dating disasters

divagirl

Cathlete
Anyone else out there dating? I am having disaster after disaster.

A recent date told me I had a pudgy butt after I told him I didn't want to date him anymore.

The last guy I've been dating has been taking offense to the fact that my dog hasn't warmed up to him. I went to get a treat to lure my dog out of a room so we could have some privacy and when I came back the guy was trying to drag him out by his collar. I told the guy to stop because the dog might bite him and he called my dog a jerk out of anger, then proceeded to tell me I had no control over my dog at all and the dog was moody and set the mood in the room. WTF?#%$^ I showed the guy the door. Geesh!

I'M SO TIRED OF DATING....I feel like Charlotte from SATC when she said "Where is he already?"

I feel for ya. I'm glad you showed that guy to the door! Keep on truckin', girl. They're out there.

I happened to luck out somehow and have a really awesome SO. He's so good with/for me AND my kids. I'm hoping it's a permanent thing (shhhhhh).

Gayle

I'm dating someone now that is a great guy. I met him after I finally decided to "give up on dating for a bit"! Guess that's the best time to meet someone: when we aren't "looking"!

I had a date tell me once that I was too independent! One example, he didn't like it that I could take down cupboard doors, sand & paint them, and put them back up with new hinges, all without a man's help! lol Plus, I painted all of the interior wood.

I've been dating someone now who treats me like a princess! Honestly, I'm not used to it! We've been horseback riding about every weekend. Next week, he trusts me to drive his truck and "new" 40 ft. horse trailer with full living quarters/expando down to Brown County, Indiana to camp over the holiday weekend. He'll be working down there next week so we are meeting him down there! That will be an adventure for me!

~~Patti~~

>I'm dating someone now that is a great guy. I met him after
>I finally decided to "give up on dating for a bit"! Guess
>that's the best time to meet someone: when we aren't
>"looking"!
>
>I had a date tell me once that I was too independent! One
>example, he didn't like it that I could take down cupboard
>doors, sand & paint them, and put them back up with new
>hinges, all without a man's help! lol Plus, I painted all of
>the interior wood.
>
>I've been dating someone now who treats me like a princess!
>Honestly, I'm not used to it! We've been horseback riding
>about every weekend. Next week, he trusts me to drive his
>truck and "new" 40 ft. horse trailer with full living
>quarters/expando down to Brown County, Indiana to camp over
>the holiday weekend. He'll be working down there next week so
>we are meeting him down there! That will be an adventure for
>me!
>
>
>
>
>~~Patti~~

Does he have a brother? I was just wondering.

OMG I was so done with dating by the time I met DH a few years ago. Let's see, there was the guy who considered "dinner" whiskey shots and weed, the guy who had some strange lumpy stuff that looked like peanut butter in his hair, the guy who wore nail polish and informed me he was reading "Mary Poppins" and really enjoying it, and the guy who on the first date rushed me through dinner, attempted to shoulder his way into my apartment when he dropped me off, and then demanded I pay for my share of dinner when I wouldn't let him in because he wouldn't have treated if he'd known I was "frigid." x( Oh and I can't leave out another first date winner, we were standing in line at MOMA and I offered him a Life Saver - "would you like a mint? - and he SUCKED IT OFF MY FINGER instead of just taking it. GAAAAAG.

I feel for ya. A good guy will show up though, when you least expect it.

Sparrow

OMG these are funny. I haven't dated in awhile because I've always seemed to be in a relationship...since HIGH SCHOOL!!! But still...too funny about the finger sucking. :D

the finger sucking was about the funniest thing I've heard all day!

No dating horror stories here! I was 15 when DH and I went on our first date. Next week we celebrate 9 years of marriage! I'm getting O.L.D.!!! I know many of you here have me beat on the marriage length, it's just so hard to believe how fast time flies!

divagirl you go girl I would have booted him out too!
PS I love SATC
Kate I think I have you beat on years of marriage 16 years for me

Boy, I can relate! I've been single for 2 yrs now after 26 yrs of marriage. Dating is unbelievably WEIRD!!! Of course, last time I dated was the disco era...
My single friends do the internet thing, I can't bring myself to do that, so I have just been 'laying low' and learning how to do everything on my own. By the way, I'm having a grand 'ol time!
Beth

I hear ya. I am soooo sick of dating. I feel the same way as you it seems like I just have disaster after disaster.Like one guy who I went on a lunch date with. He seemed normal and we had nice time (or so I thought). I texted my friends afterwards and even told them I would go out with him again. Well until he texted me. The bridged version is it seemed to me he was determined to start drama over nothing. He accused me of "rushing out on him" when I was like I stayed for two hours he brought up something else that I did that he felt wronged by. It just seemed like he just wanted to argue me into submission or something. haha So I got sick of arguing with some guy who obviously had issues and just started to ignore him. He kept trying to get a hold of me because he wanted to make sure there were "no hard feelings" in his words. Well when I did not respond he told him I seemed "out of it anyway". It just seemed like he kept wanting to bait me to argue with him and I did not get why. Insults and attitude is not the way to win me over.

