Damage Control

I'm still not better after a week of antibiotics. I went back to the Dr. yesterday and they tested me strep and Covid and both tests were negative. The ear infections still persists. They gave me a new prescription so hopefully I can feel better very soon.

How is your week going?

My week is ok. I got new glasses yesterday. They have an anti computer glare component in the lenses. My eyes have been so tired and blurry and I'm hoping this helps. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Your body is under so much stress. Rest as much as you can. I'm glad you tested negative for Covid-the long term effects of it can be awful.

I've been reading about radical acceptance to try to come to terms with my parent's decisions. I really like the idea. I think it'll help me accept DS1's way of life as well.

I got the pre-order email and have to decide what to get. I hadn't really considered the pre-mixes, but I use them on my DVD's a LOT. Maybe I'll wait to see what the premixes are-must be getting more patient!

Take Care,

Beth

I completed STS D33 SBT. I used 57.5# for the barbell curls-that definitely a max for me at 6 reps.

What are you up to?
I'm at 47.8 lbs. for squats and deadlifts, 32.8 lbs. for lunges and 37.8 lbs. for wide leg squats. My barbell was supposed to weigh 25 lbs. but it's actually 27.8 lbs. so that's why I have all the bizarre numbers. I have ordered a weight vest (12 lbs.) so I can lift more. Also, I'm 61 so I feel pretty good about my weight.

Well my workouts didn't go as planned. I'll have to finish STS tomorrow. I went to WW this morning and was up a bit which I already new. We ate out for every meal. I'm back to IF an tracking in both WW and Noom. I'm cancelling WW but have already paid for the next 4 weeks. Noom is pretty straight forward, but they have my calories at 1200, which is very low IMO.

You got a lot of great w/o's in this week!!! Hope you have a great time at dinner.
How does NOOM work exactly?

Well, Hello Suzie! Diana did NOOM for a while, so she'll have to fill you in on that. It sounds like your lifting is going really well. I'm a bit lighter on my weights. My goal is to not hurt myself anymore so I do more lighter weights with longer rep workouts. The Live workouts are really fun and Cathe takes breaks in them so we can all get a drink of water!

Diana, how are you feeling? Have you turned the corner on your infection? I hope so! How is your weekend. I feel like my weekends are mostly spent getting ready for the next work week with batch cooking, doing my wash, and working around the house. We did go to our library yesterday-not the same as before covid but we did check out the last season of Game of Thrones and started it last night.

Beth

Sorry I've been MIA. I had to take another certification test so I was studying for that. On top of that, our household is much busier with 7 people living here now. The girls have online school and take care of themselves for the most part. As always, work is stressful.

I'm doing much better with consistent workouts this month. This month I'm doing the LIHI weights from m Ripped with HIIT, and trying to get abs in each day or every other day. I also try to walk when it is not too hot or too cold. I'm following the meal plan I mentioned and am down 3 pounds. I'll take it.

We are having my MIL over for brunch tomorrow. I'm making an egg casserole with tri colored peppers, mushrooms and cheese. We are also making overnight french toast. DH is making bacon and hash browns and we will have a large selection of fruit. Not sure what dessert will be, but the girls asked for brownies. I was thinking of something much lighter than that. I'll find something.

How are things going with your parents? What are your Mothers's Day plans.

Well, things are still pretty awkward with my parents. But what do they expect? DH doesn't say much to them and I'm still feeling like I wish they hadn't told me what they were doing because it just ruined who I thought they were. Anyway...I had them over for brunch and haven't heard from them since. Which is ok.

DS2 called on Sunday and we talked for a long time. I can't wait to see him in June. Your brunch sounded yummy! And a full house is fun.

Not much else going on here. Doing as little workouts as possible while still working out. Work is stressful-my provider is trying to find new childcare so is stressed and b@#$%&y. Ugh.. I just try to get through each day. All I want to do is eat.

Off to take a shower and veg. Did Ramped Up Upper Body tonight after work-great workout. I ordered the new dvds and bands because I want the premixes! I wish Cathe had more chest/back workouts so I could just do large muscle groups when I feel like it.

Beth

I've been walking when it's nice. Only had a formal workout on Monday. I have to work tonight. I also had a periodontist appt today and will be having oral surgery next Thursday morning. It's a gum graft for gum recession. The stitches stay in for 2 weeks. I will be on a soft food diet for a couple weeks. Maybe that is what I need to get some of this weight off. :)

The girls mom juices and some of them are so good. Today I had beet and ginger juice. It is so delicious. I also had some celery juice earlier today. I need the fiber so would normally just add a 1/4 to 1/2 cup water and blend the celery. So far I'm really enjoying them.

