Doing the checkin thang!

preggers check-in

Aimee-I also love Body Max. Can't wait till I can do it again.

DebbieH-Okay so I like Step Max pretty well too. I'm glad you tried it even though it's old.

I'm with Lisa that I think it's great you have the courage to change jobs HB. I am also afraid to leave my job for something I like better.

And now for my week:

Tue. First 1/2 of 2K01 (Gay's) step.

Wed. Full body weights on my own. A routine from one of my Fit Pregnancy mags.

Thur. PowerMax WU and 2nd half of 2k01

Sat. Full body weights

Andrea

Checking in

Love those green froggy things, but I'm feeling a little green myself :-tired after scrolling thru the check-in! Need to try Circuit Max this week - it received a lot of :-jumpy 's. My week:

Monday: cycle 22 miles (rolling interval work)
Tuesday: PS Legs; Pilates mat class
Wednesday: cycle 15 miles (flat, easy pace because I was birdwatching; then it started to rain & I prudently headed home & declared this a recovery day).

Thursday: Pilates mat class; PS Back & Biceps (no abs); then PS C,S&T (playing catch-up on PS tapes. Won't do this again, my triceps were not happy about being the tail of this workout)

Friday: Cardio Kicks
Saturday: Cycle 45 miles (lots of hills)
Sunday: Firm Cardio; Millenium Stretch

It's been much cooler so I'm back on my bike, plus my 2 favorite spinning instructors are away on their honeymoon. Need to get my PS workouts done earlier in the week too. Have a great week everyone.
Debra

RE: preggers check-in

Wow, you've really picked it up. You must be feeling well. When is your due date?

RE: preggers check-in

Yes! I am finally feeling great! I do miss being able to give it my all, but I have a feeling of accomplishment in upping the weights a little now and then. My son points out that I'm not doing what "they" are and then says, "it's because of you baby huh Mom. You can do it after you baby comes out" and I'm thinking "I hope so!"

As for your check-ins I can't believe how many miles you bike. What is your secret to the sore butt thing?

Andrea

Hey Honeybunch...

Congratulations on the new job. You're right...change is a good thing :) :)!! I am one of those people who's all for changing jobs/careers if you're unhappy in your present one. I'm currently on my second job in four years and it looks like I'll probably be changing jobs again in the next six months (although this time it'll be because hubby will need to relocate after his school is done).

Anyway, believe me, if you've found a job where your God-given talents can truly be put to use each day you are one lucky woman. As for me career-wise, I still haven't found what I'm looking for (as the song goes) and hat's off to you for doing this wonderful thing for yourself :) :)!!

As you can tell I feel pretty strongly about this and just wanted to let you know I'm proud of you for having the courage to make a change in your life :-cool.

Take care,
Lisa

My Check-in

Just read everyone's check-ins and as usual, I'm inspired by everyone's consistency...I love coming here to get my weekly boost from everyone :).

Here's how my week looked:

Sunday - Step & Intervals in its entirety; PS BBA
Monday - Power Circuit cardio portion; PS SLA
Tuesday - Cardio Kicks; back, plank and abs from Power Circuit; PS CST
Wednesday - 60 minutes on elliptical machine using the Interval and Glutes programs...this was a major leg workout!
Thursday - CTX Kickbox in its entirety
Friday - 10-10-10 in its entirety
Saturday - All Step in its entirety

Take care everyone,
Lisa :)

one gets used to it

Believe it or not, one does get used to the bike seat if the mileage is increased gradually. I'm actually doing better on a hard racing saddle that Santa Claus brought last year (replacing a gel seat). I tried a Terry saddle (it has strategic cutouts)& was miserable. Also wear padded shorts of course, & use Body Glide on the chamois.

Take care of yourself. Nice to read that you have a personal trainer watching out for you!

guess I won't buy a gel

And I forgot to tell that I'm due Jan. 27. My doc hopes I don't go into labor during Superbowl :D

Closing in on the end of a rotation

Hi all my checkin buddies. I have been overwhelmed with all sorts of life tasks and haven't had a ton of time to respond to everyone..even last week too:-(.
But I have to get in a couple of things before I forget!
Aimee...that moving text;-). All you have to do is write marquee in between these "[]"(side note to the brackets..go into the help in html here to see which brackets..they post different then the one on the key...you want the ones by the Letter P) and then write your banner...but don't for get to close it with the brakets and this../marquee. The slash ends your html code so you don't continue to move everything else. Here is an example...but with spaces so you can see it:
[ marquee ] Hello Aimee[ / marquee ] and it should look like this:
[marquee]Hello Aimee[/marquee]
And HB....best of luck with the new job, they are lucky to have such a nice person join their team:).

Now, my week:7
Monday Sport Cycle...working on getting more spinning in and set a goal to do three this week. Wouldn't it be great if Cathe did a spin tape (hint hint;-))...gosh, I'd have no problem getting it in then!
Tuesday CTX Power Circuit with the Back and then Bis from CTX too....little note in log..struggled on bis even has one of these:-tired! LOL
Wednesday AM Island Ride (thanks Cleda for the loan...gonna have to order this since it will be leaving me soon:-(...;-). PM CXT All Step with Chest, Shoulders, and Tris from CTX
Thursday CTX Leaner Legs, tougher workout than usual...up real early, OK...middle of the night when I thought someone was in the house..there wasn't but it scared the you know what out of me..and DH was traveling. Tried to skip the workout cause of how icky I felt but then a little voice told me not to let my fears win...so I did it but was still out of my regular routine. Did the PM KB class and was pooped from how long I had been up:-tired.
FridayDH came home early!!!:7...so glad but then struggled with my workout today. It had been put off due to the change in schedule with DH coming home and then I had an unexpected call from old friend who loves to talk....so there I was in bike shorts seconds from spinning...later than planned and I got delayed even later. I finally...yikes...cut her off an hour into the converstation and jumped on my bike for a spin ride with Johnny G...I had made a date today to spin with a fellow Vidiot..Tammy C and couldn't let her down. I am sure Tammy was done long before I was with our Friday spin date...but thanks Tammy for making me do it regardless.
Saturday KB class in the am...up too late on Friday night chat and was barely awake for this class;-).
Sunday CTX Step&Intervals...my fav cardio of the CTX:-jumpy..then followed with the Chest, Shoulder and Tris.

