Do you prefer downloads or physical DVDs?

boilerchick

Cathlete
I'm a trying to decide if I want to order any DVDs using the Cathlete Appreciation coupons that expire very soon, and I'm having a hard time making a decision.

I have about 5 of Cathe's workouts as a download, and several phsyical DVDs. I can't decide whether I prefer the downloads or the actual DVDs and wondered what other people's experience has been.

I obviously like that the downloads are cheaper and take up no space. Also, we only have one TV in our house that stays put away in our closet so I have to drag it out (it as a small faltscreen w/ dvd combo so it's not hard to carry) and take it to my living room to use a DVD. I do have a laptop in my living and usually end up playing my DVDs on it anyway. However, sometimes it's hard to get a high enough volume. Also, the downloads have no future trading value. Plus my laptop doesn't have an enormous hard drive, so it would be hard to have a whole lot of workouts on my computer. Also, I haven't found a good way to "transport" my downloads to use on another tv/computer. I do have an iphone, but it certainly wouldn't hold many workouts plus I have no cable to hook it to a tv, so that doesn't really help. Can you burn downloads to a DVD or are they protected in some way to prevent that? I do, however, like the idea of using the workout blender for downloads because I often combine workouts (such as tacking one of the short HIIT workouts onto the end of another workout). I feel like I "need" both versions for some workouts, which seems ridiculous!

Any thoughts or experiences?

I got an ipad for Christmas, so I'm loving the downloads. :D I own all of Cathe's workouts on DVD, but with the new technology (ipad and workout blender) I'm purchasing the downloads too.
I would go for the downloads!:cool:

DVDs for me. Just in case the download acts up, you have the DVD for back-up. I will buy DVDs as long as they are available (hey, I still have some VHS Exercise Tapes, LOL).

Right now I prefer the DVDs. DVDs have the premixes which I tend to use when short on time or just to mix it up. I know you can create the premixes in the Workout Blender but that takes time and knowing the chapter sequence for each premix.

I may look into getting downloads as my DVDs wear out but I am still not entirely convinced it is the best route for me. The downloads seem to do better with Apple products and I don't own a single Apple anything. If technology ever improves so non-Apple owners can see chapters, there is a list of premix chapters, and I can find a way to stream the downloads to multiple devices from one storage facility (like a media storage device), I may rethink the DVD thing.

Also, I guess there is just something nice about having the tangible DVD to hold in my hands. :D

I own many DVDs and downloads and prefer downloads hands down. My DVDs don't last and some only play in certain DVD players. Also, it is so convenient to be able to play workouts on multiple forms of media with minimal effort. The WB has also made it easy to design wos across all Cathe's offerings.

Also, Curt posted today in the WB support site that the DVD premixes will be available in a future release of the WB for anyone who purchased the download version at no cost.

I would have said DVDs no contest-until this week. I DLd my first digital workout and used the workout blender and I'm hooked.

If you are put off by the cable to hook your laptop to the tv, check out ebay. I just ordered the AV component cable to plug my iPod into the tv and it was $8.95 including shipping (instead of $39.95 plus shipping directly from Apple). If you have a flat screen you may be able to plug your laptop into the tv and get the better sound and picture quality.

Good luck!

Also, Curt posted today in the WB support site that the DVD premixes will be available in a future release of the WB for anyone who purchased the download version at no cost.

YAY!:D I'll have to check that forum more often.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.