The pre dating is almost as bad. I am using a popular internet site and it seems guys like to hide behind a computer and say things to women that they would not dare say in person. Do not even get me started on the double standards a lot of men on that site have. I do not know. I just keep going out on dates and being myself. Both my Mom and Sister have wonderful SOs that treat them really well and I am hoping to find the same someday. I have a pretty full life and am ok being single it just gets lonely sometimes.

Well, at least you didn't date someone who got MARRIED while they were dating you. Oh yes. That happened to me. I had no idea. One of his friends had to enlighten me. I guess he felt sorry for me. Then when I confronted him, he lied about it. Sheesh.

Ok ladies....I have to share this to make us all feel better! I got this in an email shortly after I became single a couple of month ago... I read it when I start to feel down about the "man" situation.

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'

The girl said 'NO!' And she lived happily ever-after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, traveled more, had many lovers, didn't save money, and had all the hot water to herself. She went to the theater, never watched sports, never wore friggin' lacy lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked fabulous in sweat pants and was pleasant all the time.

The End. :7

Ah, what fun! While I have many stories to share, here's my favorite:

There was a guy from my gym who'd been pursuing me for years. First I was dating someone else. Then I was recovering from a breakup. Finally, after knowing this guy for about 3 years, even meeting his teenaged daughters & really hitting it off w/them, I agreed to meet him for lunch.

We met one place & took his car to a restaurant. While he was describing his 6 BR, 5 bath home I asked him why he needed a house that big, didn't his girls live with his ex-wife?

His response: "I never told you I was divorced." WTH???????????? Boy, if I had my car I'd have left right then & there, instead I had to suffer through the rest of the lunch & the old BS line, "I'm just waiting for the right woman to leave my wife." Well it ain't me buddy! x(

ETA: divagirl, the way a date behaves around my dogs is THE ultimate test for me. And remember: the dogs will be there long after the man. I've learned the hard way to never change the way I treat my pets just b/c a man wants me to!

Shelley, you've mentioned this before. I know I shouldn't laugh, but OH. MY. GAWD!!!

Look, at the July RT, you'd better be ready to spill it ALL! I want to hear more about this. If you have any pics of him, BRING 'EM! I just can't get over that he got married while you were dating!ROTFLMAO!!! Would LOVE to see what he looks like so I can put a face to this guy!:7 :7

I agree Laura....VERY important how a date treats your pets. It speaks volumes!!!! I think my dog picks up on bad behaviors before I do....haha. He didn't warm up to him for good reason.

>I agree Laura....VERY important how a date treats your pets.
>It speaks volumes!!!! I think my dog picks up on bad
>behaviors before I do....haha. He didn't warm up to him for
>good reason.

This is TRUE! Many years ago I dated a guy who eventually proved to be trouble. We were sitting across from one another at the kitchen table, early in our relationship. My cat, Blossom, came right up, sat next to him and gave off a series of sharp, clipped meow's (very uncharacteristic). Then she went to his other side and did the same thing - the whole time, staring up at him with big, wide eyes. I didn't know what the heck was going on by I cracked "My cat doesn't like you" to which he replied "I'm not here to see your cat." Man, SHE KNEW.

LOL! Sparrow, you should have your own show on HBO. Oh my gosh, "frigid", I can't stop laughing. Were you able to tell your girlfriends that story with a straight face?

And yes Shelley, I've been "married on" as well. Definitely a WTF situation.

Can I seek a little advice here?

I just tried setting up my nephew on a blind date with my daughter's kindergarten teacher. When I first spoke to her, she seemed real into it and gave me her cell phone number. My nephew called last Monday, they spoke for a few minutes and she was going to call him back because she was on her way out. She never called. He called her again this past Monday and left a message and hasn't heard back from her.

I really feel bad!!! I wouldn't have put him in this situation unless I felt that it was a sure thing for at least a meeting and now I feel horrible.

Do you think she just got cold feet? Should he try calling one more time and then call it quits, or has he tried his best?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.