Tonight is Food Truck night in our neighborhood. They come every other Thursday and it's nice not to have to cook anything. They have beef, chicken or pork tacos, and bunch of different chicken option. Just waiting for DH to get home to see what he wants.

We had a lovely brunch with my MIL. The girls did a scavenger hunt for their mom that ended with a pinata full of candy. We all had a great day.

Would you have rather found out your parents plans after they were gone? I'm sorry you are dealing with this stress. HUGS

ttyl

Good luck with the dental surgery. You can still eat lots of yogurt and roasted veggies anyway! The juices sound great as does food truck night. Last time in Cali DS2 had a food truck night-we got Greek and he got bar-b-que. Looking forward to seeing him in June!

Off to take a nap on Sunday...I'm just tired lately. Have a good week-

Beth

Last edited:
I had the oral surgery yesterday and slept most of the day yesterday. I iced off an on throughout the day. The pain has easily been managed with ibuprofen. I hope it stays this way. The day after is usually the worse for pain, but so far so good. My husband takes good care of me. He doesn't always feed me the best foods for aiding weight loss. I had cream of chicken soup that he added mushrooms and cheese to, and for dinner he made mac & cheese.

I'm working on a project at work and next week is another 4 days of training for another certification. I need to find a way to better manage this stress. Being a stress eater is not helping me. I do much better when I plan and prepare, but sometimes I just wiped out by the stress of day.

I'm on the hunt for a car. I'm thinking a Toyota 4runner or highlander. I love my Rogue, but DH drives it to work and leaves me he's giant truck that I'm not as comfortable driving. His truck is 2004 and it's about time to get rid of it, or just keep it for hauling things. I'm looking for something a little bigger than my Rogue. It's just a too small when we travel.

I do understand your frustration. {{HUGS}} What a nice vacation you have planned!

How are you feeling? I'm glad you had some down time-even though you had to have surgery for it! You take care of everybody all the time plus work and study. I think it's sweet your DH made you food! Did you get any walking it this weekend? I got two good walks and two weight workouts in. Last week I only got 1 weight work in-must have just needed a break.

I'm making a lentil Bolognese dish for dinner and to have leftovers for lunch this week. Not much else going on. Have a great week!

Beth

The mouth is healing nicely. I can only chew on one side which is very strange. I get the stiches out on Jun 3rd. The pain has been manageable with ibuprofen and I haven't had any in a couple of days.

The weather is here is really warming up, 70's to 80's. I workout if I can and walk in the evenings as my job allows. I worked 13 hours yesterday...and I'm not a nurse. I'm too old for this stress.

My manager was able to pull me out of the certification class I was scheduled for this week so I could work on a time sensitive project. It's been re-scheduled for July.

We finally were able to purchase a sectional for the basement and it arrived today! We can finally watch TV down there. The boys would roll out their gaming chairs from their rooms to watch tv.

Hope your week is going well!

Must be a run on going to the dentist. I chipped some enamel off my front tooth Monday night so had an emergency repair of that on Wednesday. All is good now. How are you?

Do you have the perfect 30 workouts? I might get the weight ones. This week was just walks and a 30 minute live leg express workout on Tuesday and PUB just pyramid up premix-without the abs! I think that clocked in at 28 minutes before the final stretch. For some reason I'm just beat during the week.

This weekend should be fun, though. I'm going to a wedding reception Saturday and Sunday to a picnic at my parent's house. Monday is a holiday so the office is closed. I'm going to do laundry and pack for our trip since we leave next Saturday bright and early! We're looking at activities to do out there and will be able to bike the golden gate bridge into Sausolito(sp?) if I can convince DH to get on a bike. We are planning on biking Sunday after the picnic as a trial run.

I hope you have some down time to recoup!

Beth

I'm so excited to have some time off. Our community pool opens today and the girls are very excited to go. Me, not so much. I tried on a couple of my swimming suits and will have order some in a larger size. Very frustrating to say the least. I guess I had a good run of wearing the same size for many years. Now well into my mid 50's, things are shifting and not in figure flattering way. Time to buy some grandma swimsuits.

We don't have any real plans this weekend. I have a few extra days off this next week too. I hope to get the single car garage bay cleaned out. We still have boxes there that we never unpacked since moving. We think it is mostly garage stuff. I'll get rid of the boxes and the junk this week. When I get a car, I'll need a place to park it.

I haven't been on my bike in a very long time. I'll probably just get a trainer for it and take it to my workout room and use it for the Cathe spin workouts.

No, I don't have the perfect 30 workouts. I do like the pyramid wo's. I just have so many DVD's I can't really justify buying more. I should probably sell most of the step workouts since those are really bothersome for my knee.

