deinise austins bootcamp;

laura35

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone has bought this? I see it is new in the store and I was considering buying it but dont want to waste my money if it isnt any good. I also want to buy one of the ripped workouts. does anyone have any advice on which one of those is the best one? I have read many posts about ripped to the core!thanks

Laura...Denise's voice drives me nuts so I doubt I could ever get a workout of hers. I do have Jari's RTTC and Slim & Lean and they are good workouts....:)

I did buy the dvd for those days looking for a light workout. Now I wished I hadn't. It is so slow and her breaks between exercises seem long to me.

It just stuck me funny thinking of Denise Austin's voice leading us through a boot camp workout! Bless her heart, I know she helps a lot of people, but she grates on me like baklava that's WAY too sweet!

Denise Austin??? is it Bootcamp or Guantanamo Bay Prisoncamp??? Don't waste your money on that Noodlehead!

I am in complete agreement about Denise Austin's voice!!! I would rather take needles to my eardrums (did like the cheese grater to my knees comment!!)!!!

I have both Jari Love's RTTC and Slim and Lean and really like them. I just finished a rotation using RTTC on Fridays and S&L on Sundays and got great results. Today was my first Cathe weight workout since JL (PUB) and I was able to match Cathe on all the exercises except the chest flys/presses and I was never even close to that the last time I did the workout (last September!!!).

I had to crack up at all the comments about Denise Austin. I fully agree! Now if they put her face on a punching bag, that might be something I'd invest in. :)

Cathy :)

Really. What IS it with her voice? It's both monotone and too cheery at the same time. A while ago I taped a couple of episodes of her workout show on TV, thinking they'd be just nice quick workouts to do in a pinch. Oh My God!!!! I couldn't stand it. Plus, her workouts just plain sucked!!!

As someone else said, and we in the South have been taught to say if you want to insult someone but still be polite about it, "Bless her heart."

I have to say she looks fabulous for a mom about to turn 50, but agree that she grates on my nerves. I've done some of her other workouts and they were easy, even when I was totally out of shape.:eek: I can't imagine her bootcamp being much different.

Before you consider it, look at the preview on www.collagevideo.com .

I tried DA years ago, and couldn't stand her voice, her cutsey "burn that butter" sayings over and over. Some of her more recent workouts have sounded interesting, like this one, but once I heard her whispery voice on the Boot Camp preview, I put aside any thoughts of trying it!

That's funny how we are all different. I can handle Denise's voice. I don't mind her actually. I think it's great what she's done for lots of women that would have never exercised without her cheering them on.

However, I cannot stand Jari Love's voice and her comments when doing any of her workouts. I have to turn them down and put my stereo on and just follow the TV. I can't stand her "breathy" voice and how she's always saying "super", etc. Also, she constantly says....your doing so good. I'm so proud of you and so on and so forth. The strange thing is that I'm not usually too picky (I can handle Denise Austin for goodness sakes) but for some reason Jari really gets under my skin.

How about the 10 Minute Solution Bootcamp with Keli Roberts?? I bought mine for $9.95 at Meijer here in MI. The only one I like better is KPC.
Denise Austin, I have a hard time with her voice too and I can't comment on Jari Love's voice. But, for Jari, is she a true blonde?

>However, I cannot stand Jari Love's voice and her comments
>when doing any of her workouts. I have to turn them down and
>put my stereo on and just follow the TV. I can't stand her
>"breathy" voice and how she's always saying "super", etc.
>Also, she constantly says....your doing so good. I'm so proud
>of you and so on and so forth. The strange thing is that I'm
>not usually too picky (I can handle Denise Austin for goodness
>sakes) but for some reason Jari really gets under my skin.

Funny. I can tolerate Jari (I just tune out the 'carb burn' talk.) But what you said about why you can't stand her is why I can't stand Denise Austin! The breathy voice. The somewhat condescending 'motivational talk.'
>
>

Kathryn - I hear ya....but when Denise says it -- for some reason, I picture her speaking to all of the "other" women in the World that are just putting the tape in and have never worked out before and need to hear Denise.......I guess I'm weird......cuz when Jari says...I'm so proud of you........etc. -- I picture all of the Catheites and other harder core fitness people that are in great shape and used to Cathe's intensity.....and a little voice in the back of my head says "they don't need to hear that.....we pump iron with Cathe"...or something like that and I feel it's condensending.

I haven't listened to Denise for a long time, but for some reason I used to find her amusing......the same way I find Mindy amusing. Only ...Mindy doesn't give you that "you can do it talk".....she just comes right at you with it....ready or not. Cathe - on the other hand, comes right at you but she always does it so calmly, cooly, and politely and kills you with kindness. }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.