diet & "leaning out"

1fitgrl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Is it true that to "lean out" you have to cut out starches, even if they're the good kind like brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread? How much do you cut your starches/carbs when you're leaning out for your workout dvd's like kick max? Do you only eat them in the morning & then only protein & veggies the rest of the day? I would really appreciate your input about this.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Cathe,

Is it true that to "lean out" you have to cut out starches, even if they're the good kind like brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread? How much do you cut your starches/carbs when you're leaning out for your workout dvd's like kick max? Do you only eat them in the morning & then only protein & veggies the rest of the day? I would really appreciate your input about this.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Amanda! You may be very surprised to know that I am not a critically strict dieter. I certainly make wise food choices but I don't really get into the overly technical stuff about only be able to eat this at this time of day or after a workout that was done for a duration of such and such. Not to say there is anything wrong with that if that works for you, I'm just saying I don't get that technical.

I don't cut out 100% of anything in my diet unless I absolutely dislike it. Yes, cutting back on starchy foods will help show more definition but you can still have great definition with brown rice and sweet potatoes in your diet. You just need to keep your portions small.

I still include sweet potatoes, brown rice, even white rice, in my diet everyday....filming or not.

Take care!

Cathe,

I sincerely appreciate your response. Thank you so much! I love getting your input on diet questions. I wish you would come out w/ a book!

Amanda

That is so great to hear! I read something earlier this week about only eating one serving of starchy carbs every four days, and so it's wonderful to hear that Cathe can look that amazing, and still eat carbs every day! :)

I'm glad to read this. Maybe I won't feel as guilty over my love of whole wheat pasta. :D
I just read, too, that foods like whole wheat pastas can actually help you loose weight b/c when we eat them, something is released in our bodies that make us feel fuller longer, plus they have lots of fiber so that helps too.:p

I second the refreshing post. Thanks Cathe!

I get so worried about what to eat or not eat and my head starts spinning. :confused: I feel much better now.

Marcia ;)

What a refreshing response Cathe! Simple, common sense stuff. I'm guilty of over analizing what/when how much to eat (visit too many forums, read too many books) I drive myself crazy thinking about it and I think THIS is why I struggle so much with losing weight.

I've always wondered if Cathe and crew follow a "cutting" diet before filming.....how about the rest of the crew?

Hi Amanda! You may be very surprised to know that I am not a critically strict dieter. I certainly make wise food choices but I don't really get into the overly technical stuff about only be able to eat this at this time of day or after a workout that was done for a duration of such and such. Not to say there is anything wrong with that if that works for you, I'm just saying I don't get that technical.

I don't cut out 100% of anything in my diet unless I absolutely dislike it. Yes, cutting back on starchy foods will help show more definition but you can still have great definition with brown rice and sweet potatoes in your diet. You just need to keep your portions small.

I still include sweet potatoes, brown rice, even white rice, in my diet everyday....filming or not.

Take care!

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I would love to see more of what Cathe's (and the other ladies as well) nutrition plan looks like. Workouts are easy for me (meaning I don't struggle to get up and do it every day) but I struggle with nutrition daily and my goals seem to elude me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.