Debbie or anyone- best rotation for getting as LEAN as possible?

scouter99

Cathlete
I posted in the open forum about a weight loss challenge that I am in but I thought I'd post here on some advice for which rotation would serve me best. My goal? To get a LEAN as possible and drop scale weight. Normally I wouldn't care as much about scale weight as I would about measurements- but the winner will be the person who drops the highest percent of scale weight.

I workout 5-6 days a week regularly and can devote 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on the day. Which rotation out there (or rotations) will help me reach this goal the best in addition to a clean clean clean diet?? I know every body is different- but I'm just looking for suggestions. I have really been focusing on strength training and lifting heavy for the last 3 months and have dropped 15 lbs doing this- but now my weight loss has plateaued. I clearly respond well to strength training (th muscles in my arms prove that) but now I need to stop cancelling out the fat lost weight by putting on muscle weight- just for this challenge. PS: I only have 10 weeks left to go in the challenge.

THANKS!
Denise

Denise,
I asked a question very similar to this about a week ago and didn't get any response on it. So I'm really interested to hear any suggestions. I was in a Biggest Loser contest at work about a year and a half ago. I lost about 40 pounds and won but I really lost the weight in a very unhealthy way. I ran for atleast 60-70 mins a day and ate WAY too few calories (about 500-800 a day). It actually made me fall back into an eating disorder I have battled since 10th grade. Not surprisingly I gained almost 30 back once I started seeing a therapist and nutritionist and began eating healthier since my body was in starvation mode. Basically once i started eating my body held on to absolutely everything I gave it. I m just warning you about my experience with this kind of contest and urging you to please lose weight a healthy way.

Anyway, I have recently lost about ten pounds and weigh 161 (i'm 5'7 and 21 yo.) I am currently trying to lose about ten more. I am eating clean and really physically and emotionally feel good with eating this way. I really do want to lose body fat though and hope someone will respond to this post. Sorry this message was a little dismal. I really hope you do good and get healthy! Good luck with your contest!

Lauren

Lauren- it is SOOO funny that you posted about this (well- not really funny, but....). The reason why is because I was thinking earlier today that if I really wanted to win I could do this in a VERY ugly and unhealthy way, but immediately I also thought that I am not really doing this JUST to win but to finally get into the best shape of my life (at 36 and after having 3 children and being DONE with that). If I decided to do it just to win then I would eventually have to undo that damage and is it really worth it? NO!

Anyway- I just thought it was interesting that you posted something that I had just thought about myself earlier today. Thanks for posting it!

PS: I really do want to win though ;)

Denise

Denise,
I originally started it to get in great shape too but since it is SO hard for me to lose weight the healthy way and it comes off SO slowly I just started doing what I was sure worked! I mean come on it won me $550! :p But i definitely paid a price. Not to mention the price of the docs that helped me lol. I really do wish you alot of luck! Just stay healthy and do it for you. Use the money as a little extra kick in the butt haha!

Lauren

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.