Feel better soon. I have been down and out also. My right knee has not been up to exercise after the first week back to it. As soon as Winter breaks here I will start walking to build up to exercising. Today is the first day of Spring, we will be getting 2-5 of snow, LOL!
Me too, walking is a great way to restart an exercise program. I am still congested and tired. I can't wait to feel better. It's the first day of spring, and it's gray outside. Bleh.

I have conquered my mountain of laundry and I even vacuumed my room. Now, all I have to do before I get started is pick out the first workout.

I had a crumby couple of days, pain in my pelvis, had to got to the doctor, and I had acupuncture yesterday. That did help some. Its not perfect yet, but I have another acupuncture appointment on Thursday with an even better practitioner.

I will be doing some PT exercises today and a short workout.

Hi! I'm looking for a Forum group to join to help with my motivation and accountability. I have fibromyalgia (dx'd 5 years ago) and degenerative disc disease (dx'd about 6 years ago) and Hashimoto's (an autoimmune thyroid disorder) - yep, I'm just a mess! :)

But I'm trying to get better, trying to be more proactive about my health, and Cathe has been a huge inspiration to me. Is this a "closed" group, or do you guys mind if I hang out here?

Hi! I'm looking for a Forum group to join to help with my motivation and accountability. I have fibromyalgia (dx'd 5 years ago) and degenerative disc disease (dx'd about 6 years ago) and Hashimoto's (an autoimmune thyroid disorder) - yep, I'm just a mess! :)

But I'm trying to get better, trying to be more proactive about my health, and Cathe has been a huge inspiration to me. Is this a "closed" group, or do you guys mind if I hang out here?
I'd be happy for you to hang out here. The others haven't posted in a while. Please feel free to bring friends too!

Thanks!

I was planning on a workout today but it's 80+ degrees, our air conditioner's broken (landlord will get to it tomorrow...great), and I feel gross - not sure how much of that is heat and how much of that is...well...just feeling gross :) Guess I'll know when the A/C is fixed! Hope it's early. Supposed to POUR rain after about noon, so we'd have to shut the windows.

SUPER happy that I finally ordered the Fit Tower, after waiting like 2 years (and even trying to build my own out of PVC pipe, which didn't go well at all). Tried the beginner workout for the first time on Thursday. When I previewed it, I thought, wow, compared to other Cathe workouts, this one's a piece of cake! And then when I did it, there were parts of the leg exercises I couldn't keep up with...sigh.

BUT even though I had to take a couple of quick one-to-two-rep breathers along the way, I finished it, and I didn't modify anything - probably the first Cathe video other than stretching ones where I did EXACTLY what she was doing all the way through. I've always been a very all-or-nothing type of exerciser, and so I tend to want to jump into things before I'm ready, so I'm trying to be patient and force myself to work up through the beginner process, really create a foundation I can build on even though I want it all now now now LOL

I finally had time to work out again on Thursday, the Fit Tower Beginner workout. Felt pretty good after, hardly sore at all on Friday.

Did 25 minutes on the incline treadmill and 15 minutes of stretching yesterday. Legs a bit sore today but not too bad. Didn't get nearly the amount of stuff done this weekend that I wanted to - I didn't iron, for instance, and the ironing rack is starting to sag in the middle because it's so loaded up - but I did get laundry done so that I'm more or less caught up (as long as I'm doing a load a day I'm good).

Its finally getting warm in our neck of the woods, too. Last week started in the 50s and now its in the low 80s. I have to reinstall my little air conditioner. I actually sweat, just sitting around, yesterday!

I have to do the laundry, roast a chicken, and do some foam rolling and PT exercises.

I have an acupuncture appointment later this week. My brother and I are working on putting up some shelves in my bedroom. I don't feel great today. My pelvis feels good though, so thats something.

I have an acupuncture appointment later this week. My brother and I are working on putting up some shelves in my bedroom. I don't feel great today. My pelvis feels good though, so thats something.

Never fail to appreciate "not a bad day"!

Have you found the acupuncture helpful?

Have been consistently doing the beginner FitTower workout 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks. Can finally do it without missing a rep / taking a break. It's funny - there are some exercises (like the entire abs section, or the "working up to push-ups" section) where I'm already trying to make the exercises harder, and others (standing posture pulls, side leg raises) where it's all I can do to keep up. And with the side leg raises, it's never the working leg that hurts - it's always the standing leg that threatens to collapse! But I'm making progress. I think that by Memorial Day weekend or so I'll be ready to move on to the Intermediate DVD. Yay!

I've also taken to substituting a stretch from Cathe's "Stretching" or "Stretch Max" DVDs instead of doing the very short stretch at the end of the Beginner video, which never feels like quite enough.

Had to switch up my workout schedule this week because of a doctor's appointment so I keep feeling like it's the wrong day :)

Parents coming into town today & staying the night. I think I can deal with 24 hours of them.

Decided that since I was already trying to make the exercises from the Beginner FT disc harder, I'd try the Intermediate FT disc. More challenging in some ways, but easier in others. I've done the Intermediate routine three times now (today will be four).

Didn't sleep well last night, which means more pain and less motivation for today. :(

Decided that since I was already trying to make the exercises from the Beginner FT disc harder, I'd try the Intermediate FT disc. More challenging in some ways, but easier in others. I've done the Intermediate routine three times now (today will be four).

Didn't sleep well last night, which means more pain and less motivation for today. :(
I hate not sleeping well. The other day I was thinking about just that, I chose not to have babies of my own because I like to sleep through the night. Its true. Most folks have other reasons, mine is just that one.

As for my workouts: I am pleased to report that the box in my room is now gone. I only have laundry between me and a clear floor, and that should be taken care of tonight. I expect to be back at workouts, physical therapy exercises, and yoga by Thursday. I have to work all day tomorrow.

I find your reasoning for not having children to be utterly and completely valid (and good on you). I have two - children, that is. My "baby" (who is 6'3" and 185 pounds) turns 18 on Saturday (!) so most of my nights of little sleep (due to them, at least) are behind me. There's still painsomnia some nights, but it's a lot better than it used to be.

Yay for no box and for the future joys that await! Well, not work. I'm a teacher, so I'm counting down at this point. I do a ton of work over the summer (and get no paycheck), but at least I mostly don't have to leave my house.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.