Did horizontal conditioning Vol. 2 and had to laugh...

gettingfitmom

Cathlete
because it was hard! and I could only do about 80% of it. But I loved the challange! Just when you think you are in decent shape...

I'm right there with you...but I don't have too many illusions about my strength. I do a LOT of laughing during workouts.

I've been doing the Getting Started during the month of March and, even though I haven't exactly mastered those, I'm adding Volume 1 for April.

I'll just tuck it in a couple of times a week - I'm still working my way through the XTrain / LIS 90 day rotation.

And a hat's off and huge thanks to whoever said they just add workouts in to a rotation if they feel like it and just do the "next" one the next day. I've come a long way in not over-thinking but this was a really liberating idea. To add rather than substitute.

These workouts are very different indeed... :eek:

I haven't done any of the Volumes yet. I've been trying to complete Get Rolling. It's sooo tough. Quite a jump in difficulty from Getting Stronger for me anyway :( My weakest areas are abs and pushups so these are killer moves for me. If the volumes are more difficult I can see lots of breaks and laughter or crying....maybe both :eek:

I'm right there with you...but I don't have too many illusions about my strength. I do a LOT of laughing during workouts.

I've been doing the Getting Started during the month of March and, even though I haven't exactly mastered those, I'm adding Volume 1 for April.

I'll just tuck it in a couple of times a week - I'm still working my way through the XTrain / LIS 90 day rotation.

And a hat's off and huge thanks to whoever said they just add workouts in to a rotation if they feel like it and just do the "next" one the next day. I've come a long way in not over-thinking but this was a really liberating idea. To add rather than substitute.

These workouts are very different indeed... :eek:

I'm going to start the XTrain/LIS rotation soon. Where did you incorporate HC? I just purchased these and have been trying to figure out how to get everything in! Thanks!

I did this exact workout today :) I did not attempt any of the leg moves because I did GS Legs yesterday :eek: I love these workouts and I get better at them each time I do them!!

I am going to put it my weekly workouts 1 day a week until I do it 100%. I did the elbow plank to hands on the step doing the easy version, hands only. I felt it pull on my lower back to do elbow to hands... Must master this before I purchase another volume!

I can *almost* do all of each section. I do use my own version of modifications. I often start out doing the hard version for the first set and then modify the second set. I will feel very accomplished when I can master all reps whether modified or not!!

I do have all 4 volumes and I just recently purchased all the 101 and Hardcore DVDs...yes I'm a HC junkie :eek: HC is my workout of choice for core and it's nice to have the shorter ones as add ons for cardio days. I do Cathe's core work when I don't want to do any core that involves UB. I don't like to put HC next to UB lifting days.

I don't feel the need to master one before moving on to the next. Each of them are different and work the core in different ways. They all help you get stronger.

I can *almost* do all of each section. I do use my own version of modifications. I often start out doing the hard version for the first set and then modify the second set. I will feel very accomplished when I can master all reps whether modified or not!!

I do have all 4 volumes and I just recently purchased all the 101 and Hardcore DVDs...yes I'm a HC junkie :eek: HC is my workout of choice for core and it's nice to have the shorter ones as add ons for cardio days. I do Cathe's core work when I don't want to do any core that involves UB. I don't like to put HC next to UB lifting days.

I don't feel the need to master one before moving on to the next. Each of them are different and work the core in different ways. They all help you get stronger.

Ahhh! A kindred spirit! :eek: A Cathe addict and an HC junkie! lol ;) HC is definitely my workout of choice for core, too. I just did Volume 4 yesterday. It is such a surreal feeling of empowerment and pride when you get to that point where you can do all of the workout without modifications! :D It took me, I think, about 3 months of doing them consistently 2-3 times a week before I got to that point. I could never do push ups on my toes before HC, even after STS, and now I can rock out 20 in a row! :eek:

I definitely agree with atompkin1 that it's not necessary to conquer just one workout before moving on. They all work you in slightly different ways and I think it helps to build the core strength better by doing several different ones on different days. I believe that helped me build my core strength more quickly than if I had just stayed with one for awhile. Good luck either way! :)

I am loving HC!! I purchased Vol 1-4 and Bootcamp. They are some of the hardest workouts that I have done.

Do any of you subscribe and receive monthly workouts from Sandra?

Last edited:
I definitely agree with atompkin1 that it's not necessary to conquer just one workout before moving on. They all work you in slightly different ways and I think it helps to build the core strength better by doing several different ones on different days. I believe that helped me build my core strength more quickly than if I had just stayed with one for awhile. Good luck either way! :)

That's really good to know. I have Vols 1-3, July Hardcore, and Bootcamp and I was thinking that I had to master Vol 1 before moving on to the next ones. It will be more interesting and challenging to work them into my rotations all at once.

I'm going to start the XTrain/LIS rotation soon. Where did you incorporate HC? I just purchased these and have been trying to figure out how to get everything in! Thanks!

