Deanies Rotation Check In TGIF!

deanie

Cathlete
Hello and Good Morning Everyone :)

This morning is coffee (tea for me) with the girls. I really enjoy that! Yesterday, the director of the nursery school, asked if I were to work there next year, how many days would I want...I'm thinking 3 or 4. I have to call her this morning. I would love to work there on a regular basis!:)

Today was Step Blast. Can I just tell you how much fun I had?!!! Cathe seems to be having such a good time during the workout, its infectious!! I would have tacked on coremax seg. 2 abs, but ran out of time (they're on the schedule for tomorrow, but then they are with GS Legs.) Today would have been easier. Oh well.

Gin- I hope you get your Bryan Kest yoga today. Which one did you get? I like 2 the best, and then 3. Are you looking forward to visiting your parents?

Jennifer- Did you end up working out last night? More importantly, did you get a dress?!! And no, I didn't think of doing the diet on the website about body types. I'm happy just eating as clean as I can.

Tracee- Taped the Office last night. My DH and I will be watching both Lost and the Office tonight!!:) I went out last night, played Mahjong, with a new group of women. I had alot of fun! What was your workout today? You should feel great. You got right back on track after not working out for a few days, that's awesome!

Marcy- What was on the schedule today? Cardio/yoga? Are you sore from yesterday? I'm not, but you lifted heavier than me. Thanks for the Abs X info. Man, that is hard! Actually, the whole program looks hard. I can't wait for your imput on it! Okay, here's my question (hopefully the last- I'm ready to wrap this up): For day one of weeks 1-3 and weeks 5-7, and day 3 weeks 5-7, should I do 1 set of each excersise, and then go back and do it again? Or should I stick with what I've got? I', going to try to post it, so you don't have to look back.

Weeks 1-3
Day 1 GS chest, back and abs
Drop set push ups
Dumbbell row (3 sets)
Bench press (3 sets)
1 arm row (2 sets)
Flye (3 sets)
T-back squeeze with the band
Incline bench (2 sets)
BB pullover
Incline flye (2 sets)
Back extension and back side rotation
Coremax alternate 1, 2 and tough abs
Weeks 5-7
Day 1 PS chest, shoulders and bi and abs
Decline pushups (3 sets)
Arnold press (2 sets)
Close grip press (3 sets)
Bench press (1 set light, 2 sets heavy)
Clean and press (2 sets)
Dumbbell French press
Flye (2 sets)
Standing side laterals
Cross body extensions
Incline chest press
Reverse flyes
Kickbacks
Incline chest flyes
Seated laterals
Dips with barbell in lap
15 min ab work of choice
Day 2 Imax 1, 2, 3
Day 3 PS back and bi and abs
T bar rows (3 sets)
Bent over rows (3 sets)
Barbell curls (2 sets)
Seated dumbbell curls
Shrugs (2 sets)
One arm rows (3 sets)
Negative curls (2 sets)
Concentration curls (2 sets)

Sorry for the long post...
Have a great day all,
BBL,

Deanie

Good Morning!
Today was GS BSB and LIC abs. I like this workout. The mail came so late yesterday that I ran out of time to do Bryan Kest, but want to try it after school today. I got Energize, Tone and Sweat. I think that it is the name. It is not labeled on the the Netflix package.

Deanie--You sound as if you are in a good mood today! I also like Step Blast...FUN!! I AM looking forward to visiting with my parents, thank you. Let me know what you decide on teaching next year. What age? I started out 15 years ago with 3 days a week , then went to 4, then 5 and now I'm back to 4. Love that day off.
You and Marcy are working so hard putting this next rotation together. Is it something that we all can do? I am confused. Can you tell??:)

Marcy, Tracee and Jennifer--Have a great day!

This is my last day before Spring Break....yipeee!!
Gin

Good Morning, Ladies ~ TGIF!!!!! :)

I'm proud of myself, I behaved myself this morning, no donut! :) I had Kashi GoLean w/ Skim Milk, cup of Green Tea.
Lunch will probably be a salad...I am stopping by the mall this afternoon @ lunch to try on a few dresses, hopefully I will find one I like...If not, tomorrow I am meeting a friend @ King Of Prussia mall and I will shop some more! I still have to take my BF out to find him a Suit...

Last night I did Super Callantics...I am really surprised how tough some of the moves were. It looked really boring when previewing it, but it moves pretty fast. My core is a little sore this morning also...:) I think it would be a little easier w/ a Barre though....chair wasn't doing it last night...LOL.
Tonight is KPC. I am anxiously waiting for PowerStrike to come in, I ordered it over the weekend through CollageVideo.

