Dec. Butt Rotation Check In

Hi All

Today I did Afterburn. Had to take a few days off....all of our company has left now so back to the old grind. Have you all decided on what rotation you are going to do next month? This lower body has really worked well for me. I am anxious to hear what you have decided. I'm sorry if you already posted it and I missed it.

Hi Everyone,
I'm following the Jan. Rotation that Cathe put in the 2014 Calendar. I'm having to make a few switches as I don't have every DVD. So today I did the original Boot Camp. Honestly I thought it would be "easy"...well NOT! It really did have me huffing and puffing! Love pulling out these oldies!

Tomorrow will be Afterburn for me.

Just got though preparing my meals/snacks for tomorrow. Trying to eat as clean as possible! Definitely gained a few lbs the past month....pants have been so tight and it's making me nuts!

Talk to you all later.
Elena

Hi all! I managed to get in 17 min of Turbo Barre yesterday and all of PUB today. I think it may have been Angela who recommended I get this one and WOW I'm so glad I did. What a great intense and different weight workout! I really liked it! Tomorrow is Cardio Leg blast, if I'm able. I've got a cold now. But I really want to finish this rotation before the new year. I that that and afterburn on tuesday and then I will have completed it!

I still don't know what I'm going to do next month. I would love to see the January rotation a day or so early.

Can anyone recommend a good fat burning rotation?? I'm 5'9 and 177.9# according to my weight watchers scale first thing in the morning, but at my weight watchers meeting in the evening, I was 173 last Monday night. So I don't think my home scale is working right. My kids may have messed it up, I have to shake it vigorously for about 10 seconds to get it to turn on. :( so my BMI is 26 or something and my range is like 132-169 or something like that. So depressing.

Also, I'd love to hear how you all are eating clean, I thought I ate clean but now I'm not so sure. Today I ate:

Breakfast: 1 organic egg, scrambled in 365 butter, with 365 cheese (365 is the whole foods brand- no hormones but not organic, and my hubby made this with 5 eggs for our family if 6), 3 Apple gate chicken and maple sausage.

Lunch: left over fajita from last night: 1 365 whole wheat tortilla with 2.5 oz chicken breast, onions, peppers and 1/2 oz cheese, 365 salsa, fresh pineapple

Dinner: 3 cups romaine with carrots and olive oil (4t) and lemon juice, garlic, Dijon, basil, oregano, dill, basil, salt and pepper homemade dressing, green beans with butter, salt and thyme, crockpot 1/2 chicken breast and 365 stuffing made with water and Pacific organic cream of chicken soup (no MSG), 2 1.5 oz homemade mostly whole wheat bread with butter and an orange.

Snack: 2 Ghiradelli dark chocolate truffles, 2 mini dark chocolate pretzels (homemade but not by me) and 1 Hershey's Dark chocolate bliss, half of piece of bread (mostly whole wheat made today) with butter and Pellegrino.

I'm thinking about joining a friend on a challenge she does every year with her company: 100% whole wheat flour, brown rice, wtc, no more than 1 gram of sugar a day and no alcohol. The alcohol is no big deal as I don't drink, the whole wheat flour.brown rice is fine, I do that at least 80% of the time now anyway, but the sugar will be hard!!

I've tried before eating mostly whole grains, lots of fresh fruit and veggies, lean meats (chicken, 93% ground beef, lean steak, turkey, fish and shrimp) and say I will only have dessert 3 days a week and not eat after 8 unless it's fruit and exercise most days 30 min or more. By the desserts are hard! And I do have trouble with carbs and butter too. But at age 42, I can't eat like I'm 20 or 30. It's also hard with 4 boys (12, 9, 7 and 2) who can be picky eaters. But they will eat salad and veggies.

So any advice is welcomed! I used to be so good! I was vegetarian (but eating fish) when I got married, having sugar only 6 days a year!! Not anymore by a long shot!

Go Eagles!! I'm a Philly girl!

Morning all!

I took yesterday off so I'm doing AOLIH today. Then it's off to Williamsport for the 10 day check up.

hrcfitness, I did Bootcamp not too long ago and it is hard! I did Bodymax original last week and could not finish all the abs. That one, too, is an oldie but a goodie! I envy you having a calendar and a rotation all ready to go!

I hope Cathe posts a new rotation soon as well, LadyLep. I don't know what I'm doing for January, yet either. BTW, your day's diet yesterday sounded great! I think if you keep logging your intake somewhere, drinking lots of water, and working out that you're on the right track. You know what to avoid for weight loss! Personally, I try to eat clean by only eating non-processed foods. If I want a cookie, then I make cookies. So I still have some sugar. The only cheats I have are for my dairy-I don't make my own cheese, milk, yogurt, etc.

Have a good day, all! I'll let you know how the back is tomorrow.

Beth

Hi All,
Today I did Afterburn. Tomorrow is Muscle Max for me. This past week I followed the Jan. Rotation Cathe put in the 2014 calendar. I like it! But next week I really need to add in more lower body work. The jeans are on...but they are tight!

Have a good day!
Elena

I started over with the Nov. rotation today. Intensity!!! I was thinking about doing the January rotation and subbing some for extra leg stuff. I am going to keep the lunges, hip thrusts and BBW in there for sure.

Have a great day!!

Good Morning,
Today is going to be Cardio Leg Blast and Hip Thrusts. Want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year!! With holidays, some sickness & aches we have all done a wonderful job!! I am going to say it one more time this year...I would have never worked so hard on this rotation without all of you. I look very forward to working out with each of you in the New Year.

Hi all!

