Does your Husband/boyfriend workout to Cathe?

dmd

Cathlete
Hey Gals-
How many of you have hubbys/boyfriends that workout to Cathe? As I read the new specs to my hubby, I found him asking me to make certain comments about the new vids...WOW! Anyway, just wondered if Cathe cared much about the "male" population that workout with her, or if she even knows how many men do her workouts. I bet there are more than she realizes.

Thanks, dmd

My husband has just started lifting and he does the upper body work from BodyMax. Tonight he says he's going to try doing the upper body stuff from MIS.

He already outlifts me in most areas after only a few weeks. He started with a Kathy Smith video, just to put his toes in the water, so to speak, and quickly outgrew it.

Cathe F. really impresses him with her strength. He's amazed at her ability to do big-girl push-ups. And like the rest of us, now knows the pain of what the words "crazy eights" really means! LOL

Susan G.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-02 AT 02:51PM (Est)[/font][p]My brother has become just as much a Cathe nut as myself. He really loves her strength workouts. The funny thing is that he is embarassed for some reason, and makes sure I don't tell anyone that he gets his butt kicked by a woman on a video! I think that is so silly:-rollen, and you should see the biceps he's developed after two months of Slow and Heavy!

My husband will do IMAX with me. During the step part, he makes up his own thing. He'll do CardioKicks too. He also will do Gin Miller's Intense Moves. He's a very, very, very fit and muscluar guy. For 42, he looks better than most guys on the front of Muscle & Fitness, so I guess this is a real endorsement for Cathe from a real fitness freak. He would have never thought of working out with me before, but he had a climbing accident a couple years ago and broke his foot. Part of his rehab after surgery last year was balancing moves. I had him doing Cardio Kicks for balance and he really liked it...the rest is history.
Amy

My hubby works out with me also. We were doing MIS and PS for years before I ever bought another video because he doesn't like "change" and he is terrified of Step. So I went off on my own and got Cardio Kicks, CTX and CM and Rythmic S. He was afraid of CK for a long time, but he liked it. Now he does it every Monday. But when he knows I'm going to do step, he goes out running instead. It's funny though, once in a while he will try the step tapes and uses an extra step I have. He gets soooo frustrated because he can't "get" it and I get distracted from all his rantings and then I get mixed up!!! So it's better if he just stays clear of the step....:-rollen

Donna M

My husband doesn't workout.Well I guess that could be considered a lie because he probably does work out....3 times a year..hahaha.When his boss blows in to town, then he usually starts to talk about working out b/c that's what his boss does.He will get one work out in and then he will be to sore the next day...then that it,it's over.
Lori

Right now I am begging my husband to do Power Hour with me tommorrow!!! He has done MIS, but cries the whole time and tells me that "Cathe" can't possibly be a real woman. She MUST be a robot or something" LOL!!!

I wonder why men have so much less coordination. My husband I think really would love CK but he is so confused. I just keep going "Your on the RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!". Ok, its like, what about this do you not understand?? LOL!! And a step tape??? Yeah, right!! He has already made up in his mind that he will fail. SO, I guess he would....I will ALWAYS keep trying for IMAX, though.....

Wow! I am impressed by what your husbands will do. I understand the shame a guy can feel working out to a "chick" workout tape, my husband used to panic everytime the doorbell rang or one of the kids had a friend over during his workout with Cathe. Now, shoot, he doesn't care at all...especially since all of the positive feedback he is getting about the change his body is undergoing.

The other day my husband did Imax with me and it wasn't pretty. He was cursing and frustrated by the "step" portion of it, and like the other husband was doing "his own thing" until the intervals came. He often does Gin Millers Intense moves with me and wishes Cathe would offer the same "athletic" style she does but with the 3 minute interval. Gee, you know, I think that if Cathe were to do a video with all or mostly men we would buy it and our hubbys would be more comfortable too! What do you all think?

dmd

Hey DMD!

Are you aware that Cathe has men working out with us on her CircuitMax and CardioKick tapes? Just wanted to make sure in case you don't have those two. My DH works out with me doing Cathe's strength tapes. MIS has a step warm-up and, Oh my gosh, every time we do it, my DH is all over the place. I couldn't even watch! :-wow Sometimes, even on warm-ups w/o the step, he is going right when I am going left on things like side steps. I just tell myself, it doesn't matter which way he's going as long as he is warming up, right?? I never thought about him trying CK. I may have to try to talk him into at least TRYING it. I would love it if he could do the cardio with me too. I'll keep you posted! BTW, I asked Cathe sometime back if she was going to use the guys again this next filming and she said, yes, as long as it fits their schedule! Woo-Hoo!!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hey DMD!

Hi, Debbie H!

Yes, I do own both Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks. My DH has tried Circuit Max and found himself VERY frustrated keeping up with the coreography...have not tried CK though...hmmm?

