Do Cathe's workouts get progressively harder?

Muffin Top

Cathlete
I'm just wondering if the new workouts are going to be too intense for me. I can barely make it through Step Blast. I'm at a little over half of the weight Cathe usually uses. I'm terrified of anything called "Gauntlet" and "Terminator". I'm just wondering if Cathe keeps topping herself with intensity or "hardness" in the workouts. What is your opinion?

BTW. I already preordered...just wondering if I should have an oxygen mask and defibulator handy when I try them out.:+

Hi,

This is a tough question to answer!! I think she always makes a variety of videos that have a variety of intensities. It also depends on how hard you push yourself. Normally if you are a Cathe fan you like going to the point where you feel like you should call 911!! Imagine if you did a Cathe video but used weights that were too light?

Cathe is an awesome instructor and I think she motivates people to push themselves to the limit, to work harder than they ever thought they could. And if you are anything like me I can't stand to see woman significantly older than me out-do me so I push myself to total exhaustion :7 !

I say push yourself x( ! Using the more advanced workouts, choose lighter weights and/or take short recovery periods when necessary. Before long you will find that your fitness level increases exponentially and you will be upping weights and removing the recovery time!

The way Cathe pushes us, it isn't long before we see real results and increased endurance and strength!!:7

Robin

I think the Low Impact Circuit might be okay but I'm not sure about the rest of them. I personally am scared of Drill Max. Body Max 2 also might be a little intense. Have your tried the first Body Max yet? Maybe then you could get some idea about Body Max 2.

Marcy

To me, Cathe's workouts vary -- for example, Low Max is challenging and I love the music, choreography and results, but it is nowhere near the intensity of Step Blast.

I also think the High Step Challenge is easier than Boot Camp or High Step Training.

I find "Cardio and Weights" and "Step Pump and Jump" to be intermediate at best.

So in my humble opinion, her workouts don't so much get progressively difficult as they vary in intensity and variety from one series to the next.

I would not think of holding out for a Cathe series because I found it to be too difficult.

I think we all have certain strengths and weaknesses -- some of the workouts others do with ease absolutely slay me. Then there are workouts everyone thinks are difficult and I think they are intermediate at best.

We are all so different.....but alike in that we continue to know one of the main keys to healthy aging is working out. Oh and we look pretty darned good too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.