I am planning one more week of CTX and then it's on to my Cathe all out MAX week...nothing allowed unless it has MAX in the title;-).

Have a good week everyone....and yes Cleda..I did notice I beat ya this time;-)

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/vf sport banner.jpg

Hi Nancy!

I just had to try your marque directions to see if I could do it! [marquee]Hi Nancy! :)I did it!!! :-jumpy :-jumpy[/marquee]That is so cool. Hey, a question I think I might have asked before~ (sorry if I did.) Can you do the spinning tapes with a regular exercise bike? Just what I need, another piece of equipment in my w/o room! Thanks Nanc for the directions on the moving marquee and GREAT job on your week of fitness! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

Hey Debbie!

[marquee]:)Wahoooooo:-jumpy[/marquee]

I think you can use a regular bike for spinning. You may be limited by what kind of trainer you have to hold your bike up...I am pretty sure you won't have the same stability for standing work and the tension may not be the same but I know people do use them. If you give it a try...Mindy Mylreas Sport Cycle is my favorite Spin tape. She's great at instruction, cuing and keeping it fun all the while working you to death...kinda like our own Cathe;-).

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/vf sport banner.jpg

Having the guts to leave a job....

....I don't believe in staying in a job with which you are not happy. You spend so many hours of you life working, that is it is not worth doing something you don't like.

I would begin with making a list....1)What would you like to do? 2)Do you need additional education? 3)Maybe visit a job counselor. They have free counseling at a lot of colleges. 4)Get additional computer skills! This is very important! 5)Make use of job placement agencies, like Kelly Services, or Manpower. They do Temporary to Permanent placement. 5)Visit your state employment office....they have lots of job placement resources.

Just do it! You'll be glad you did. I hate being bored, and I like to feel like I've made a contribution. You have to make yourself happy....your company won't do that for you.

Good luck! It IS worth it! YOU are worth it!! You are worth the time it takes to get yourself fit, and you are worth the effort to find a new job. :-jumpy

RE: Finally got to Cathe's New Tapes

and I absolutely love them! Here I am late again but at least here I am this week. Hey Honeybunch, congrats on your new job. I have been at my job for 16 years and while I do like my job, thank God, I know change can be hard. Getting up for work in the morning would be a big drag if one could not stand their job.

Here was my week:

Monday - Step Reebok, the Video

Tuesday - Power Circuit/back

Wednesday - Kickbox/biceps

Thursday - Step & Intervals/chest

Friday - 10/10/10/triceps

Saturday - Cardio Kicks

Sunday - Strength, Balance & Flexibiility (Monday, yesterday, was my rest day this week for those who notice they don't see one)

I have yet to try Circuit Max but I shall get to it.

I am in the process of buying a new vehicle and have it down to 3 choices: Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or 160 EL Acura. All good cars I believe but it will come down to money for sure. Any opinions out there?

Have a great week.

Kim

RE: Hey Nancy!

Glad you made our spinning date!! I wish Cathe would make a spinning tape too!! More hints!! Hee-hee!

Oh and about your dog being a chicken......I always thought he was a hotdog! HA!HA!HA! Funny aren't I??

BTW...your check-in looks great!
http://sisterhoney.tripod.com/tigger.gif

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone and thanks for all the well wishes for my sister-in-law's delivery! My brother-in-law did indeed make it home (in plenty of time) and they have a 8 lb 8 oz son born at 2:20 on Sunday afternoon. She had him totally natural (vaginal birth vs. c-section as she had last time, and non-medicated) and momma and baby Jake are doing just fine and slated to be home this afternoon!

:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

I'm an Auntie, again!!!

Elizabeth Kelly :)

Hi Kim!

My hubby is in the car business and I'll ask him tonight about your 3 choices and see what he thinks. I know for a fact that 2 of his favorite choices for a good solid car is either the Honda or a Camry. I'll see what he has to offer when he gets home from out-of-town. Anything SPECIAL you want to share with us this week?;-) Your week was great with your workouts and DO TRY CM. You will love it! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

Sooo..

...glad baby Jake and Mom are doing fine. Also, glad that Dad made it back in time. Speaking of babies~MY DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT! :-jumpy (Our very 1st. grandchild!) We were sooo surprised and excited when our daughter & son-in-law gave my hubby & I each a gift-bag and said that it was a late "House-Warming" present! We opened the gifts and I had a bib in my hand that said' "I Love My Grandma" and David's said, Grandpa! We were both in shock as we were not expecting it at all. She is a school teacher and the baby is due her last day of school. Sorry for posting this here. I guess this is not a "Check-In" but I just had to share. (And just to make it Fitness related, my new DVD's will get me in excellent shape to chase the new lil' miracle around!) Thanks for letting me boast a bit. :) Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.