December 09 Check in Wednesday 16th*******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today the schedule has me doing legs and yoga abs. So, that is what it will be this afternoon..The kids have PE class today and I am going to try and get some Christmas shopping for them done while I am by myself. YEAH!!

I saw that the shock cardio should be heading to us at the end of the week. I am thrilled to hear that information. I am looking forward to it..

Ok, gotta get them up for school lessons now...Talk to you later!!

Hey Girls...

I'm about to go downstairs and start PLYO , week #2 (is it DISC 29?... I lose count!)

I was really hoping I could avoid the Mall all together this year for Christmas shopping, but I can't. It's all Greg's fault. He's SO hard to buy for, so when he gives me a few ideas, I have to act on them. *sigh*

I'm excited about Shock Cardio coming!! Hopefully I can use it for my last week or more of STS! That'd be too cool!!

Kathy: Enjoy legs today! Are you still getting DOMS from chest/back this week?

Beth: Wendy is Wendy from Washington. Her "name" here is "hotpants". Is that the same girl?...

Hottie: Oh I think it would be GREAT to get a family pic with you guys and Evee!!!! Not corny!! Sorry about your experiment yesterday, that has got to be sooo frustrating!!

Joanne, can't stop thinking about you and you continue to be in our prayers nightly....

Better go while the getting's good...

BBL!

Good morning! Kathy, I thought you were going to say "today the schedule has me doing legs .... but I'm going to do.... instead." :D Hope you enjoy the squat rack legs sans squat rack, of course. :) Good luck with your shopping -- it must be really tough for you to find time alone! I have only a couple of more days and I realize that Dylan really really really wants a fingerprint safe, so, I'd better try to find one. Theoretically they aren't very expensive but I hope I can even find one.

Chris, I know what you mean about the mall -- hate it! I did order some jeans for Larry, but they aren't even shipping til January! So, I will wrap up the shirt I ordered at the same time, and put in the page that says the jeans ship later. Big who-te-do! I read something the other day that said when you start getting clothes for Christmas is when you no longer believe in Santa Claus. :D I'm really ready to give it up because that whole trying to get the presents out while they're "asleep" totally stresses me out -- my heart rate goes through the roof! What a killjoy I am, I know....

I did kick max cardio leg blast this morning. I think I've lost cardio capacity. Shock cardio is probably going to kill me! I had to stop a bunch of times during her blasts. Also added on some of the pilates abs, but gave up near the end! :eek: I am sore in the chest this morning!!

Oh, no, it wasn't hotpants. Imagine that! There's more than one Wendy in the pacific northwest! :D I'll definitely look her up and we'll get a picture together with Hottie, ok?

Hottie, yes, I think you should get a pic with Evee. I have a friend who is older than I am with no kids and every year she sends a card with a picture. She does travel so she always is some exotic place with a Santa hat on.

My sister sent the funniest card this year -- they bought property to set up a Christmas tree & lavendar farm along with a place to have weddings (I know, sounds strange maybe, but hopefully it'll work). Anyway, they had a top ten list of things they've learned and it was things like "horses run really fast when they see an open gate." The previous owners left horses there for a while before they could move them, and there were a lot of funny horse stories.

Joanne, I'm pretty certain you're not reading, but if you are, yes, thinking about you so much. Hugs to you, friend.

I'd better get rolling.... have a good day!

Chris: I know I can't remember the Disc numbers either until I look at the rotation list. Yes, I am still getting DOMS. Some weeks are worse then others. I had some from Monday and still kinda feel it today. I always feel those muscles during cardio workouts with the arm movements..I am excited about adding and trying those new cardios at the end of the month too. I am hoping to try some next week during my recovery. Maybe they will get out so I get them by the end of the week!

Beth: YEs, it is hard to get alone time. I force myself to grab it at the end of the day with my reading and during my workouts. I get really annoyed when they bother me during workouts. That is my stress/relaxing time. Hubby doesn't always get it though and sometimes gets mad at night when I want to read alone in my room...Anyway, I am ok with it all. I get my time and I get to see the kids during the day. Most of the time it is a good thing. HAHA

Joanne: I am thinking of you too. Still sending the hugs to you..

Hi Hottie!!

QUICKLY!! (telling the procrastinator in me)

Plyo Legs kicked my BUTT! Why did I think it wasn't so bad last week? As I posted on FB, I wanted to quit towards the end (but didn't). Felt like throwing up a little even. But now it's time to go to the Mall, and I'd rather do Plyo Legs again!!! :confused:

Wish me luck!!!

ONE MORE THING (LOL!!!)

Can I just say, doing one legged sit and stands is INSANE 3/4's of the way into Plyo legs! I can barely do them one-legged when i'm RESTED! here I am, panting like a dog, and she wants me to balance on ONE LEG and SIT AND STAND! Not happening!

Hi ladies. I've missed "talking" with you all. Thanks so much for thinking of me through this time and Chris, it's so sweet that you've been praying. As you might have guessed, my dad did pass away. It happened last Thursday. I can't even put into words how emotional it's all been. He was in hospice for 8 days. We were on the oncology floor and had wonderful nurses. One of them is a very good friend of ours that we know from the kids' school. She wasn't assigned to my dad until the very last day. It was so comforting to have her as his nurse that day. Both my mom and I were with him. The services were this weekend. My mom is OK - my aunt has been staying with her since the funeral. She's really sad and I know it's going to be hard on her. I knew they had a good marriage, but didn't realize they really did have a special kind of love until these past few weeks. Anyway, I'm going to miss him, but I know he's in a better place now.

Anyway, wanted to check in. I'm back at work today. I didn't have any time left and my wonderful coworkers were donating their vacation time to me. I so appreciated it, but didn't feel right taking anymore of their time. I'll be back to chat later....

