Do Cardio Coach or iTrain do any jump rope workouts?

LauraMax

Cathlete
Or can they be used for it? Now that the weather's getting better I want to start jumping rope, it's such a great cardio workout but it bores the daylights out of me. I was hoping to find some way to make it a little more interesting. I checked Cardio Coach's website & didn't see jump ropes mentioned. Any ideas?

RE: Do Cardio Coach or iTrain do any jump rope workouts...

I don't think any of them are specifically set up for rope jumping, but you can easily incorporate it into some of them. I use more Itrain workouts with the rope than CC. I think it's Itread set 13 30 minutes that's an all sprint workout and that one is really easy to include the rope. I do the warmup, recoveries and cool down on the treadmill and instead of sprinting I jump rope. Then when the sprints are over I jump back on the treadmill. I do that with several of the Itrain workouts that have mostly sprints. It's a great way to add jumping rope to my workouts, plus it kicks my butt everytime.:)

Hi LauraMax,

Why don't you check out Jump Snap, I've had it for about one month and it's the cutest thing. It's a ropeless jump rope! I've been using it for Cathe's Bonus Burn for this month's rotation. It comes with two dvds and the workouts are short. It really is a great burn.
Here's the website: http://www.jumpsnap.com I think you may like it!

HTH,
Katrina

Huh, that's pretty cool! I do, however, already own 3 jump ropes. ;-)

Maybe I'll try the iTrain, thanks for the suggestion!

I know that your question was specific to Cardio Coach or iTrain, but Kathy Smith has an older workout called Aerobox, where there are some jump rope drills. It may give you some ideas on some variations for jumping rope. For example, they do ankle crosses and jumping jacks with the jump rope. The workout was released in the last year or two on DVD and is combined with a couple of Kathy's other older kickboxing workouts.

Just a thought.....

Sandra S.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.