Does anyone eat bagels anymore?

LizC7

Cathlete
someone brought in fresh bagels this morning from an awesome bakery and I'm soo tempted! Are they really that bad?

I think it was Fit44, that turned me onto THE CARB NITE SOLUTION. Thank you Fit44, it's the best eating plan EVER!!! So on my carb nite I eat bagels, and love every bite, and absolutely no guilt.

When I eat bagels I eat a Western Bagel--no they aren't enormous NY bagels--but they are very tasty, low in calorie and loaded with fiber. I buy them in bulk and freeze them. I maybe eat 1-2 a month.

someone brought in fresh bagels this morning from an awesome bakery and I'm soo tempted! Are they really that bad?
The worst thing about bagels is the portion size. No food needs to be demonized, except perhaps for those hideous Easter Peeps and marshmallow fluff, I mean really! Just eat from a wide variety of foods in sensible portions, which is, sadly, always smaller than you would like! I personally refuse to outlaw anything: I just eat some things on fewer occasions (cookies, ice cream) because I have no willpower and find the recommended serving to be too teeny. But, it's all calories, so burn them off: move! I think we all have too much going on in our lives to scrutinize every single bite we take, and yes, I know this is not a popular opinion on the forums and goes directly against Cathe's new post about Nutritional Gurus. Sorry, but there it is.

Clare

I was eating 'clean' but this past week I bought pumpkin bagels and I'm in love with them! Cant get enough and I feel I would let them go to waste if I dont eat the whole package. Of course, I need cream cheese to go with them! Help! Get them out of my house before I eat more! ;)

I haven't had a bagel in a decade LOL. I can be a sweat carb-aholic and since I know my Achilles I have stayed away. But I did just in the past week buy 2 of my evil can't stop eating them junk food. I bought powder doughnuts and barbeque potato chips I haven't had either since 2005. I ate about 10 of those little devils doughnuts it will have to last another decade LOL. I was never in love with bagels but when I decided to cut my carb addiction I stop getting bagels. I didn't stop carbs for weight gain at the time I was mid 30's and still didn't struggle with staying fit but I didn't like my sugar high and lows. My family is full of diabetics that die in their 50's because of not changing food habits. I decided to be stronger. But after reading this I want a cream cheese bagel LOL

Occassionally, yes!! I live in NY, so the bagels here are huge, so I indulge infrequently. With that said, when I see places that sell "bagel flats" I order them - with lox cream cheese!!! Oh, YUMMY!!!!

I actually can't eat bagels, but that's because I associate them with being sick, since a plain bagel or a bagel + cream cheese is one of the few things my stomach can handle when I have an upset stomach (whether it be from the stomach flu or pregnancy nausea)! So if you feel you are addicted to bagels, eat a few the next time you are sick...you'll never want to eat them again! :p

I am kidding, of course. I don't like to exclude any food from my diet, but I learned a long time ago to ask myself "how am I going to feel after I eat this?" and that has really empowered me. I know what makes me feel good and what doesn't, so usually I end up eating 1 treat a day and then calling it good. Kind of like the 90/10 rule. But, as I already said, the treat of the day will never be a bagel, haha!

Lisa

I am also a bagel lover but rarely eat them. Even though they are constantly in the break room at work from a "loving vendor".

My fav is the jalapeno cheese so at least I get a little metabolic rev from the capsaicin ! LOL !

And I second Belinda . . . no way am I clean 100%, but about 90/10 to 80/20 in my book too . . .

I do like a good fresh bagel, just do cardio first. Don't forget the cream cheese or go with cheddar and a scrambled egg.

I prefer onion or a cheese bagel (in the batter). I have yet to visit NY. But if I get there, a real NY bagel is definitely on the list.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.