Doing what's best for the kids?

Well, I think that if people wait until they are mature and also get married for the right reasons, then divorce can be avoided.

My parents fought constantly, and I was glad that they divorced, I just wish that my mother hadn't remarried a pervert.

By best friend who has 3 kids is in the process of divorcing her husband. He was just weird and distant. They had a terrible sex life--he couldn't last for more than a minute and refused to get help or counseling for it. He said that he was satisfied, so what's the problem? Obviously, there is more to marriage than sex, but if someone is completely unwilling to even attempt to fulfill his/her partner then that person should probably be alone. She is so much happier, and the kids could care less if they even see their dad again.

My husband and I waited until we were 30 to marry, and I'm from an area where people typically get married immediately after they graduate from college. People from back home would say, "Why aren't you married yet, it's not like you're super fat or ugly?" Oh yeah, most of them are divorced now, too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.