Hi diamond ladies, I’m another one who struggles to find energy for advanced (and intermediate) intensity workouts.
I did Ellen Barrett’s Grace and Gusto today . In the morning I did the dance routine from Jessica Smith’s Walk Strong series.
We are all doing a great job , trying to do something while being tired or unwell. This is not a small thing
Take care

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I had ten days of training and I was out of town with no real internet service.

I did do my breathing exercises. I also did a lot of walking. I am sore from that. I don't have a rotation set for this week. We are still unpacking from our trip.

I'm so happy to see everyone in this new check in.

Hi girls , today I did Ilaria Montagnani’s BodyStrikes 1. I just reacquired this DVD after misplacing it in a relocation before.
I loved it as much as I used to before.
I couldn’t complete all reps , but then again this is the most advanced workout I’ve done in month(s) . Now I’m waiting my legs to become as muscular as Ilaria’s ;)
Hugs

Great job Svetlana!

This week, I plan to do my PT exercises and foam rolling. I have some corporate training all week. I might even do some cardio with one of the 10 min. solution discs.

This week is going to be a bit easier. I had so much training last week that I was just so tired after my commute home.

I plan to do my PT exercises, aim for two full body routines and one just cardio day (probably in the 20 minute range). I will need some yoga and foam rolling too. I just had acupuncture yesterday, so I will just do chores today. The mountain of laundry is huge.

I scaled Mt. Saint Laundry today, but somehow it erupted again. When I wasn't looking clean blankets showed up. Its really nice when my family gets to the laundry. I just have to put it away again before I can workout tomorrow.

The plan is a short warm up 15 minutes of cardio followed by 20 minutes PT exercises and 15 minutes foam rolling.

Hi everybody!

I have been feeling rather poorly for about 3 days now. Nasty tummy bug. But, the sun is shining. I vacuumed my workout room. I have only a little bit of laundry to put away. But, all in all, I should be back at my workouts tomorrow. Yippee!

We are going shopping for chairs at Macy's today. I am looking forward to tomorrow's workout: 10 min of cardio, PT exercises, and 17 minutes of foam rolling.

I apologize for disappearing from the check in. The hip stuff pain went off the charts and then between work/pain/no workouts/Dr.'s appt's again being sent to get L4/L5 injections and I just didn't trust the diagnosis. It's my hip (locked up/click/soft tissue swelling) I found another highly recommended PT who doesn't think it's low back facet issues. I had the low back stuff with blown disks for 22 years. Anyway. I have to scale WAY back on my workouts. No jumping/high impact - relearn to use my hips/glutes/core, etc. Gave notice at my heavy labor part time job. I will check back in a few weeks. I'm also an actor and I have a show opening in a week and I'm pedal to the metal time wise with 2x week PT and rehearsals. The old Dr.s would give me the specialty PT with body retraining until I had the injections in my spine! That didn't seem right to me. Ah, well. I will see what I can do but my cardio/strength and flexibility is shot!!!! It really is starting all over again. It hurts to walk, sit, stand and forget climbing stairs! This has been going on with the Dr's that I had to take when we lost BCBS here in Minnesota in the individual market. I didn't do the injections 2 and a half years ago and got it all in remission with slow modifications and a fab massage therapist but this past fall with heavy manual labor the pain came back big time. Take care of yourselves and I'm looking forward to reading all of your journeys. Off to run my lines!

Hi All, Here is the group I've been looking for. I needed to get back to my exercising to feel better. I lost 40 pounds in 2015, In 2016 after my daughters wedding, which I was in so much pain I could't enjoy myself. I seen a chiropractor for pain in my hip, I heard something pop when he was adjusting me, my legs felt numb and butt starting hurting really badly while standing for a few minutes. A lot of shots, Dr appointments and a MRI and was told that I need a spinal fusion L4-L5. Spondylolisthesis, lumbar disk slippage . I have been smoking cigarettes since I was a teenager. Ortho told me he won't touch me until I stopped, bones don't heel well with nicotine in your body. Sept 30, 2017 was my last one, the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, they where like losing my best friend. Surgery Nov 6, 2017. I took three days of pain medicine and discontinued them not wanting to deal with another addition.

Here I am today, Doctor said I am fused and can start a program. He offered PT, I told him I can do this myself at home, I cannot lift anything over 20pds for three more months. Today I can walk W/O pain in the back of my legs and butt feeling like Charlie horses that went to sleep when I would be just standing, bending over still hurts my back. I have gained 20+pds in a year and half, I am still kicking myself.

