December 2010 Rotation Check-in WEEK OF 12/12/2010

So tell me about the Boot Camp portion of Intensity. I haven't done it (nor previewed it). Yours sounds like a great combo workout today!

It's 15 minutes of weight work alternated with Hi Intensity HiiT floor moves (but not the same ones as you find in the actual Hi HiiT segment of the work out). The weight work that I can recall is as follows:

-squats or lunges (not sure which) combined with hammer curls
-squats combined with overhead shoulder press
-bent arm lateral raises for shoulders
-that move where you lunge to one side with dbs held low and then as you come back up to standing you pivot to other side and raise dbs for shoulder work (this is done with 2 db's here but can also be done with 1 db held horizontally)
-push ups (ofcourse! Come on, it's Cathe! ;))
-the lower body move from L&G where you lie on your side and raise your hip off the ground as you kick your top leg out straight (she has you wear a firewalker band around your thighs for more intensity though!)
-firewalkers

There could be a few more but I can't recall them right now. She recommeds/uses 8-10# DB's for this segment.

HTH! :)

Yup it was another KILLER combo alright -That Jillian ab routine is heavy on cardio so it blended right into the idea of INTENSITY and kept the huffing, puffing and sweating going!!! LOL

Last edited:
Gosh! I had appointments all morning; no time for my workout! It's so unlike me! lol
ANyhow, instead of "mucking" with the rotation (lol), I will do the 4DS tomorrow as per scheduled, then maybe do SB before the cardio on Friday. Hopefully I can get through both. :D

one day behind

Cheking in with muscle endurance as a sub for sts total body. I'm one day behind because I had a it bad with "Doms" my quads were SO sore from spinning on monday. But on the other hand I did pretty good this monday .
Friday and Saturday my nose was running a marathon so it was 2 days of staying in my PJs all day,and it didn't help with was cold and rainy here.

Terina, are you 100% feeling better? Good workout on ME...I haven't done that one in ages.

So today was 4DS kickbox (ALL of it). According to my workout logs that I keep, it has been 2 YEARS almost to the DAY since I've done this workout. How ironic is that. It was great, too. I didn't think I'd like this one, basically because I never really took the time to USE that 4DS series since it's come out. I might revisit it in January using the weight work with my running. ANYWAY.....I did the KB portion with my 1# weighted gloves. Went heavy in the weight section, and abs...well, I just DISLIKE them but did it anyway! :D

Happy Thursday! Keep checking in here, ladies! You keep me motivated to STAY ON ROTATION!!! ;)

HIGH REPS scrambled premix for me today. DONE. Very frustrating w/o this time though. I lost my mind and was consistently going too heavy(better then too light tho, I suppose). I was trying to record the weights I was using and finally gave up cause most of them were off the mark so it wasn't even worth it. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day!

HIGH REPS scrambled premix for me today. DONE. Very frustrating w/o this time though. I lost my mind and was consistently going too heavy(better then too light tho, I suppose). I was trying to record the weights I was using and finally gave up cause most of them were off the mark so it wasn't even worth it. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Had to chime in on this one, all the new workouts have me looking at the weights, shaking my head, I'm completely namby-pamby!...I've yet to really increase anything; 'til I get to the end of each...I'm completely worked out!

:eek:

Hi all. I've been doing Cathe's new Dec. Rotation but I didn't sign up to check in.
Today is supposed to be 4DS Boot Camp cardio only. Then I previewed the cardio section. It's intense too! Yikes. I'm going upstairs now to get it done before I wimp out.
This Dec. rotation is hard for me. I feel wiped out and it's only the 2nd week. How am I going to make to January? I thought Cathe did short rotations over the Holiday's. Not this time.
I have to go back and read all the posts to checkup.May I join you? I don't want to wimp out on this rotation and I need motivation!
So far I like the new workouts but I'm not very good on Intensity. I need quite a few water/stretch breaks on that one.
Colleen in cold, snowy Minnesota. The land of the long winters.

Last edited:
Had to chime in on this one, all the new workouts have me looking at the weights, shaking my head, I'm completely namby-pamby!...I've yet to really increase anything; 'til I get to the end of each...I'm completely worked out!

:eek:

IDK what was up with me. I think I was letting my ego get the best of me y'day morning! LOL

Hi all. I've been doing Cathe's new Dec. Rotation but I didn't sign up to check in.
Today is supposed to be 4DS Boot Camp cardio only. Then I previewed the cardio section. It's intense too! Yikes. I'm going upstairs now to get it done before I wimp out.
This Dec. rotation is hard for me. I feel wiped out and it's only the 2nd week. How am I going to make to January? I thought Cathe did short rotations over the Holiday's. Not this time.
I have to go back and read all the posts to checkup.May I join you? I don't want to wimp out on this rotation and I need motivation!
So far I like the new workouts but I'm not very good on Intensity. I need quite a few water/stretch breaks on that one.
Colleen in cold, snowy Minnesota. The land of the long winters.

Welcome to the check in Colleen.