I think that Cathe would be wise to gear a couple of her new videos to men and or the coreographically impaired. Boot Camp and the new IMAX or perhaps the Circuit tape? I mean a really Athletic and tough **# tape, you know what I mean? I know my DH would be thilled and I would love to do such a tape as well.

I just find it facinating that man are doing Cathe's Strength tapes ( seems more men do those..) and are not only challenged but are having success with them. For example, I have four girlfriends who I have led to Cathe, and their DH's do the Strength tapes and WHOA! Results! I mean, these tapes have transformed those households as well as the bodies within. Amazing! I just wonder if Cathe knows that she has an underground following!

It's fun sharing Cathe with my DH!

dmd

Anyway, used to be that my DH would be working out to Cathe and if the doorbell would ring he would flee from the room, Lord forbid he be caught working with a womans workout tape!!! Now, he doesn't mind because he knows that the other DH's are doing the tapes too.

RE: Hey DMD!

Hi, Debbie H!

Yes, I do own both Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks. My DH has tried Circuit Max and found himself VERY frustrated keeping up with the coreography...have not tried CK though...hmmm?

I think that Cathe would be wise to gear a couple of her new videos to men and or the coreographically impaired. Boot Camp and the new IMAX or perhaps the Circuit tape? I mean a really Athletic and tough **# tape, you know what I mean? I know my DH would be thilled and I would love to do such a tape as well.

I just find it facinating that man are doing Cathe's Strength tapes ( seems more men do those..) and are not only challenged but are having success with them. For example, I have four girlfriends who I have led to Cathe, and their DH's do the Strength tapes and WHOA! Results! I mean, these tapes have transformed those households as well as the bodies within. Amazing! I just wonder if Cathe knows that she has an underground following!

It's fun sharing Cathe with my DH!

dmd

Anyway, used to be that my DH would be working out to Cathe and if the doorbell would ring he would flee from the room, Lord forbid he be caught working with a womans workout tape!!! Now, he doesn't mind because he knows that the other DH's are doing the tapes too.

Hi dmd,
I am one of Cathe's male users.Tell your husband to stick with the choreography.He will get it and you feel so good.It's such an accomplishment and a mental challenge to put little sequences together.I am now focusing on the cardio hits dvd and the step gives my aching knees (to much running)a chance to recover.The fitness professionals say step is better for the knees.I love circuit max / imax cardio kicks etc...I do sometimes get off count while bobbing up & down in circuit max and my pony feels somwhat awkward.Tell your husband to try Mindy's bootcamp-100 pushups in all ($10.00 special).An awesome tape but not great production and somepeople find Mindy's chattiness annoying.
cheers
Ki

Ki,
I tell my husband the same thing. Once you get the routine down, it feels so good to do the workout. It just takes patience and perseverence and I don't think many men have much of that!! Also, my philosophy why these tapes work so well for men is because with Cathe, there just ISN'T any time to stand around leanin' up against gym machines yackin' about the game!!!! Many men, although they may lift heavy in the gym as well, they do not keep the pace that Cathe makes you keep in order to keep up in her vids. That really makes a difference. That is why I KNOW if my DH were to do these consistently he would be RIPPED. But I can't work out for him, so Oh well.....Janice

My date lifts with me to MIS, Power Hour, Slow and Heavy and the Pure Strength series. We also run and walk to gether and he has even tried a Powerstrike tape but I just don't "go there" when it comes to hi lo or step and I do those on my own. He kids around and tells people I am his personal trainer. He tends not to be as consistent as I am but he does it with me as much as he can.

Kim

I hope no-one gets offended by this! My b/f tried MIS, and was so worn out towards the end that every time Cathe told him to do the next exercise, he put his two fingers up at the TV! He did make it through to the end, and thought it was a good tough workout. Of course, I told him off for being so rude to Cathe!

My DH really just doesn't "get" working out to tapes. He does go to the Y and do some lifting but recently he has joined a taekwondo class, and I am so happy for him! he is really into it, and goes three times a week. But he would never try cardio kicks!

Christine

Ha Ha! He hates them. He still can't get the triple steps at all. He thinks I'm a genius because I can do Step!!

I hate the box step too! I just wondered what a man would think if you asked HIM to do those...LOL. When I plan on doing CK and I remember the box and shuffles...then CMax gets done instead.

Hi dmd!
Believe it or not, my husband has been doing step for about 12 years. We started with the first Step Reebok tape and now he can handle all of cathe's stuff. I must admit Rythmic Step took a while - we broke it down into segments and worked each part, with a CTX tape after, until he got all the fancy footwork.

We live on the west coast of Florida and the nearest gym is about a 30 minute drive so working out at home is the only real option.

We also do all of cathe's weight training tapes.

I am a certified personal trainer and I think cathe just nails it all. I can't wait to see her next series!

Debbie Russo

PS - my husband's favorite tape is Mega Step - I think it is the lace bike shorts. He never does the hop turns, he likes to always face the TV ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.