Do you admire your muscles in the mirror????

I have a cheap back-of-the-door mirror that I picked up at Walmart and that I prop up against my DVD shelves in front of my workout area, so I can watch my form. I work out in my living room, with indirect lighting (a floor lamp in the corner) and that is particularly flattering: just enough shadow to show muscles and disguise cellulite. I have been known to 'strike a pose" and try to get my best shot!

Unfortunately, the more-well-lighted bathroom mirror isn't quite as flattering!

The few that I have, yes, I do admire them cuz I worked hard for them! I can't wait to build more...I am working on it. :)

I don't know if admire is the right word. Unfortunately, I tend to focus on the negative parts of my body. I start by looking at my belly or hind quarters and frown. I'm working on changing the attitude so then I look at my biceps and smile. And I tell myself I love my new body, lumps, bumps and all. I'm looking forward to when I look at the biceps first.

Admire my muscles???? I can't yet because I can't see them.
I look in the mirror and see all the fat I have to lose. I think that is why I give up so easily. I read on time where someone only had mirrors at head shot level because they didn't want to know what they looked like.

Once I get them, I sure will! :)

"I look in the mirror and see all the fat I have to lose."--Yep, me too, but I'm working on it!

Hee hee...yes of course! And if I'm wearing sleeveless shirts at work, I make sure I flex for people. :) I'm an ectomorph, so I don't actually bulk up, but I have nice definition. And my 6 year old is ALWAYS impressed.

Congratulations. Your lats are actually in your back. Those beautiful lines you're seeing on your sides are your obliques. I think they're the first thing to show up when you're getting a strong core and getting rid of the fat that covers it up!

Keep working baby!!!

Talking about flexing people always ask me to so I am happy to;-) give them a thrill.
And my 14 yr old son always tells his friends look at my mom's muscles.Or he will say mom I bet you can outlift so and so.
It is always a blast to go to dick's spoting goods to pick up dumbells -last night was 45lbs (I have adj that is set at 61 but don't want to mess with the set wt)so I was taking ankle wts and putting them around my wrist adding to my 40's to make 43lbs now I have 45 and tickeld to death to have them.But at dick's last night when I was loading my 45's in the buggy you should have seen the looks and passerbys when my buggy was sitting still it was a trip to see reactions of a mom with 45lb db's:* I love to admire my hard work in the mirror and on other peoples faces when they look.they are even more surprised when I tell them no gym at home workouts.

Yes, while wishing I could get them to be bigger than they want to be. Also, during Cathe's "strike a pose" sequence in her step rountine, I do a biceps pose in the shaped of a goal post on each side rather than shooting the gun, which I find makes me feel like I am in the opening sequence of a Bond film. And yesterday someone told me they wished they had my arms and, yes, I cried with joy! ;)
Bobbi http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/cool/cool-smiley-028.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/bobbifreedman

I have no mirrors in my basement where I workout most of the time, but in the gym they have mirrors all over! Today I was doing back and biceps in the gym and yes, I was happy with what I saw ...:)

Yes. In fact my sister and I would preening in front of the mirror just the other night. I don't have a mirror in my workout room (probably a good thing) but I always check the muscles out afterwards.

Absolutely, especially my legs. While I work out with weights, I enjoy seeing the muscles being worked in the mirror. As of late, my calves have finally gotten that 'diamond cut' to them, so they pop out when i stand on my toes, i love that look!

Since I am finally seeing them, I definately do. Actually took a cheesy pic of my bicep and shoulder today. Don't know as if I will share though LOL!
Sometimes I think my arm is to big, but then looking at some of you ladies' poses and seeing how great your arms look, maybe mine isn't so bad afterall!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/157/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.