Do you make and keep New Years Resolutions?

Do you make and keep New Years Resolutions?

• Total voters
I make "resolutions" any time during the year that I happen to think of a change in behavior that would help me improve myself. There is absolutely nothing magical about the new year, or Monday or the first of the month.

The only resolution I have for the new year is always to change the date on checks I write, because that one actually makes sense to me.

I voted "yes, but I don't keep" only because this one that I'm trying this year is SOOOOO hard for me. I have to stop buying unnecessary things and get the credit card debt down. If we didn't have the stupid credit card debt we do, we could afford a house twice the size as the one we're in now. Of course, that's just more cleaning for me....

I voted no. I used to make them but never kept them so I gave up. The 2 biggest things that are common New Year's resolutions that I have accomplished in my life, I actually did/started at some other time of the year...lose weight/exercise and quitting smoking.

~Wendy~

We don't stop laughing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop laughing...Put more laughter into your life.

LOL Donna you must be my doppleganger! Every single year I resolve to stop shopping. Every single year I buy more expensive crap I don't need.

This year I'm sticking to it though--I swear I am! Don't need a bigger house, but I'm saving for a summer rental down the shore.......

I make them ONLY in my own head, and they change constantly

Ive learnt more than once that people tend to "jump on you" if yourve made them out loud but dont keep them

Marion

:)

I'm a sucker for new beginnings...always have been. I love to start a new day, a new week, a new month...certainly a new year! I do make resolutions & have varying success but have found if I make them specific & write down a plan there is a better chance I will succeed.

Ruth:)

I always resolve to take a class and learn something new. Last year it was a refresher sewing class. This year, I think it'll be bread making and/or wine tasting.

I'm a goal setter however I don't need it to be New Years to start or stop something - I start new goals all year long.

Jo

I don't exactly make resolutions but it is a good time to reflect on the past year and see where you need to improve in all areas or to make a list of things you would like to change or work on. I usually don't follow through on all of them but If I mark a couple things off the list - I am pretty satisfied because that means some improvement!

Usually I don't make resolutions, but as I get older I find the need more and more. I think I just have the ability now to see things that I want to change with my life. Especially now, with my decline in workout habits, I need to get it together. I can't believe how long it is taking to get these new workouts!! Pretty sad when you think we paid for them back in July! Not really complaining, just an observation.

I love this time of year though at the gym. Actually, everywhere. If you are a fitness buff, this is the only time of year people actually talk ALOT about exercise, fitness, and getting healthy. I love it!!

Nope, can't say that I do. I get ideas all year long and am prone to implementing them at any time.

However, I do have a rather negative tendency to evaluate where I'm at around my birthday. I usually compare myself to others and wind up feeling bad about myself. March can be a very difficult month for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.