Dec. Butt Rotation Check In

Hi Everybody!

I have a few minutes left of my lunch hour so thought I would say HI! I normally don't do this, but this week has been busy with all the Holiday cooking/shopping/parties, that I decided to take 4 days off completely from working out. I was starting to feel overwhelmed and tired and I really wanted to enjoy all the fun events coming up, so I have given myself a free 4 day pass. I have a Holiday concert tonight that will go until 10 p.m. and tomorrow we have our office party that will go until late. I was freaking trying to figure out how to fit in a workout each day, so that's the reason for the pass. I will be on vacation from this Friday all the way through next week so I will have more time each of those days to give my all to my workouts.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and enjoying family and friends!!

Enjoy your day, and when the time allows for a workout, WORK IT HARD!!!

Mary

Hi all! Good news for me! We called to see when the surgery is tomorrow and we don't have to be at the hospital until 1:30! His back surgery (spinal stenosis) starts at 3:30. The good part is that even though we live an hour from the hospital I'll still be able to work out (and sleep in a little)! I've been doing the August rotation and this week is all cardio with weights. I think it's pretty metabolic. I'm wishing now I hadn't added in the walking lunges the other night. My butt muscle is quivering!

So today was Kick Box from 4DS and tomorrow is Slide and Guide. I watched it again tonight since I've only done it once. We stay overnight at the hospital and then come home Friday. Muscle Endurance is on the schedule...we'll see. I don't sleep well when I'm not in me own bed.

Angela, I'm glad you didn't get sick. Enjoy your holiday and visiting with your family. I did an Xtrain rotation in October. It was the one with burn sets mixed with cardios. It was do able and I really liked the 3 day split. My body just needs more cardio (I'm short and like to eat!) So when the butt rotation went up for Nov. I jumped at it and loved it. The rotation I'm doing right now is more weight heavy for upper than the butt rotation was. But it's working and I'm keeping on track. FYI my goal is just to maintain and not build serious muscle. I'm 48 and just want to be healthy and "fit". Hence the name I use here!

yMary 4 days off is nothing! After I crashed my bicycle last May I was off for 3 weeks. You get back to normal pretty quick and I felt well rested and it really helped my nagging shoulder inflammation. One of my patients kindly suggested I get a tricycle...lol!

Celina...I wish I could be as organized as you! I was just going to take some books to read tomorrow! I loved that picture of the wiped out dog. I feel that way after the X10 workouts!

Elena, your workouts sound great! I love the xtrain series...adding those 100 reppers really fires up the muscles. Did the dress fit well tonight?!

Lady-Lep I wish I had the coordination to ice skate. I used to kind of roller skate but it's always awkward. Downhill skiing is the same...as are most sports for me. Maybe that's why I like working out with Cathe! Nobody else sees how uncoordinated I am! Enjoy the time with your boys. You are lucky to have had them.

Well, all. I'm off to my bath. I'll be busy with the surgery and getting my boys situated while we are gone.

Beth

Hi all!

I did GS Legs yesterday and got in LIS Challenge, the step one and I only did the 31 min premix, it's all I had time for. I was looking for more step and this had a bunch of weights in it. It was my first time doing it, and it was ok/not bad, I was sweating at the end. Would this be considered more metabolic because of the weights??

Tomorrow is Crossfire. I need to get to bed, I almost fell asleep a few times on the road today: 40 min drive to ice skating (in Havertown, PA, it was fun but my almost 3yo really only made it around the rink twice!), 25 min drive to King of Prussia for my 7th grader's make up Spanish class, homeschool class), then back home for about 45 min to work on a salt map with my 2nd grad on ancient Israel. Then I had to go pick up the 4th grader who went to a friend's house 40 min away, but we met halfway. So on the final drive home I was really having trouble staying awake!! (then we were only home for an hour for dinner and then had to dash out to the 4th grader's first basketball game of the season. He made his first foul shot ever!!

I did XTrain 90 days last January, it took me 4 months to do it maybe a little more. Then I tried to do the cardio and weights one, which I kicked but I was kind of sick of XTrain by then, I may try it again sometime. I don't think I'll commit to another 90 day rotation again of its all one series.

Ok enough jabbering for me! Love hearing about the workouts you all do!

Good Morning

Surgery went well, Thank you all for your well wishes.

Today is crossfire for me.....

Mary, I agree with everyone...sometimes we have to give ourselves a pass from our workouts. :) Better to do that, than to beat ourselves up for not fitting it in.

Beth, Hope your hubby's surgery goes well today. So glad you will get your workout in!! You will be a much better care giver if you can take care of you too ;-)

Have a great workout everyone!!! I will check back later to see what everyone did today.

Catching up:

Tues: started day with a migraine that turned into nausea .. no workout
Wed: still a bit under the weather due to poor night of sleep
Thurs: really late night due to hubby's work xmas party (we hosted)

Tomorrow things should be back on schedule.

Hi all-

Thursday I didn't get a workout in but yesterday I did Crossfire's premix triple tabata about 30 min. Today is supposed to be Great Glutes. I will sub XTrain Legs.