Joanne

Oh Joanne, my heart goes out to you. I'm glad you had a positive experience in the hospital with hospice and hope everyone was comfortable, especially your dad. Still hurts bad. You know, my aunt came to stay with my mom when my dad died too. I think she will always treasure that time. It must make you feel good she has someone with her.

giant (((((hugs))))))

Oh Joanne, I'm so sorry. What a tough time you've all had. I'm sure it's very hard being back at work -- nice that your coworkers donated their vacation time to you, and nice to work at a company that allows that. I hope this weekend can be a time of sharing good memories of your dad with all the family.

I'm abruptly switching topics to something very trivial, but gave me quite a laugh. So, I mentioned Dylan wants a fingerprint safe, and somehow Travis told me his friend got one at Office Max and it was only $25 or something. I thought "hmmm" but filed it away. Just went to look it up and it's $389!!! Poor Dylan.... the other thing he wanted was some Donkey Kong game for his DS that's evidently out of print and I found it for $150 -- not happening! Don't know what I'll do about this safe, but it's "safe" to say it won't be on Santa's sleigh.....

::hugs:: Joanne, I can't imagine the feelings you're having. My heart and prayers go out to you.

I'm at work...turns out the whole thing wasn't contaminated so me coming in late today is screwing me over. Only wanted to pop in and give Joanne my condolences.

Thanks to all of you for your hugs and condolences. Even though I wasn't on the computer much, I knew you all were thinking of us and it helped. We had a lot of support from family members we haven't seen for awhile and friends. I hope they keep in touch with my mom. She's going to have a hard time transitioning to taking care of my dad 24 hours a day to being alone. Of course, we're just a few blocks away, so we're going to try to keep her busy.

Beth, I had to laugh about the fingerprint safe. Wow, $389!! My boys are always looking for something to protect their treasures from the rest of the house.

Hottie, good sleuthing on the Donkey Kong game!! Can you find me (Caitlyn) a Barbie Glamour Camper?? ;) Actually it's at the top of her list and I was spending way too much time online trying to find the dang thing. I found it way overpriced on Amazon and bought the thing. What was I thinking? I think I was so stressed trying to get Christmas shopping done that I just wanted to get it so I didn't have to worry about it any more.

Chris, I hate the mall this time of year, too. I try to do everything online. I went into ToysRUs the other day and walked right back out. It was just a madhouse.

Joanne

Well, Joanne if you want to cancel it you can get it at this Walmart (I assumed a chicago location) for $65:

Chicago
Wal-Mart# 5402
4650 West North Ave
Chicago, IL 60639
(773) 252-7465

It's limited stock at other locations. Everywhere else I think it's out of stock. But I totally wouldn't blame you for not wanting to go there now!

Seriously, none of you should be allowed to buy things without my permission. :) Most of my local friends know that.

ok, this experiment btw is just here to screw with me. First I thought the whole thing was contaminated. So I didn't come in early today. Now, it looks like it isn't (only one set got screwed in the wash). But NOW, I just went through a fair bit of reagent to see that it's not behaving normally. So all this effort for a waste...but I won't know that until Friday.

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it again. I HATE SCIENCE.

Gah...ok, off to figure out another present for my nieces before continuing the the mind game experiment.

Hottie is the UberShopper, for sure! I jumped on it -- what we do for our kids!! Did you get the WalMart GlamourCamper, Joanne? If you can cancel, maybe you should.... on the other hand.... it's nice knowing it's done, isn't it? And if Toys-R-Us bothered you..... just think what WalMart'll do! :)

Hottie, really, how do you do it? Amazing...... from now on I'll try to consult with you!

That experiment! Yikes! A lot of hurry up and wait, eh?

Had to get the boys from early dismissal, and soon we are going back to school for bball practice. I didn't tell you but Travis had a total meltdown about it yesterday and didn't even go. I'm not sure he will be on the team or not. Apparently there are a couple of boys who play really rough, and to make matters worse, it's being coached by a girl in high school -- I am honestly not sure how she will handle these very aggressive boys. So, if he really doesn't want to play, I'm not sure I'll have a problem with it.

Got our cards that I threw together so fast -- they look it! Since I only make cards once a year, I always forget that they look tinier than on screen. Oh well! Hottie and Joanne, pm or email me your address, ok?

Just popping in to tell Joanne how sorry I am over your dad.... Your mom will benefit from all the visits. It's been 4 yrs since my dad passed away and I can relate to seeing that special love my parents had for each other. My mom was taking care of my dad 24/7 also and it was a big adjustment for her...even now she still says how hard it is without him.

Many heartfelt hugs and prayers to you and yours Joanne....

Off I go now to finish cramming for my finals which are this Friday....it's been a great semester and next semester will be full and busy once again :)
After Friday I can start w/ the Christmas cards and more shopping OY!

*erm* HottieShopper thank you very much. Dudes, I'm always hot at whatever I do!! My friend tells me I could make a living as a personal shopper. Sometimes I do like that idea...

Um -- I just told the nicest person in the world (I work with him, yes; he is both uplifting and annoying at the same time! I don't know how anyone can be that nice and have a sweet disposition all the time) that I would help him out with an experiment while he was away in Italy planning his wedding...Ummmm....it's like a lot of work and, ugh, dealing with mice (I have no problem with our research and I just avoid work with fuzzy things like the plague). At least its mostly just taking care of them (change their beds and feeding) and no surgeries or sacrifices. Ohh...but act of kindness right? and maybe he'll remember to list me as an author next time...? (he sorta forgot to acknowledge me on a work that got published this year after I spent a lot of time editing it but he came up to me just the other day to say he'll make it right)

I'm so happy its the end of the day finally! Nice to see you Vilma!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.