December 2010 Rotation Check-in WEEK OF 12/12/2010

So............today's MONDAY. A new week. 12 days till Christmas! :eek: What are YOU going to today, tomorrow, ALL WEEK to hit your goals you've set for this week? TELL ME! I wanna hear it!

Me....my weekly goals are to do all prescribed workouts, add in extra ab work ala Wendy ;) for a total of 5 times this week, and add in at least one extra run this week on a weight day. Eating will remain ON TASK, as it has been for a several weeks now and to continue journalling.

TODAY: I did Intensity in a new and fun way, adding in a recommendation from Wendy. Here's what it looked like:

• warm-up
  • HiiT Lo with 1# weighted gloves
  • HiiT Hi with 1# weighted gloves
  • ALL step (without the gloves)
  • HiiT Lo with 1# weights gloves
  • Cool down and stretch
Can I just tell you......it was AWESOME FUN!!!!!!!!! And I was drenched. I didn't add in abs, so I have to be 100% certain to do abs each day the rest of the week.

Off to school/work, or else I'd chat more, I'm sure! :D Have a great Monday!

Just read your message on the other thread Gayle! Great idea! Thanks! :)

Here's what I wrote this morning on the old thread since my blind eyes didn't see Gayle's new thread this morning! LOL

Happy Monday Ladies. :p

So I did 6 week six pack w/o #2 (harder of the 2) y'day and followed it up with 4ds bootcamp cardio only as prescribed. OH.MY.GAWD.!!!! Jillian kicks serious arse in this work out and Cathe doubled the pain!!! :eek::D

Today is a scheduled rest day. I begin week 3 of the rotation with High Reps tmrw. My left shoulder is really bothering me today. If it's still unhappy tmrw I am going to seriously considering omitting shoulder work from tomorrow's work out...

Guess that's all for now. BBL to see if anyone checked in!

Gayle,

YEOWZERS! You got me beat with INTENSITY this time! AWESOME JOB! I can't imagine doing the HiiT with weighted gloves on..unless I didn't have to do step afterwards! :p YOU ROCK! Good job keeping on task with the ab work. I think it's totally worth it or I wouldn't do it. TRUST ME! LOL

My goals are like yours minus the run and the food journaling. I will keep on task with my work outs and my eating though. This is a tough time of year for food but all the more reason to stay on top of it as much as you can! I ate way too much y'day at a family dinner. I need to tighten up this week for sure cause I think this Saturday we might be going out to a Hibatchi restaraunt with DH's family. Gauranteed loss of self control right there! :eek::rolleyes::eek:

Wendy, I allowed a few hours of free eating on Saturday night during my party and again last night when we took BFF's DS out for his 8th BDay. No biggie. We move on and overall I come out ahead. :)

BE CAREFUL with that shoulder. And now I'm tempted to look at Jillian! LOL

You are right Gayle. The "cheating" is what keeps me sane! If I never "cheated" w/my diet I would be setting myself up for an epic fail in that department. Just gotta know when to "reign it in" before permanent damage starts setting in. :)

If you can handle longer ab focused work outs, Jillian's was a goodie b/c it incorporated total core moves, killer cardio and some focused ab moves on the floor too. It kicked my butt enough to be a great short stand alone work out! :D

I will be careful. It's the shoulder that bugs me now and then anyway so I probably pushed it too far y'day between Jillian's work out and maybe even some of the moves in 4DS BC. I will rest it if it's still bothering me. Tmrw is actually STS TB, not HR. I was mistaken. HR is going to be done later in the week.
Hopefully I can do STS with the bonus burns this time!!! I haven't been able to include them yet!:eek:

I haven't done the bonus burns yet either, but I think tomorrow is THE DAY! I took the day off of work/school so I could finish up my Christmas stuff, so that means my workout doesn't have to get cut short without the bonus. I'm actually ALSO going out in the WEE hours (about 4:30) for a short run...maybe 3-4 miles. Then come home, get the kids off to school and then hit STS TB. THEN spend the rest of my day doing Christmas stuff! :D

Here you guys are! I'll repost
I'm on Week 2. I must have started this rotaion a week after you guys.
ANyhow, I did Intensity this morning. Not the entire thing. That is just CRAZY! lol. I did the Double HiiT and Bootcamp

hawgwild (sorry, not sure if I know your first name, lol)...I'm on week 2 of this rotation also.

STS Total Body DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get the run in that I had planned....I wimped out cuz of the cold wind I heard whipping against my windows at 4:30am! LOL Plenty of time later this week to get that in.

STS Total Body Single Sets Time Saver is DONE. It's one set of everything plus bonus burns and abs. I got up later then usual and couldn't get my arse motivated fast enough to do the work out as produced. Oh well. Atleast I got the bonus burns in like I said I wanted to and I went heavier with the weights to make up for the fact that I wasn't doing both sets of each exercise. :)

Hawgwild:: Intensity ROCKS, doesn't it? :D

Gayle:: So were ya able to get in the bonus burns this morning? I don't blame you one bit re the run. Temps are BITTER out there! :eek:

BBL!

Intensity is INSANE! lol
And, my real name is Laura. Maybe I should put it in my sig.
OK. STS Total Body today. Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Afternoon...

Tomorrow calls for Intensity. I am thinking of doing 30 mins of it (not sure which segments yet) along with Jillian's 6 week six pack w/o #2....After what I experienced pairing Jillian up with 4DS K/B which is MUCh easier then INTENSITY, I must be outta my dawg gone mind!!!!! :eek: Just wanted to share the insanity! LOL

I think I'm doing Step Blast tomorrow.
It's cool doing total body workouts after coming off of doing the 3 day splits with STS. It's also nice during the holidays; if you miss a day (which I normally do not do) and it's part of a 3 day split it kind of throws your whole week out of whack. This way it easy to to jump right back in.
I am off to collagevideo.com to check out this Jillian Abs dvd. lol

Laura, I totally agree with you. I like the change that this rotation brings me as well, plus it's ALL the new workouts. Starting in January I'm going back to UB splits and running for most of my cardio. For now, I'm totally enjoying this. And I'm doing SB as prescribed tomorrow also. I was toying with the idea of doing BM2 cardio blast premix, but I'm gonna stick to the rotation (for now! HA!).

Oh, and DOMS are settin' in from this morning's STS TB already! LOVE IT!

I'm with you and Gayle 100% on this one! :p

We make a good Check In group, don't we? The Stick-To-A-Rotationally Challenged. ;)

So.....I did do Step Blast this morning. And dare I say it felt EASY? Seriously. I barely felt warmed up after the w/u and by the end of combo 1 I was barely breaking a sweat. It picked up during Combos 2 & 3 and the Challenge, but I was soooooooooooooooooo tempted to add more cardio on! But I didn't; but I DID add on the ab and plank section from the SJ&P part of that DVD. Good burn in the upper abs there.

We make a good Check In group, don't we? The Stick-To-A-Rotationally Challenged. ;)

LOL Gayle. That fits me to a T for sure! :p I haven't done SB in a while. I switched it up for BM2 cardio when I came to it on the rotation. :p

So this morning was INTENSITY as follows:
w/u
bootcamp
max step segment
hi HiiT

Plus 1/2 of w/o # 2 from Jillian's 6 week six pack routine. She goes through a circuit 2x in this w/o so I did it once through.

All in all it took me an hour and was a sweaty KICK ARSE work out!:D

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll try and pop back in later.

So tell me about the Boot Camp portion of Intensity. I haven't done it (nor previewed it). Yours sounds like a great combo workout today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.