Does your dog do this?

KimDW

Cathlete
My dog (a 5yr old sheltie) loves to eat the snow. She will stick her nose in it and tunnel through it and then runs around eating it like she just can't get enough of it (kind of like me and chocolate sometimes). Does anyone else's dog do this? She's not eating the pee-pee areas or the poopy areas. It's the first thing she does when she gets outside and the more you say no the more she does it, like it's a game.

Kimbra

Oh, yes. My dog does this. Then he looks up at me and his snout is all covered in snow and he looks so silly that I laugh my head off:)

Both my Eskie and my Aussie do this. They love the snow so much that even my arthitic Eskie will run around like a puppy and dig and tunnel in the snow. It's so cute.

You mean your dog goes out in the snow <G>....we don't get snow, but when we were up in WA and had snow, I had to almost drag them out to a potty area. I think they thought they were allergic! Picture a 90 lb Male Dobe prancing with his feet in the air...snow wimps!

Hi Kimbra,

I have two Shelties and neither has done this, but we don't get a whole lot of snow here in Arkansas, so it's always kind of an unwelcome surprise to them. They're both spoiled indoor dogs, and don't care for messy weather. My older one, in particular, seems to hate even getting her paws wet or cold. If it's raining, I have to make them go out. Then they'll stand out in the rain with a puzzled look on their faces, wincing/blinking when drops hit around their faces.

My younger Sheltie is bad about wanting to eat poop, but that's another story... LOL

Ang

My six month old "baby" does this too. Every time he comes in his face is full of snow. You can sort of tell in this picture (he's a ham! As soon as he sees my camera he sits down and waits lol).

Mace the snow dog:

000_0082.jpg

My Shih-Poo puppy does the same thing. She looks at me afterwards, her entire face covered with snow, as if to say, "Look at me, I'm soo cute!". And then jumps around in the snow and does it again.
But, I have to say that at first she didn't like the snow at all. But now that she's realized that it's here to stay for a while she's ok with it.

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.