Enjoy your picnic!! It sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. It will be so nice to get out and about after the year we've had!

OMG I so want to retire. I really like being at home. The wedding was a chilly event on Sat-outdoors. Sunday was at my mom's and it was only 50 so we ended up having the meal inside. I'm not sure I even want a relationship with them anymore...feel like they were not fair and equal and I don't know if I can get past it. It was pretty awkward and I don't think they'll be in touch anytime soon. I'm relieved about that. I know they think I'm being ridiculous in not accepting their decision. Maybe I am. But then they can accept mine.

Today I did a good cleaning. DH tries, but it's just not the same. He's a better "helper" at cleaning. I'm thinking of taking over the vacuuming again on Friday nights. I did that when he broke his hip. We had a fire in the fireplace on Saturday and watched the final of the champion's league. So I cleaned out the fireplace as well.

Beth

No workout to report yesterday or today. I did get some good workouts in the week I was off. Although I had a few days off last week, I feel like I need more days off. It would be so nice to work part-time, but that isn't in the cards.

Our landscaping is supposed to start this week and we are also having a home inspection this week. The landscapers pushed us out 2 weeks due to some rain. I should probably email the to make sure they are starting this week/weekend. We are having a home inspection and sewer scope prior to our one year warranty. If they find anything now, it will be up to the builder to fix. If we find it later, it's on us. Hopefully all goes well.

This is the last week of school for the girls. It's nice having a community pool they can walk to and go swimming everyday. This is the kind of community I wanted to live in when my kids were little.

I am thankful to have someone clean every other week, especially since DH went back to work full time. He did most of it when he was only working 3 days. I did the 3 bathrooms and he did the rest. :)

We had a little tornado action near the house yesterday. I'll text you some pictures.

I'm sorry for what you are going through with your parents. You've done your best to be understanding and they have clearly made up their mind. All you can do is make peace with your decision and move on. Big hugs though, I know it is hard.

Are you back from your trip?

Hi!

We are now back from our trip and it was wonderful. DS2 is loving life and living in downtown San Fran suits him We got to meet his girlfriend, hike, walk tons of city streets, spend a day in the wine country, visit a Japanese Tea Garden, eat lots of great food, and hand out with him and his dog. We got back late Wednesday night and recovered yesterday. The city was nice, but it's also nice to be home where there's not as much traffic and I have my pillow! We're not planning any more travel now until Covid precautions are completely lifted though.

How was your week? My gosh-a tornado! I would not have thought that would happen with the mountains of Colorado! How did the home inspection go? On our home front we finally got the railing installed to get into the house. It is a nice, black railing and completed the front step project. We're in line to get the house pained this summer and that's as much as we have planned. The wish list is endless of course!

It's Friday so I'm going to clean today. Tomorrow I'm going on a local wine tour with girls from work.

Beth

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Did you check out Lombard St.? It's a hilly city for sure, I've been there many times. So glad you got to catch up with your son and meet his girlfriend.

It has been a very stressful week and I have not worked out since Sunday. I did go play in the pool with the girls today on my lunch hour though. It is their last day of school and their mom is taking them out to dinner.

The home inspection went really well. Nothing terrible on it. Some roof damage possibly from the solar installers. We have 3 undermount sinks, one in the kitchen and the two secondary bathrooms that need to sealed. A few other minor things that we will send on to our warranty rep to get them repaired before the 1 year warranty.

The landscaper came by today and started getting things marked and prepped. He said it would take 7-10 days to complete. Hopefully it will turn out great.

I have 2 more weeks of work then we are heading up to our condo in the mountains with the girls.

ttyl

Started getting up an hour earlier. We'll see how it goes! Monday I did Total Body Trisets-lower body before work. Then walked to work. Felt good, but ate some candy late afternoon at work-today I'll pack a snack for that time to avoid that! Today I am just doing a load of wash and enjoying my coffee early. I'm hoping to do a Low Impact HiiT after work. With my weight gain, I'm adding extra cardio.

Last night was Wine and Design. It was so much fun! My picture is kind of impressionistic/abstract and I think it looks ok. I'll text you a picture of it. We put it up on the mantle last night. Saturday's wine tour was pretty fun too. There were 15 girls.

Glad the inspection went well. We did go on Lombard Street! According to my phone over 10,000 steps on Saturday and Monday when we basically walked around to see the sites.

Beth

I couldn't keep up the 5:30 wake ups. I am just stuck in the rut of walking and doing weights 4x/week. It's the only schedule that is doable right now.

Are you on vacation at the cabin? How is work going?

Not a whole lot new here. Just getting through the week! Tomorrow night is bridge which is always fun.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.