Yup-Cathe's kickin' our butts for sure but that means we can eat more cookies, right!? ;) LOL

Welcome aboard, Colleen. The more people here, the more likely I am to stay on track with this rotation! :D

Wendy, I've found these workouts are a shock too. STS TB, for instance. The workout cards tell me what to use, and that weight would be fine in one of the other meso's, but in TB it's a whole other story! DOMS are present pretty much every day, and I'm finding that my lower body is still DOMSy when it comes time for another LB workout! (yesterday was 4DS KB with the LB weights, and I was still sore from STS TB just 2 days before!)! LOL OH WELL....I like a good butt kickin'!

Today is 4DS Boot Camp. I've never done this one...NEVER. I'm also going to tack on several sets of push ups and dips. P/Us will work the core too, so that will count as today's core workout. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I'm meeting with my running group in the morning for an EARLY run (5-6 miles) so at least I'll get in that run that I had aimed for.

Gotta get the kids out the door for school, then I'm getting my sweat on!

Good Morning.

The rotation called for a run today but since I am unable to do that these days, I chose an Insanity cardio to do instead....Max kick my @ss Cardio Conditioning. Added on the plank work ("core on the floor") from BBC Shoulders and Back, doing it 2x through.

MCC kicked my butt all over the place! :eek::eek::eek: I had to take breaks and modify. Amazing how quickly your body loses endurance for a particular style of work out if you don't do it with regularity. OMG! I doubted I would make it through a few times but I stayed tough and stuck with it til the bitter end!

Gayle:: I am not using 1RM's for STS TB and am much better off for it. I did most of the 1 RM's before my first and only (until January comes anyway!) attempt at STS and they had me lifting weights that were just too darned heavy for me in most cases. I guess I must've done them incorrectly. :( I am starting STS again in January as you already know and I will be choosing my own weight loads b/c, with the exception of y'day, I am normally pretty good at choosing the proper weight load for myself for an exercise.
Gotta love that DOMS, huh? :D This rotation is frying my lower body. I'm not riddled with DOMS (surprisingly enough) but with every work out I do my lower body reminds me a little more how hard it's been working! :)

Wendy, I'm just making sure by BBC you mean Barry's BootCamp? Or is it something else? I have that set but haven't used it in AGES....if this is what you're referring to, are the DVDs chaptered so I can get to just the ab/core work? If it's something else you're referring to, then just ignore me! :)

So...my workout was 4DS Boot Camp and I LOVED it. Reminded me of the newer HiiT workout set. Then I tacked on a bunch of stuff. I did circuit of push ups and hyper back extensions; circuit of stability ball pikes and oblique crunches on the hyper bench; 100 reps for biceps alternating between standard curls and hammer curls; and 100 reps for tris alternating between French presses and overhead extensions. 100 reps with a light weight...harder than I expected...lol.

FEELING GOOD! And it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle:: Yep, BBC is Barry's Boot Camp and yep, the workouts are chaptered so the ab/core work is easy to find. There is the plank section in that particular work out as well as a standing obliques section. Good stuff! ;) WOW-you really went crazy this moring with add-ons! Awesome job! Oh yeah-any weight (no matter how light) can hurt if you rep it out!! You must let us know how your arms feel in the morning! :D

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY-WOOT WOOT!!!!

You are all so inspiring.Gayle, your quotation brings tears to my eyes every time I read it. I love it.
Did 4DS Boot Camp Cardio and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In fact I liked it! A perfect pick me up after all the lower body weight work this week.
Today is a rest day and I'll take it. Our house is for sale and we have someone coming to look at it again later today. I bought some Norwex cleaning cloths at a friends house last night. I'm in love with them. I'm cleaning like a crazy person.
Inspiration fuels desire. I just made that quote up. LOL.
Colleen

Last edited:
Colleen:: Wanna come clean my house next? :D;):p Yep, 4DS BC sure IS a goodie! I've recently re-discovered it and now wonder why I haven't been doing it more often! Short and sweet but it's fun and it kicks butt! :D

Colleen, that quote in my sig line IS ONE OF MY FAVES of all time. Every word rings so true. How did the house showing go? And what is this Norwex of which you speak? :D

Today is supposed to be a rest day, but I meet with my running group on Saturday and I don't want that to stop. ;) So I met EARLY, at 6:30, with 2 other ladies who had to get there early also. It was 17 degrees and DARK. I ran holding my bike headlight so we could see, and when we were done the other ladies had frost on their eye lashes and brows. If you're one of my friends on Facebook, you'll see it if you go to my page. lol It was CRAZY COLD, but fun and I'm glad I got it done.

I've got crazy DOMS from yesterday. That little add-on circuit I did with oblique crunches on my hyper bench....aye yi yi!!! DOMS from my upper outer back right on thru my lats, obliques and to my waist. Incredible, and it feeeeeeels so gooood! :p

Busy day for me. Older DS has a basketball game in about an hour, then tonight is my school's staff Christmas dinner. I'm looking forward to a nice-tasting protein (steak, roast beef, chicken, etc) and veggies. I can pass on potatoes and pasta. But DESSERT....I'm REALLY hoping they have good desserts, cuz I'm planning on indulging in one. ONE! ONLY ONE! I promise! I might TASTE the others, but I will only eat ONE WHOLE one. Hold me to that...and make sure you check on me, K? :D

Gotta scoot. Have an awesome weekend. ONE WEEK till Christmas! That's just NUTS. What are you guys getting for your kids, spouses, SO, parents, etc?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.