Doms on week 2

merary

Hi guys,

Is it normal to not have doms on week 2 of STS? Or does that mean I went too light on my weights this week? I did chest, biceps and shoulders yesterday, and unlike last week when I could barely move the day after, I feel just a slight tingle in the muscles I worked yesterday.

Is this OK and I'm just a masochist, or should I go heavier to keep the doms alive?

Thanks!

I am on my last week of STS, and I usually only had DOMS the first week of each meso. I adjusted my weights throughout, going heavier or lighter as needed and updating my 1RMs in the workout manager. By the time I got to Meso 3, my weights were just right. You don't need to have DOMS to build muscle, but you should increase your weights if you felt like you could have kept going at the weight you were using.

I usually only had DOMS the first week of each meso. I adjusted my weights throughout, going heavier or lighter as needed and updating my 1RMs in the workout manager. By the time I got to Meso 3, my weights were just right. You don't need to have DOMS to build muscle, but you should increase your weights if you felt like you could have kept going at the weight you were using.

I was the same way. DOMS the first week of each Meso, then my body seemed to adjust to that cycle. I did update my 1RM as I moved along. I finished my first STS round in March. The toning, strength, and endurance gains were way beyond my expectations.
Sounds like you're doing just fine. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.