Diet Recommendations

HarleysMom

Cathlete
I would like everybody's opinion - because I'm in need of some major food/eating information!:eek:

I guess it's the same ole same ole - protein vs. carbs,..... kind of like, cardio vs. weight training.;)

I really want to get healthy, lose a few pounds and eat right in the process. That being said I hear so much about needing protein especially while weight training, but I'm starting to read alot about the green smoothies!!!!! Would one of these be good for a snack or as a breakfast? They can't have "too" many calories can they?

I do really well on 5 small meals a day - I'm just afraid I may incorporate to many carbs!!!! (I don't know, is that a bad thing)

I thought if I could enough info from you guys, I could work it all into meal plans for me!:D

Thanks for your help!

Hi Tina! I always have a protein powder shake after my workout, I've been adding in the Greens First product to my vanilla and chocolate protein powder to get more of the antioxidants and it is low in calories , only 45 per serving.

If eating 5 smaller meals a day works for you, go for it. Just keep your serving sizes under control, fibrous and complex carbs are great for you and you need them for energy. A sering size is about the size of your fist or 1 cup, 1 slice, etc...I would stick to 5 meals a day, making sure to include 3-4 ounces of protein, 1 serving of carbs and 1 serving of a good fat.

Now if I could take my own advice right?;)

I'm a fan of the green smoothies. :)

Here's a recipe that I enjoy if anyone's interested-- it makes one huge smoothie (248 cal), or have half & freeze the extra for later.

1/2 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup plain, low-fat or fat-free yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Combine all ingredients in a blender & enjoy! Sometimes I add extra ice so it gets thick like a shake.

I tend to eat more grains (carbs) because I'm an endurance athlete, but I think protein's really important too.

:D :D :D I think as long as you stay focused on whole foods you really can't go wrong! Good luck! :D :D :D

Great recipes folks. Thank!

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.