I just got HC when I was a few weeks into the rotation. What I did with the Getting Started workouts was just tack them onto the end of a cardio.

With the Volumes (and I like the idea of using them all - thanks for that), I'll just add it in twice a week. So, instead of doing whatever workout is next on the list I'll do a Volume and then the next workout the following day.

Sure it'll take longer than 90 days to do the 90 day rotation...but that's ok. The way my life is I have to take unplanned rest days and sometimes I'm fresh out of time and/or mojo so I'll do a premix of the scheduled workout....I'll probably still add a Getting Started once a week as well.

Feeling the rib cage DOMS today...whew!

I am loving HC!! I purchased Vol 1-4 and Bootcamp. They are some of the hardest workouts that I have done.

Do any of you subscribe and receive monthly workouts from Sandra?

You know, I'm not in the monthly club yet but I'm starting to think I just need to do it already. I am starting to get impatient waiting for the year 2 dvds to be available on the site and now she's doing year 3 ones...I feel like I'm missing out! :eek: I may just cave soon here! Sandra is like Cathe for me (and now Travis Eliot when it comes to yoga)...I'm pretty much gonna get everything she makes anyway. :p Might as well not torture myself by holding off! LOL

Hi guys. I'm a member of her monthly club and love it. Just so you know, you can get year 2 even though its not on her website yet. Year 2 is every other month (even months) beginning with February (April, June,August, October, December). To get these, go about the ordering process as you would the year one DVDs (choose one of the months I listed for year 2). Then in the special instruction section on the check out page, state that you want this order to be from year 2. Then shoot Sandra a quick email letting her know I want year 2 for the order that was placed (this just ensures you get year 2 and not 1). I love year 2 even more then 1. I just tried the first workout of year 3 and it was so hard! SE keeps coming up with fun new moves. She only has one year 3 workout out now. For year 3 she is doing the odd months (January, march, may, July, September, November). I've been doing HC for almost a year. They never get easy but I love the challenge. These have made my arms so lean and toned like nothing else! Stick with them!

Hi guys. I'm a member of her monthly club and love it. Just so you know, you can get year 2 even though its not on her website yet. Year 2 is every other month (even months) beginning with February (April, June,August, October, December). To get these, go about the ordering process as you would the year one DVDs (choose one of the months I listed for year 2). Then in the special instruction section on the check out page, state that you want this order to be from year 2. Then shoot Sandra a quick email letting her know I want year 2 for the order that was placed (this just ensures you get year 2 and not 1). I love year 2 even more then 1. I just tried the first workout of year 3 and it was so hard! SE keeps coming up with fun new moves. She only has one year 3 workout out now. For year 3 she is doing the odd months (January, march, may, July, September, November). I've been doing HC for almost a year. They never get easy but I love the challenge. These have made my arms so lean and toned like nothing else! Stick with them!

Thanks so much for the information. I am going over there now!

I love HC too. I've been doing volumes 2 and 3 for 9 months or so. Would still like to purchase 1 and 4. Usually doing one volume 2x/week for a month then switch to the other. I'm on volume 3 right now and that thing is so hard. Every time we get to the oblique stuff at the end I literally collapse to the floor about half way through and just lie there panting :) Not sure if it's my arms or my core that are giving out first!!

I wanted to post this which is a list of the equipment for the 101's and hardcores from year 2 so you know what to expect.

Feb - bar/mat 101- gliders/mat
April bar/step/mat 101- ball/mat
June step, weights, gliders, mat 101- step/mat
August - step, ball, bar, mat 101- mat only (boot camp)
October- mat/gliders 101- mat gliders
December - Strength and Length, 101- weights, mat

Just an FYI, December Hardcore is listed on her website for purchase.

I have been doing HC for about a year, like Karie. I joined the monthly DVD club right away. The first year Harcore and 101s are one a month, then year 2 is every other month. Sandra also has Year 3 which I got in February. She was going to do them the opposite months of Year 2, but she decided to stay with the same months. It had to do with changing things up on her computer for the graphics. It's so nice that she lists the equipment needed right on each individual DVD.

No matter how much I do HC, it's still very challenging. As Karie has said, Sandra keeps coming up with new moves with each DVD. I think HC is not only fantastic for my whole core, but also my arms, glutes and legs. Sandra does do a few exercises in a couple of the DVDs for the back, but not enough. Other than that, these are awesome overall workouts.

Cheryl

I went and viewed some clips and it just looks like pure torture to me. No fun whatsoever, which means it would have a major dread factor for me. And why the heck do they wear hats! That would drive me bonkers. I sweat so much, my head would be itching like crazy! I shouldn't knock before I try it...I know, I know!

I wouldn't call HC fun, but it's challenging. I love challenging workouts. I like to challenge myself, that's where HC comes in. There are people out there that do get a dread factor with it, though. Most people like to do "fun" workouts. I like to do "fun" workouts, too, but I also like the more challenging ones. I don't know why they wear hats, either I couldn't wear a hat either. It would really bug me.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.