Debbie (Fitness Freak) Heavy lifting question

deanie

Cathlete
Hi Debbie,

I have a question about heavy lifting and since you are the guru here;-) !:) I'm hoping you can help.

I have been doing PS this month (just starting week 3), I am lifting really heavy (for me) and have noticed some things.

1- my wrist needs some support for the bench presses. I am lifting/pressing 70#. I have some hooks; are they okay to use for bench presses? I use them for rows, when I do 80# and they have made a difference there.

2- the veins in my arms and hands are really noticeable (sp?). Is this normal?

Before PS, I did 4 weeks of the 4DS, so after 4 weeks of PS I am going to do a leaning out rotation of 4 days cardio and 2 of full body work.

TIA, TIA,:)
Deanie

Hi Deanie! How you doing?

1. No, you cannot use hooks for benching, that is dangerous. Hooks are only used for pulling exercises, i.e. barbell rows, stiff legged deads, hack squats. My wrists are very weak as well so I use wrist wraps and they help a trendous amount. I got mine at Marc's for $7.99 each. Try that and see if it helps.

2. Yes, that is normal. If you are losing body fat, your veins will show up. Mine do and I love it! Being vascular shows that you have good circulation and a lean body. :)

Hope this helps! And watch all the cardio for your leaning out rotation. You might want to change that to 3 days instead of 4 with the cardio.

Debbie!!:) I'm doing good thanks, hope all is well with you!!

Thanks for answering my questions. I will get the wrist wraps, sounds like it would help. I guess losing body fat is good, but the vein thing is just kinda freakin' me out!LOL:7 :+

So with leaning out, you would do 3 days cardio and 2 full body? I'm so used to working out 6 days I never thought to do just 5.:eek: ;-) I was going to do the rotation for 3 weeks. Should I do 4 weeks if I only workout 5 days?

Thanks
Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.