon us, so, so sorry legs! I promise I will treat you both better next month.

doms party

>I think I'll join the party. I've been doing Cathe's August
>'04 rotation which concentrates on lower body.

How do you like this rotation? I'll have to check it out. Do you still do upper body?

As for DOMS Miss Charlotte, I did KPC and the KM leg drills on Sunday. Pretty sore on Monday, but went ahead and did BC on Monday. Last night my bottom was sore sitting on a cushiony seat! :) I didn't get my usual 5A w/o in due to a rough night with the children. Guess I know what it would feel like to have a newborn again. I'm pretty sure I saw every hour on the clock last night. Sigh... I was planning on doing upper body and a run. Maybe I still will when DH gets home. I don't know how you all work out in the afternoon/evening. I'm getting so tired I just might have to take a nap!

Charlotte, love your new pix as well! You look great! :)

Have a great day! Hope mine gets better! I need my work outs! Wahhh!

Dallas

(formerly dmstefanos)

PS - Sorry I accidentally erased the subject field. I really don't know how my cursor got up there. I'm too tired to care.

RE: doms party

Dallas,

You sound like a Maniac with your workouts! Boot Camp scares me. Last time I did it I wasn't sure I was gonna make it to the grocery store. Started feeling very weird...like I was floating or something. LOL I think I under estimated just how much water I really need to drink for that one. Probably a gallon. ;-)

BTW, thanks for the compliment.

Charlotte~~

Girl, I'm squatting 180 & pressing 225. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure I'd hurt myself if I went heavier than that.

However, Lawn Max might put a hurtin' on me. :p I'm not very fond of nature, unless it consists of sand & the ocean.

Hello everyone - just did KPC for the first time last night and oh boy - it found some muscle in my upper body, backside - yeow! That is such a fun workout! I thought it would have more plyometrics like KM, but i think I like the format - its fun! Cannot wait to try legs and glutes tonight!

Yes, I am still working upper body. I've modified the rotation to add more upper body than what she's given. Therefore there are one or two days a week where I'm doing a second workout in the evening - either to add more upper body or another cardio if I feel like the cardio called for wasn't intense enough. I've never been able to do a 'by the book' Cathe rotation, but I do follow it pretty closely!

I do feel like I'm getting results. I just started my third week on it. HTH.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.