Do I have enough equipment for STS?

jag2

Hi everyone,

Can I do STS without a squat rack and without a push pull tower? It's going to be a stretch financially just to get the DVD set.

I just had my third baby and am not happy with my figure -- especially my midsection and thighs. I'm hoping STS can help me out -- but I don't want to buy it and find I need to invest hundreds more to make it work.

Thanks for your help!!
Anna

I don't have either and am lifting pretty heavy - though I did buy a ton of equipment, that was a personal choice and not absolutely necessary.

Whether you'd find a squat rack useful really depends on where you are with your strength and what you have on hand already. The squat rack is helpful if you need more weight to challenge your legs than you can safely put on a barbell that you place on your shoulders. I invested in adjustable dumbbells and used those, plus a weight vest, and a barbell, and it was fine until recently. I'll buy a squat rack - but not til we've rearranged the basement so there's a place to put it :)

For pullups, there are many variations shown in STS. The tower wasn't out when I started and so I used the Iron Gym (the contraption that goes over a door) and bought a bench. However, you can use tubing as a substitute for pullups, and your step for a bench.

If you are worried, you could start with buying just Meso 1. Meso 1 uses lighter weights and more reps; the squat rack comes into play on Meso 3. I didn't need the 40lb weight vest until Meso 2.

I know this is probably incorrect, but I too, have no money to buy extra equipment. I use my stability ball as a bench. It is hard doing some of the moves on it but it works. I also don't have a barbell, I use dumbbells throughout. For pullups, I use the tubing. I've had a lot of good results using the equipment that I do and using STS.
You want a good laugh???? For my high step, my husband took a milk crate and put a board on top with some carpet. I have to put it on something to keep it from slipping but it works just as good!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.