DOMs after Meso 3

Dawncharlie

Cathlete
This is my second time through STS and I love it! I really felt stronger and was amazed at the weights I could lift by the end.

My question is . . . after Meso 1 and 2, I almost always felt DOMs or at least some soreness after the workouts. I really felt worked out!

But after Meso 3, even though I was lifting very heavy weights, I never felt DOMs or much soreness afterwards. This could be, of course, that I was stretching in Meso 3 after each set. But I wonder if I'm not going heavy enough in Meso 3. Did others experience DOMs after Meso 3?

Thanks for your insights!

Dawn

Hi Dawn

I hear you! After Mesocycle 1 & 2 I loved the feeling of DOMS, it makes me feel like I worked hard. But in Mesocycle 3, despite lifting super heavy weight.......no DOMS :confused: I finished STS and did Gym Style last week and...............DOMS. Im no expert, but from what I understand, lack of DOMS is no reflection on how hard your muscles have worked, I think psychologicaly, you need to feel the effects the next day. Also, Cathe says in Gym Style when she does the one arm row with the extension that a stretch in your weight training is good as it opens the muscle fibres and allows blood to flow in hence aiding recovery, so yes, I´m guessing that all the stretching in Mesocycle 3 is why there are less DOMS

Anyone else have a commet?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.