DIVEBOMBER push ups!

ok..... i'm sure i'll get flack for asking this... but it IS for SNM or cathe to answer.... since ONLY they can give the real answer...

why didn't anyone in the crew or working on the videos or the editting gang... ANYONE of the many people around for filming and editting... correct cathe and do an edit over/correction on these? they are DIVEBOMBERS... not bombdivers... and it's really distracting when doing an otherwise WONDERFUL workout!

it makes me think of the "people" or "crew" around people like whitney houston that see she is making a booboo (well... i know.. in her case a BIG booboo) but NO ONE says anything and just lets her go on and do it!

i mean... that's why there are so many people involved in projects like this... to avoid the booboos....

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

thanx for the link carol....

ok.... i'm sitting here at my keyboard trying to compose this... cuz it's SO hard to post sometimes... cuz you don't get voice... tone... etc.... i'm not sure if that offers an explanation so much as an "excuse" for a booboo... but i don't think that's coming out right.... i LOVE cathe's workouts... NOONE compares and i do her 99.9% of the time... i LOVE the new workouts.... but there are ocasionally things like this that are.... hmmmmmm pesky.... and when making a video that people are going to be doing over and over and over and over.... the pesky things kind of escalate and after a time become worse than if it were one day in a class.... and sadly that affects (or is it effects?) my wanting or not wanting to do a workout.... another example... not a booboo... but a phrase that has come to really bother me... cuz i LOVE The workout.... in low max.... after about the 3rd time i did low max... when i heard here say "bet you didn't expect those" about the slam its.... i just wanted to scream..... now i've actually avoided the workout at times because of the little isms that are ok once or twice... but not 50 times a year... does any of this make sense? i'm really NOT trying to be harsh.... it's more of a constructive critisism.... perhaps to have more attention to detail on the little ism's in the next batches of workouts.... and to remember that this isn't a class... where we hear the stuff one time.... we cathe freaks really are hearing this stuff on a daily basis... MANY times a year.... many times a week!

seriously...this was NOT intended to be harsh or mean.... i tried REALLY HARD to say it really nicely!!!!! so be gentle when you flame me....

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Maybe Cathe needs to have you there when she edits, so you can be COMPLETELY happy!:p :p

Personally, Cathe's style is what makes her so GREAT!:)

I agree that it's annoying, mainly because it's said several times, and it's easy for me to pick up incorrect usage when it's repeated. I just have to say "Divebomber, divebomber, divebomber" three times every time Cathe says the wrong thing, and hope that it helps counteract it! (just like when other instructors say "mambA" ---poisonous black snake--instead of mambO--the dance move.)

Hi Desertbriez! I actually don't find this to be a big deal at all. I use words interchangeably all the time. I even create them too (ie: firewalkers, ricochets, balancing snow angles, figure 8, power 15). This is just what I do and certainly not meant to offend anyone :)

There you go Kathryn. If that works for you, it works for me :) Heck, who knows, overtime that could even burn more calories :7

RE: Hey Cathe!

>Cathe, I'm glad to see you post this because I thought
>bombdivers was a WAAAAY cute term and a very creative label to
>put on your own unique version of this pushup. I like the
>idea that only our Educated Crowd has bombdivers. Works REAL
>good for me and makes me grin every time!!! :)
>
>
>http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif
>Kathy S. http://planetsmilies.net/sport-smiley-5536.gif

it's not a unique pushup... there really is a divebomber pushup... they are in p90x! :)

-------------

RE: Hey Cathe!

Personally, I find the little comments in each workout comforting. I even look forward to repeating them with the instructor. "Bet you didn't see that comin'!" My answer. "Oh yes I did and you are killin' me!" My favorite is, "What was I thinking?" My answer, "What were you thinking?". Little quirks mean big personality. Keep them coming. As for the "incorrect" terms usage..I guess it just keeps us thinking and the mind sharp.
Cathe, thanks for your individuality and cute humor. They are sorely needed when I am begging you to stop.

Cheryl

I actually like the term bombdiver better. I think of myself as a bomb-diver "diving" under a fence searching for bombs. To each their own I guess.

Maria

>Hi Desertbriez! I actually don't find this to be a big deal
>at all. I use words interchangeably all the time. I even
>create them too (ie: firewalkers, ricochets, balancing snow
>angles, figure 8, power 15). This is just what I do and
>certainly not meant to offend anyone :)

It's NOT a big deal. Thanks for being you Cathe.
Angela:7

I'm wondering if it would bother people less if Cathe would have come up with a completely unique name for them. Does it bother you more because you think of it as a mistake instead of just an alternate name?

I kind of like the ice cream lickers name. I'm going to think of them that way the next time I do them to help me get all the the through them.

Tracee

I thought the same thing as Maria. I'd rather dive for a bomb than bomb for a dive.

Actually, this issue reminded me of a thread a few years ago; a poster on the Video Discussion had a meltdown when Cathe said "These guys NEVER DO EXTRA!" in Circuit Max. Felt Cathe was being discouraging. RUINED THE WHOLE D@MN WORKOUT FOR HER EACH AND EVERY TIME.

whatever

A-Jock

Oh WOW this thread is cracking me up! Cathe, please call them anything you want. I, for one, am so happy to see them included in the workout!!:) I also happen to be a member of the "I make up words to suit my needs" club.}( Therefore, I can appreciate your "creativity" and I certainly see no need need to correct a "mistake".

Keep the good stuff coming!:)

My goodness, you're such a kind and patient person. :)

Oh, and I just sit and watch the "Bomb Divers" with admiration - I can't do them just yet. :+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.