So, what is everyone's plans for the weekend?
Talk to you Later - Have a Great Day!!!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

http://5.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/3/933/glitter_maker_03_01_2007_19_17_32_14056.gif

Good morning all!

Today was Hilary Burnett's Advanced Mat Pilates and Cathe's Stretch Max 1. I felt I could've done a little better with the Pilates but I guess I was a little tired. I went dancing last night. But Stretch Max felt really good. Does anyone have Cathe's Total Body Stretching or any other stretch tapes and how do they compare with Stretch Max?

I am really sore today. My shoulders, biceps, hips, inner thighs, back. Everything's hurting. I did some research yesterday on my body type (ectomorph). Here's what I found:

It is extremely hard for us to gain muscle mass (true). We are generally better endurance athletes by nature and may excel in cross country running (not me, I hate running!). It is very possible for ectos to achieve great gains in mass and strength regardless of being an ectomorph. It is the hardest and most difficult task for us to gain muscle size, when compared to endos or mesos. However, once the mass as been developed, no matter how long the struggle to get to that level, the results are something much more impressive than other body types. Arnold Schwarzanegger was actually an ecto but as he became an adult he realized he had the frame and joint structure of an ecto with the ablity to gain muscle of a meso making him an ecto-mesomorph. The ectomorph will need to lift heavy weights and stick with basic movements for each body part to achieve the greatest amount of muscular development and growth hormone release.

Legs: Squats, stiff legged deadlifts and donkey calf raises
Chest: Dbbl or bbl Incline Bench Press
Back: Chin-Ups, Bbbl rows and T-Bar Rows
Shoulders: Dbbl presses or Military Press
Biceps: Bbl curls and seated incline curls
Triceps: Close Grip Bench Press and skull crushers

Keep aerobic training to no more than 30 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week. Too much cardio hinders your muscle gains.

Rests between sets for the ecto should be increased to a level slightly higher than their meso or endo counterparts. Ectos should train with heavier weights with longer rest periods between sets (maybe that's why I always take extra rests with Cathe.) Ectos should allow a minimum of 72 hours between training the same body part. If you feel sore, don't workout the sore body part that day. Wait until you are fully recovered before hitting that same body part. Ectos should get about 8 hours of sleep a night (that rarely happens for me - 7 is about the most I get). It is important not to sleep too long though because our metabolism is fast, many calories will be burned during sleeping and the body will need to get those calories for energy and will begin to take them from muscle tissue if no other source is available.

Eating: 6 small meals a day, 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Keep protein to no more than 25% of total caloric intake. Carbs should make up 50-60% of daily intake. Keep fat to no more than 20% of daily intake. (I have noticed after keeping food logs that this works for me the best - low fat, high protein, more carbs). I'm at my best if I keep my carbs below 200 grams for the day. Drink plenty of water!

Deanie - Hope you get to work at your nursery school next year. You seem very happy there. Glad you had a good time with Step Blast. I always do. Do you do it on 6" or 8"? Enjoy coffee with the girls.

Gin - Glad you finally got Bryan. Energize is the beginner level (although I don't think it's totally beginner), Tone is intermediate and Sweat is the advanced. Have a great visit with your parents. Maybe you could take Bryan with you since it doesn't need any equipment (well, except a mat). I'm going to be doing the P90X rotation. Tony Horton is the instructor. It is a system from Beachbody. Since Deanie doesn't have P90X, she's trying to put together a "faux" P90X rotation with Cathe's workouts. Deanie is basically using the Gym Styles and Pure Strength along with kickboxing, the IMAXes and yoga. P90X is an intense strength training program with little cardio which seems to suit my body type just fine.

Tracee/Jennifer - Have a great day and hope you get your workouts in. Tracee: How is your family doing? Are they all back to normal?

Sorry for the long post again but I thought the info I found would be helpful since most of us are ectos (sorry, Deanie :( :( ).

BBL. Have a great day.

