do you do one on xmas eve?

ldy_solana

Cathlete
do you let the kiddies open just one present on christmas eve? i have noticed this has been the case,usually at dh's doing LOL. but this year i want viola to open her barbie. we put part of the gifts under the tree from mommy and daddy, while mostly clothes i did put her barbie there. i told her santa would bring the rest ;)

just wondering if anybody else gets just as excited about the kids opening gifts as the kids that you let them get away with just one present before the big man visits!

kassia

When you entitled your post "Do you do one" my mind went through the many possibilities of what "one" meant. Alas, none of them were correct :p

My mom did used to indulge me back in the day and let me open one present. She was good like that.

My family tradition was to open gifts on the 24th at 12 midnight, we would do the count down. It was soooo much fun!!! I come from a big family 6 girls and 6 boys so you could imangine how fun it was. Once I got married it all change, of course my husband had different traditions, now we just let our boys open gifts on the morning of the 25th. I miss the good old days when Christmas was about family and not material things.

LOL beavs,but it did get your attention though :p i am getting more excited for the kid to open presents then the kid LOL.

lulu- my moms wasn't' good like that but my dh was spoiled like that with his grandparents. i think one little present wouldn't hurt its only ONE toy b/c the presents from mommy and daddy are mostly clothes(what is a christmas without it!!!) she will love us for second then santa will be the hero tomorrow morning LOL.

i am actually wanting to give dh a card i found. its the best written card EVER, it could have only been better if i wrote it myself. he has some smaller gifts nothing major but we are getting simple like that these days. grown ups don't need much(except the permission to open of the shock cardio presents LOL). but i get so excited for ppl to open the gifts i got them more then getting anything-although i do like gifts this time of year my gifts is happy faces. :D :D

kassia

We do, but it's not that exciting of a gift. The kids love it because it's become a tradition for us Christmas Eve. I always like everybody to get new pajama set, so when we all wake up we are picture ready. They just like opening something and think this is the best without spoiling the fun the next day. Plus they love new pajamas.

Yes. We normally get presents in the mail from far away relatives and let DS open one. He actually just opened up a Star Wars Lego, and that should keep him out of my hair for a while, which is good, because I have things to do in the kitchen. And then tonight, we go to the in laws for Christmas Eve, where they spoil the heck out of the kiddies. Tomorrow morning we do our gifts and Santa, and tomorrow afternoon is my family. So it starts now, and just keeps going. But it sure is fun. I got DH some big kid footie jammies bc he is always cold, and can't wait to see them on him. That ought to be good for an hour or two of laughs:p

Nan

When you entitled your post "Do you do one" my mind went through the many possibilities of what "one" meant. Alas, none of them were correct :p
Same here. (I didn't associate "doing" with "opening").

When I was a kid, we usually opened some gifts on Christmas eve (the family gifts) and some on Christmas day ('Santa's' gifts). Then one year, my stepmother's family kept us at the dinner table so long that there wasn't time to open gifts and I had to wait til morning for all of them. That was torture!

nan OMG i want some footie jammies!!! i haven yet to see them anywhere although they have them in bigger kids sizes maybe i should see if those fit LOL.

oh yes i remember the 20 visits of relatives days. always had something to open.

kassia

Now that the boys are older we do stockings on Christmas Eve and presents Christmas morning. When I was a kid, we always had Christmas at my grandparents Christmas Eve, so we definitely got presents then.

We let the kids open their "Christmas Jammies" and take pictures of course... the rest is for the morning. So much fun.

We always got to choose one present to open on Christmas Eve when we were little! The most fun was trying to decide which one!

It's just my DH and myself now, so we don't do that! It's on Christmas morning AFTER breakfast and my 2 cups of coffee!

We always got to choose one present to open on Christmas Eve when we were little! The most fun was trying to decide which one!

It's just my DH and myself now, so we don't do that! It's on Christmas morning AFTER breakfast and my 2 cups of coffee!

AFTER breakfast AND coffee?!?!?!:confused::eek: Oh no, no. I'm all "honey, wake UP, Santa came!!!" And he's all ZZZZZZZZZ DS is oddly enough, normally not the 1st one up, that will be me!

Nan

This year we got most of our presents early. I got a paint set,as a family we shared a new Macintosh. My Dad is getting a camera (canon 7D) I'm getting STS Cardio. I got a small stone ware bowl for my Dad. Mom and I shared a Dove chocolate bar (we don't normally eat that way :p ) I wanted to get a new wallet for Mom, but I didn't find anything really nice. I think I will have to spend more at a nicer store. I got a pair of warm undies for workouts and I also got a new blue sweater and a white one. Its been a great Christmas. But, I don't have a tree or any stockings set up. I think my Dad misses that part but he had me working so many hours there was no time for it.:rolleyes:

we just did the barbie now and she was excited!!! it was last years but it doesn't matter to her its holiday barbie. dh let her open another one from us. it was the skirt/legging set. viola's favorite style is capri pants/leggings with skirts. i think she just put herself to bed she has been bugging me all day about santa and wanting to put out the milk and cookies etc LOL.

merry christmas hope you enjoy all your presents :D i might be able to open one of mine in a minute!

kassia

LOL! I have to delay it because once everything is opened it's all downhill for me! I usually get a little depressed because it's such a long anticipation, the decorating, the shopping, the parties, then in the blink of an eye - it's over. :(

That's why I like to kind of drag it out! It could be worse, when I lived in the South, we didn't do anything until after the morning deer hunting trip, then breakfast and coffee! We usually weren't opening presents until noon!!! :eek:

AFTER breakfast AND coffee?!?!?!:confused::eek: Oh no, no. I'm all "honey, wake UP, Santa came!!!" And he's all ZZZZZZZZZ DS is oddly enough, normally not the 1st one up, that will be me!

Nan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.