I just did Afterburn for the first time. I actually started out with a premix but decided to finish the year out with a bang! Boy was that tough! I didn't do everything as she did it, especially anything like the mountain climbers! I did those super slow. But I got through it!! So I finished the Butt rotation! OK, since she hasn't set up a rotation yet. I sort of arranged my workout DVDs (I just realized I didn't put in my Urban Rebounder or my 2 pilates DVDs in there, maybe they will by my Sunday workouts or the "I don't have time or I'm too tired to workout", well the rebounder wouldn't fit into the too tired...)

So here is what I came up with:
Since I'm sick, I'm starting kind of easy.
Jan 1 The Firm: Total Body Shaping (30 min)
Th - The Firm: Fat Blasting Cardio (30 min)
F- The Firm: Hips, Thighs & Abs (30 min)
S- LIC
S- Turbo Barre

Jan 6 M-F Timesavers 1-5
S- HC Extreme
S-B&G or pilates or yoga or off

Jan 13 M-Th 4Day
F- PRS#1
S- BM2
S- DM or pilates or yoga or off

Jan 20 M Intensity
T- PLB
W-Hiit
Th- PUB
F- X10
S- The Firm Complete Body Sculpting (45 min)
S- The Firm Total Muscle Shaping (45 min) or pilates or yoga or off

Jan 27
M- Imax 2
T- Bis&Tris
W- Rythmic Step
TH- CBS
F-TTM
S- STS TB
Su- Travel Fit & Core Max or pilates or yoga or off

Feb 3
M- Step Blast
T- MM
W- The Firm: Cardio Express (30 min) & Ab Circuits
Th- GS Legs
F- CF
S-PRS#2

That will have covered all my DVDs, I will most likely change my mind a bunch, not be able to get in everything I have "planned". But I tried to have cardio MWFSa and wts TTh and Su and easier day. Except for the weeks when I'm doing Timesaver and 4D.

As for eating, I'm almost mentally committed to clean eating with these parameters for 3 weeks: no wheat, no refined sugar (maple syrup and honey ok) and only eating between 11am and 7pm. The part that I'm wavering on is the time to eat. My stepfather is recommending this and working out in the morning. The sugar will be hard enough, but I think I can push through that as long as I can get through the first few days. And we have a party tomorrow for the Rose bowl to go to, so that will be tough I think. OK, I just found on mercola.com where it talks about fasting. It's under variations of fasting:

Is It Healthy to Skip Breakfast? | Intermittent Fasting

Hello all! Good news from the back doctor. We got the staples out (50 of them!) and he's encouraged to walk as much as he's able to. So we're on our way. For now he's just walking around the house-too icy here.

Today I did Hard Strikes with my gloves and included Core and Burn set tris plus the 100 rep challenge. Can you tell I had the day off?! I still don't know what to do after this rotation is over-I have 3 days left of it. Tomorrow is CF then CLB and finally Turbo Barre. Depending what Cathe puts up I might do an X train month and add in the 100 rep challenges more often. I'd love to be able to lift heavier for my bi's and tri's especially.

LadyLep, I've done some intermittent fasting. I didn't really lose any weight from it or do it long enough to see changes. Maybe I should make that one of my New Year resolutions. If I do do it I'll do it 2x a week. I don't think I could do it every day. For me my eating window is 5AM-1PM. That way I can eat before and during work. I'm on my feet all day and get quite hungry! Not eating dinner and then just going to bed early (like usual) is how I do my fast. I like to do them Tuesday and Wednesday one week then Wednesday and Thursday the next week. I'm on a two week rotating schedule and have found those days the best to fast. Let me know what you think after you try it.

Beth

Happy New Year

Today I did PUB and 100 lunges. I decided to split my lunges for the week in 100s... I think I am going to go for rotating 100 lunges, 100 thrusts & 100 band walks after each workout.

I sure hope you all are having a wonderful New Years Day. We took down all of our Christmas lights today. Feels so good to have that done and my house back. I have felt so blessed this Christmas with a wonderful family and wonderful workout buddies.

I guess I shouldn't say this but as I am typing we are making homemade ice cream. However I did sub. stevia for sugar and only used a portion of the heavy cream and used unsweetened almond milk for the remainder. Going out with a bang on the day....lol.

Happy Workouts Girls!!!

Hi, all. Happy New Year!

I've done Cardio Leg Blast from X train today along with the 100 rep hip thrusts. I had to use a 35 lb barbell this time since my husband can't lift anything to help me. It felt just about right though at 35. I may just stick with that weight for a while. Friday and Saturday I've planned two of my favorites-Knockout Rockout for Friday (gotta use my pink gloves!) and then my own mix of High Step Training-I do the warm up, 5 cardio sections, cardio with lower body, then cool down. It's about 40 minutes total.

Anybody doing any detox this January? I was looking at Giam's detox from caffeine, sugar, and white flour. They suggest going cold turkey with sugar and flour and reducing caffeine by a half each day and then have a cup of green tea. I'm considering it. I'm off work through Monday so it's a good time to do it. After Resting on Sunday I'm going to do Cathe's metabolic rotation. I'm going to go light on the Flex Train/Supercut more metabolic workouts and use them as mostly cardio. Then I'll go heavy on the Gym Styles. I don't know about using Gym Styles for a whole month though. There's an awful lot of pushups in Chest and Triceps! I may sub in Pure Strength some just to mix it up.

Keep focused!

Beth

Just wondering which area you ladies are posting your workouts for the day. Feeling withdrawals from you all!!! lol

I didn't but was checking them out yesterday. I only have 11 of the jan. rotation workouts, so it didn't seem worth it to me for try it and have to switch so many around.

I did do a part of all the timesaver workouts! I say part because one day I could only get in 17 min but most of them I was able to get in at least 30 min. Tomorrow I have hardcore extreme. Not sure which one I will do yet. It won't be the one with the leg conditioning since I did the timesaver legs today and have but and guts ready for Sunday unless I want a rest day or yoga day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.