By the way my green band broke earlier this week. It had a hole for while and finally broke. Do you think they will replace it? Also, Legs has a sticking part when the discs are used, I can play pr fast forward, I have to skip and do the left side twice,since it's the right side that sticks. And there is a spot in Body Max 2 that I emailed them about a few years ago since there is a spot in the circuit, I think, I think there are 4 circuit sections and the 2nd one doesn't stop it's just skips it altogether,. They did replace Hard Strikes for me last spring or so. I guess I should just email them?

Happy Saturday before Christmas, everyone!!

Good Morning. Yesterday was my day off, had to clean house and get ready for Christmas Eve. Going to do Supercuts today, one of my favorites....Hope you all have a wonderful day and workout!

Hi all! I'm finally able to check in! Today I did Low Max. Hubby had surgery Thursday and we got a call to get to the hospital earlier than anticipated. So we rushed down (an hour away). I didn't get home til midnight. Then it turned out he had to stay an extra day. So Friday was just down and back in the afternoon. Then I did ME when I got home. Yesterday I brought him home and have been helping him. He's walking with a cane and can get around pretty good on the first floor. Our shower is upstairs so that's what we'll tackle tomorrow. The surgery was more than the doctor anticipated, but turned out fine. We go back to see him the 30th. I'm just glad it's over and he can now recover.

Glad to read everyone's updates and workouts. Tomorrow I have Kickmax scheduled. I may just do a premix of everything except the leg lift section. We'll see. Carry on!

Beth

Beth-B-Fit- glad to hear your hubby's surgery went well and that he's on the road to recovery!

I didn't get a workout in today. Spent the day food shopping, making cookies for my cookie exchange tonight and finishing up Christmas shopping. I'm finished!! I still have to make a photo album but it has been started and won't get here until Jan. so I may bag it.

I plan to get up on the early side tomorrow to try to get in super cuts, which was on tap for today.

Hi All,
Today I pulled out Lean Legs and Abs again and I decided that I don't think it's really for me so I traded it today. I think I'm going to try and work out again this evening. I got the 2 new DVD's from Amy Dixon (BB3 and Kettlebell). So I think I'll try one of them later today.

Funny I keep buying these other instructors and I never end up doing the workouts! Just keep staying with Cathe.

Have a wonderful day!

Beth - glad your hubbys surgery is over and he can begin his road to recovery.

I did not get a chance to workout today. So disappointed. Have so much to do for tomorrow. But really needed to read all of your posts for motivation to get me up early tomorrow to fit a workout in.

Got in Super Cuts today, or yesterday rather. I hope to get in AOLIH in the morning.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Merry Christmas Ladies

Was able to fit in Pyramid Upper/abs/lunges and a nice 40 sit in the sauna with my daughter that is in town from Maryland. I think I have another Cathe fan in the making. I hope you all are enjoying your Christmas with your families.

Did Lean Legs and Abs with my daughter today...its funny she is so sore lol I just smile and say welcome to my world.

I was up until 3:30 on Christmas Eve and up until 2 the day before Christmas Eve and both mornings after, my boys woke me before 7:30. So today I decided to try Yoga Relax and it was OK, hard to relax with 2 DSes going behind me and my toddler trying to climb on me or copy my poses. He was so cute! I stubbed my toe so badly a couple of days ago that the nail partially ripped off and I can't wear shoes very well. I hope to get in HS tomorrow. I'm on week 4 of the Nov. Butt rotation. It says with heavy bag, I don't have one. Does anyone do it w/o?

rest of rotation plan:
Sat:pUB
Sun: Lean Legs and Abs - I don't have this, not sure what to sub yet. Ideas??
Mon:pylo Legs - will sub Cardio Leg Blast (unless someone has a better idea??)
Tues: Afterburn - Can't wait to try this!!

I can't believe this actually works out to finish out the year! Kinda cool but kinda sad since it takes me 6-8 weeks to do a month rotation. :(

I'm not sure what I'm going to do in Jan. I didn't like Dec rotation so I won't be doing that. I guess I'll see what Cathe comes up with.

I just looked at the chapters for LLA and think it might be similar to LIS Turbo Barre? The other Legs I have are XTrain Legs, GS Legs, B&G, TimeSaver Legs, CLB. I think that's it.

Happy Holidays All! I've been keeping up with the rotation I'm doing. Today was Drill Max Ultra Cardio Blast. Tomorrow I'm doing Total Body Trisets-total body express. It's 48 minutes and 1 set of each triset. I previewed it tonight during my cooldown and I don't think I've ever done the Lower Body workout.

Lady Lep I've only done LLA once and I think any B&G premix that has you on the floor a lot would be a good option. I don't remember it being too tough of a workout (LLA I mean). I'd just find something around the same time frame. Just doing B&G standing portion would be a great workout.

I'm in the middle of a hot flash all of a sudden. Need to go! Keep going all. I don't know what's in store for January. I'll have to think about it soon though. Love hearing all your ideas.

Beth

I'm not sure I'll get a workout in today, I've been lazy and trying to plan meals and taking way too long to do it. :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.