Marcy

Deanie:

In answer to your question:

Day 1 of weeks 1-3 and 5-7 which is chest and back is supposed to be repeated like this: 2,1,4,3,6,5,8,7,10,9,12,11. For instance, it seems like you're doing chest first, then back, so now it's going in reverse order, first back, then chest. Instead of doing the drop set of pushups all at once, you might want to spread them out like Tony does and do all the different kinds - standard, military, wide fly, decline, diamond and divebomber. These are all the pushups in Chest & Back. This is the order of the workout:

1. Standard push-up
2. Wide front pull-up
3. Military pushup
4. Reverse grip chi-up
Mini Stretch
5. Wide fly pushup
6. Closed grip overhand pullup
7. Decline pushup
8. Heavy pants
Mini stretch
9. Diamond pushup (your favorite!}( }( )
10. Lawnmower
11. Dive-Bomber pushup
12. Back Fly
Repeat

Instead of doing all the sets at once, you might want to only do one set first, then when it repeats you do your second and third sets. Tony's workouts seem to just move quickly from one exercise to the next. I think you wind up with more energy to lift heavier because he switches to another body part so the first body part is able to rest longer.

Day 3 does not get repeated.

I used to play Mah Jongg when I was little. Sounds like fun.

Marcy

Okay, (big sigh)
Here are my ?'s. I can do like you said, adding in the pushups instead of the weight work and those specific pushups are good for me... but then,
* no weight work for chest?
* And I doing back with weights, but only one set, and get another set in when I go around again. Correct?
* For day 3, should I be doing 2 or 3 sets at a time, or just one set?
* How many sets of each type of push up is there?
* weeks 5-7 day 1 is chest, shoulders, tri. Is it just push ups that week also? and does that get repeated?

I can't thank you enough for all your help. Somehow this is much more complicated than I envisioned. (I was just going to copy Kathryns faux P90X :) )

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
I am going to work on this now, and I'll post what I have soon.

Deanie

Gin- I am in a good mood today!! I was excited to be asked by the director about next year. I'm hoping for 3 or 4 days (working with the 3 year olds) but I told her if she needed me 5 days, I would. The 5 day program is with 4 year olds. I like both ages, its the extra day I'm not thrilled with.

Jennifer- Have fun with KPC tonight! I've been to King of Prussia mall (used to live in south Jersey) it is HUGE! I'm sure you'll find something there to wear!

Marcy- Where did you find all that info about your body type? On a website? I am a meso-endo, but alot of that info seemed to be true for me also. My body does well with carbs, less cardio, and I also need 8 hours of sleep. I am curious to see what info there is for my body type.

Deanie

1. You are correct. No weight work for chest. Just the various types of pushups.
2. Back - yes, back work has weights. With P90X, Tony has you pick what you want to do either 8-10 reps with your heaviest weight or 12-15 reps for moderate weight. I have to look at the workout but I think he only does 1 set and then when you repeat you do the next set.
3. Day 3 - For biceps he does an exercise called Twenty-One which seems like Cathe's crazy 8's. I think you could do that one one time through since it's like 3 sets in one. For what he calls a Strip-Set Curl, you do 8 standard bicep curls with heaviest possible weight and after a 10 second break, lower weight by 5 pounds and repeat and continue for a total of 4 rounds. You only do this once as well. I guess this is most like PUB. I think the rest you can do as you have listed. With P90X, Tony is always alternating body parts whereas Cathe exhausts you with an exercise until she goes on to the next exercise (doing all sets at once).
4. Pushups - You just do one set of each type of pushup. I think you just do as many as you can until failure. He usually asks you to pick how many you want to do.
5. Weeks 5-7 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps - Again, only pushups are done for chest. No, they don't get repeated. They are:

(a) Plange - hands placed farther back to rib cage with fingers pointing out. At top of pushup, round your back like in cat stretch.
(b) Floor fly - military width to wide pushup. At top of narrow push-up position, slide hand out while keeping the opposite hand stationary. When reaching wide position, perform push-up movement, then return to start (narrow) position and repeat. Do 4 reps right, 4 reps left. Use a towel for hardwood floor; heavy-duty cardboard or plastic plate for carpet.
(c) Two twitch speed pushup - perform 4 fast and 3 slow standard pushups. Fast are fast and furious and slow are 4 counts up, 4 counts down. Do as many as you can.
(d) Side to side pushup - wide feet, wide hand position; walk both hands to right, do pushup, then walk both hands to left and repeat. Each sequence equals 1 rep.
(e) One arm pushup - On knees (separated as far as possible), place push-up hand on floor below shoulder. Place other arm behind back. Go as low as you can go to where you can still get back up. Partial range of motion works with this exercise. Switch hands every other rep.
(f) Clap or Plyo Pushup - Clap hands in mid-air between pushups. Keep knees on floor if needed.
(g) One arm balance pushup - Perform pushup, then twist up with one arm to perform one-arm balance. Look at the thumb of your skyward arm. Hold on for a beat. Come back down and repeat on other side. Do one pushup between each balance.

