Does the tongue of your Ryka Enlights slip to the side or down??

rjroubi

Cathlete
I really love the cushion of these sneakers, but the tongue absolutely drives me nuts when I work out....it always slips to the outside or down the sneaker and the laces end up on binding me on the top of my ankle. I tried lacing it through the little design thing at the top of the tongue (which helped a little bit), but the tongue still ends up shifting around. I hate making the sneaker really tight because that is not real comfortable either. I may try tacking it down on the inside area with some thread or crazy glue. In the meantime, any recommendations on another "cushy" brand?

Robin

I have another type of Ryka's, and they do the same thing! I rarely wear them because it drives me crazy.

My Ryka style does not do that...but the tag is so faded I can not tell the name of the style...:)

All the workout shoes I have used before the Ryka's, mainly Reebok, have had that problem.

I noticed the same thing, too! It drives me nuts. However, the Rykas did not give me enough support. I bought new New Balances, and the tongue does the same thing. I think it has to do with my feet and not the shoe. My feet turn in torwards the arches....maybe that has something to do with it.

Namita

RE: Does the tongue of your Ryka Enlights slip to the s...

This has always happened to all of my sneakers, including my Ryka's. I have always attributed it to having high arches which cause the tongue to fall to the outside of the shoe.

Robin, mine do the same thing. I like my Ryka Rhythms much better -- they don't do it. But truthfully I don't always get a great fit in Rykas -- it's sort of hit or miss. I've returned almost as many as I've kept, and should have returned the Enlights but had worn them too many times when this problem started happening.

I recently bought some New Balance cross trainers, much as I hated to switch from my "Cathe" brand shoes. But I was in physical therapy for my knees, had gotten orthotics and they didn't fit well into my Rykas. That was a critical clue for me. The New Balances are shaped more like my foot is shaped, apparently, because the orthotics fit well and the shoes fit well. This may be a permanent new brand loyalty for me.

I'd suggest you do what I did and go to a good athletic shoe store where you can try on a bunch of brands and work with a salesperson who knows something about fitting. It sure made a difference for me!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif

I rarely have it happen at all! But I don't wear Rykas. I usually lace through the ankle hole, too. I'll tighten up everywhere but the top of the foot. If I tighten the top, when my feet swell with blood from my workouts the laces make my toes fall asleep.

RE: Does the tongue of your Ryka Enlights slip to the s...

I do have 2 other pairs of Ryka sneakers that don't do that, but unfortunately they are not my "indoor" sneakers...I think I may either take Kathy's advice and try the New Balance or if I'm lazy just buy the Ryka Rhythms on line (at least I know my size and fit in that brand).

Kathy if you don't mind me asking which brand of New Balances did you buy? I'm sure if I bought both, DH will not notice another pair of sneakers sneaking through the door.;-) .

Robin:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.