Okay, where do I start? I need to get rid of the extra weight. I love working out with Cathe and Crew six days a week. I am not up to that yet and can't wait to get there. I want my energy back. I don't want to overdue it. My back still hurts from surgery, if I overdue it. Ortho said that I needed to get things stretched out and ab work. I tried to do a sit up, I cannot do one yet, I am more scared. Wish me luck!

I apologize for disappearing from the check in. The hip stuff pain went off the charts and then between work/pain/no workouts/Dr.'s appt's again being sent to get L4/L5 injections and I just didn't trust the diagnosis. It's my hip (locked up/click/soft tissue swelling) I found another highly recommended PT who doesn't think it's low back facet issues. I had the low back stuff with blown disks for 22 years. Anyway. I have to scale WAY back on my workouts. No jumping/high impact - relearn to use my hips/glutes/core, etc. Gave notice at my heavy labor part time job. I will check back in a few weeks. I'm also an actor and I have a show opening in a week and I'm pedal to the metal time wise with 2x week PT and rehearsals. The old Dr.s would give me the specialty PT with body retraining until I had the injections in my spine! That didn't seem right to me. Ah, well. I will see what I can do but my cardio/strength and flexibility is shot!!!! It really is starting all over again. It hurts to walk, sit, stand and forget climbing stairs! This has been going on with the Dr's that I had to take when we lost BCBS here in Minnesota in the individual market. I didn't do the injections 2 and a half years ago and got it all in remission with slow modifications and a fab massage therapist but this past fall with heavy manual labor the pain came back big time. Take care of yourselves and I'm looking forward to reading all of your journeys. Off to run my lines!

Don't worry about the disappearing, its totally ok!

Yeah, I'm on low impact because of my pelvis too. I'm so sorry that you have to change your job. It sounds like heavy labor is just not your friend. I'm the same way, my PT restricts me to lifting no more than 10 pounds. I hope that you get a great PT to help you recover and heal.

I had PTNS (per cutaneous tibial nerve stimulation) this morning, so I'm worn out. My nurse inserts a long acupuncture needle, one in each leg, to stimulate my nerve with a tens machine set on a very low setting. The effect is numbing and tightening to the pelvis. It has improved my muscle tone in my bladder area and relieved pain. I go once a week.

I bought some spice racks for my supplements and I plan to get them installed soon. I also have some hooks for my handbags, to get them off the floor and to improve my clear floor space for my workouts.

I finally did some sit-ups and can twist my lumbar more without being in a lot of pain. I worked out three days this week and I am feeling pretty good about that. Next week I will work four days and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Checking in. I've had two sessions with ... scary but seems to be helping ... Dry Needling with my PT. Glutes and Adductor. My PT exercises are very minimal right now. Modified cobra, marching while holding my core on the floor, dropping my left leg out while on the floor and hanging my leg while standing on a riser. At least my Cathe mini step riser is getting used for something! I'm working in a show right now and being on my feet is tough but I'll bet back to working out soon. I wish I had the $ to get a stationary bike. Perhaps next year. My cardio is shot and I've lost muscle mass. Yikes!

I was a success with the laundry. And then, everybody got the flu. Its not pretty around here.

I'm sorry you have to deal with the flu. We went through that in January and it felt like it stuck around forever. I hope you all feel better soon!

I have just been running and walking so I haven't been reporting my workouts. I really wanted to get back into weight lifting since I know that helps my body. I just find it is so much more relaxing to run and listen to music. I need to push myself out of that comfort zone!

PT & Dry Needling today.
I started the 90 day Fit Tower/Ice/Low Impact 90 day rotation 3 days ago just to give me a schedule to follow along with my PT exercises knowing I'll have to make major modifications.
I did Low Impact Challenge with just the topper, no risers, and instead of repeaters I did side to side stepping on the floor and kept all movements no impact. Boy, was I tired when I finished. Yesterday was ICE Upper Body and I used 3# & 5# weights only, and modified any extended legs with the floor work to keep my low abs engaged and hips stable. Today was 45 min of PT, Dry Needling and a matinee show. I was on my feet for 3 hours and I could tell coming home today that my leg was tired. No workout for me today.
I used a heating pad will do my low back/rt hip PT exercises after I finish this post. It's going to be a slow journey but what the heck ...
TCB309, I wish I could run and walk but we all have our personal challenges. I like your phrase "pushing outside the comfort zone".
Rapid Breath, Laundry and the Flu! It sounds like Acupuncture was just what you needed to keep your "chi" flowing!
I'll be back later in the week.
Cocob1

Feel better soon. I have been down and out also. My right knee has not been up to exercise after the first week back to it. As soon as Winter breaks here I will start walking to build up to exercising. Today is the first day of Spring, we will be getting 2-5 of snow, LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.