Okay, that's it. Your welcome. Kind of slow at work. Besides, it's getting me more familiar with everything. I'll be an expert by the time I start! BBL.

Marcy

Okay, those push ups look hard! I'm going to do weight work on weeks 5-7. For some reason the push ups on weeks 1-3 don't phase me, don't know why. ( for weeks 5-7, I may substitute 1 set of 16 reps of standard push ups and then decline push ups instead of the bench press and flyes- I wonder if that would be okay)

Okay, this is it!!!!
The moment we've all (I hope) have been waiting for :) :)

Faux P90X rotation using Cathe
Push ups to failure
Weeks 1-3
Day 1 GS chest, back and abs
Standard push up
Dumbbell row
Military push up
1 arm row
Wide fly push up
Decline push ups
BB pullover
Diamond push ups
Back extension
Dive bomber Push ups
back side rotation

Dumbbell row
Standard push up
1 arm row
Military push up
Wide fly push up
BB pullover
Decline push ups
Back extension
Diamond Push ups
Back side rotation

Day 2 Imax rotate using 1, 2, 3

Day 3 GS shoulders, bi, tri and abs
Overhead dumbbell press
Barbell curl
Close grip press
Overhead dumbbell press
Barbell curl
Close grip press

Lateral raise
Dumbbell partial curl
Dips (weight on lap)
Lateral raise
Dumbbell partial curl
Dips (weight on lap)

Band lateral raise
Concentration curl
Lying extension
Band lateral raise
Concentration curl
Lying extension

Band front raise
Curl turn down
Overhead extension
Band front raise
Curl turn down
Overhead extension

Rear dumbbell flye
Hammer curl
Cross body extension with weights
Rear dumbbell flye
Hammer curl
Cross body extension with band

Band rear flye
Wrist curl
Kickbacks with dumbbells (both arms at once)
Band rear flye
Wrist curl
Kickbacks with band

CTX kick box and ME abs/ PH and SJP abs

Day 4 Yoga
Day 5 B&G leg blast premix- w/o heavy weights, L&G, LM blasts only & KM leg drills
Day 6 KPC or CK
Day 7 off

Recovery weeks 4, 8, & 13
Yoga
Coremax (2 segments) or Pilates
Stretch
KM boot camp
Pilates
Yoga
Off

Weeks 5-7
Day 1 PS chest, shoulders and tri and abs
Decline pushups (3 sets)
Arnold press (2 sets)
Close grip press (3 sets)
Bench press (1 set light, 2 sets heavy)
Clean and press (2 sets)
Dumbbell French press
Flye (2 sets)
Standing side laterals
Cross body extensions
Incline chest press
Reverse flyes
Kickbacks
Incline chest flyes
Seated laterals
Dips with barbell in lap
15 min ab work of choice

Day 2 Imax 1, 2, 3

Day 3 PS back and bi and abs
T bar rows (3 sets)
Bent over rows (3 sets)
Barbell curls (2 sets)
Seated dumbbell curls
Shrugs (2 sets)
One arm rows (3 sets)
Negative curls (2 sets)
Concentration curls (2 sets)

Day 4 Yoga
Day 5 B&G leg blast premix- w/o heavy weights, L&G, LM blasts only & KM leg drills
Day 6 KPC or CK
Day 7 Off

Weeks 9 & 11
Same as weeks 1-3

Weeks 10 & 12
Same as weeks 5-7

This is as close as I think we can get. What do you all think? I figure if I/we hate it after one week, we can just go back to using GS and PS as produced for the weeks indicated (my original plan, but I'm WAY more excited to try this that we've worked out!!!)}( }(

I'm looking to start April 9th. Is everyone In? Does that work for you all? I hope so. I will be finished this rotation I'm doing now the same time as you all, then I wanted to take a week of recovery (my parents will be here) and start up.

Have a good one--
Deanie

Jen - I'm sorry I must have been posting the same time you were and missed your post. Good work on eating! I love Kashi cereal. Heart to Heart and Go Lean Crunch are my favorites. Good luck finding a dress tonight. I've heard of Super Callanetics but have never done it. Is it like Pilates? Enjoy KPC tonight. I always do.

Deanie - I was hoping to start April 2nd but seeing how sore I am I think a recovery week will do me good. Maybe I'll do the X recovery week to ease me into it. I got the body type info at bodybuildingpro.com. I think bodybuilding.com is also a good website. It gives demos of all exercises. It's been awhile since I've done PH abs so I've forgotten what exercises she does. For abs, I think ME, BC and Muscle Max abs might be really good to substitute for Ab Ripper X. I think what you said about the pushups should be fine. Maybe you could alternate different pushups each week. I think you did a really good job with the rotation. I hope it works. I think you might want to give it more than a week. I would try to make it through the first four weeks and then see if you want to continue. Since it's a different type of working out, I think you have to give it a reasonable amount of time to see if it's working.

I'm really looking forward to doing the X with you. I'm going to order my Door Gym today. I checked my measurements of the doors at home and I think it will work.

Marcy

Marcy- Thanks again for all the help!!:D Here is my last and final question (I promise!) Should I do ME, BC and MM all together for a total of 15 min? I'm thinking maybe an MM/ME combo and another time an MM/BC combo. I think you are right, one week is not enough to tell any results. I am worried about the lack of using weights when I've been lifting for the past couple of months! Congrats on ordering your Door Gym!! I hope it works for you! I am off to bodybuildingpro.com!!

I also am really looking forward to doing the faux;-) P90X with you!

Have a great weekend!

Deanie

PS- thinking of posting this on the rotations forum... there were others who were interested in a faux rotation.

Hi again -

Jen: Congratulations on finding a dress. Where did you find it? Sorry, I've never done the Tank Top rotation. Maybe you could post on the Rotations Forum and see if anyone got any results or you might want to do a search for Tank Top rotation. I think there might have been some past posts about it.

Deanie: I was looking at the Cathe Compendium. Since you're so lucky and have all of Cathe's DVDs, I saw Ab Hits has combos for between 10 and 15 minutes. I think ME, BC and MM are Cathe's toughest abs so maybe you could alternate them. I think Core Max 1 would also be pretty good. That one comes in at 20 minutes and I think has a lot of good stuff in it.

ME is 9 1/2 mins., MM is 10 mins. and BC is 10 3/4 mins. I think that should be enough.

It might not be a bad idea about posting this on the forum unless you want to wait and see how it works out for you. Let me know what you find out on the website.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Marcy--Thanks for posting all the info on body types. I am a meso/endo, so I am going to look up the info on that. Also thanks for the info on Bryan. I plan to do one segment in a minute and take it with me to my parent's next week.

Deanie--Thanks for figuring out the faux P90X rotation. How do we use Cathe's dvds doing this? I am game if I am able to do it using her workouts.
Sounds as if you will be a great teacher. You already know the school so well having subbed there so much. What are the hours?

Jennifer--I used to do Callanetics YEARS ago. Is this with Callan Pickney? It was tough for me then. I'm sure I was in my 20's!

Not really so funny thing happened today at school----We were celebrating a birthday and I lit the #5 candle on the little sand cake and threw the match in the trash. Only the match wasn't out completely, so we had a little fire. I ran the trash can outside and put the fire out. I know the kids won't forget that excitement.:eek:

Gin

Hi everyone. I only have a quick second to peek in here. I'm swamped at work because one of our employees' wives had a baby today so I'm filling in. I have to come in and work tomorrow too. :-( That will get me motivated to get up and get my workout done early though.

Today was a scheduled rest day for me. I think tomorrow is some kind of cardio, LIC maybe?

Sounds like everyone is doing great with their workouts.

Marcy - thank you so much for posting all that info about ectos. I've never heard of some of those exercises like donkey whatever? Glad to know that cardio should be limited, it is the think I hate the most. ;-)

Have a great weekend. I'll be working, going to my sons basketball game and then my father in laws birthday on Sunday.

Tracee

Gin- I'm a meso/endo also! I started to go to the website and got sidetracked. The hours are 9-12 at the nursery school and if I want to do enrichment classes they are 12-2. Not bad :) My DH is going to burn the dvds to match the rotation. For the pushups, I'm going to have him burn the first set of 16 on the GS C&T workout so I have a guideline/something to follow.

Jennifer- congrats on finding a dress. Have agreat weekend!

Tracee- sorry you have to work this weekend :(

Marcy- Yes, I have the Cathe compend. also, I will check it out and maybe rotate the ab work. I will post the rotation on the forum probably tomorrow.

Have a good weekend all-
Deanie

Tracee - I'm sure you remember doing donkey kicks (like in Jane Fonda). Go on all fours and lift one leg out to the side and down. Cathe does them in Butts & Guts with the ankle weights. There is a lot more of info about our body type at bodybuilding.com regarding training and diet. You should check it out. Sorry you have to work this weekend. Sounds like you're going to very busy. Hope you get to workout.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.