Damage Control

People are stocking up here, too. One person I know bought 98 rolls of toilet paper. Bridge and book club are cancelled indefinitely. Schools here are all closed for two weeks. DS2 is working from home in San Fran. I'm hoping I don't get infected and bring it home.

What did your sister have surgery for? I hope she gets better (and out of the hospital) soon. Sounds like a lot of functional fitness for you with the room change! It all counts.

We got our taxes done yesterday. I also did my wash and made a pot of soup. This week's series is X-train. So I did AOLIH. That is a great workout! DH and I have been walking, too. He had his annual physical last week and is now on a diet.

I don't know what I'm going to do today. I will probably do Cardio Leg Blast-just the weight sections and walk.

Stay healthy!

Beth

I've been keeping up with my workouts but may need to dial it back a bit. The workouts I'm doing are really pushing me, maybe too much so. No, the girls aren't coming, but their bedroom is ready for them. I'm not sure how long I will manage in the basement. I will probably have my son move be back upstairs for now.

All our schools, gyms, daycare's and many of our city/county offices are closed. Schools were originally slated to be closed until 30th, but it has been extended to April 17th. One of our employees tested positive and they have closed that building and everyone is working remote. I've been on the hunt for TP for a week now. We aren't completely out, but will be soon.

My sister had her parathyroid removed. It was 20 times the size it should be and had a benign tumor. Her incision is much larger than I was anticipating, about 4-5 inches. She is out of the hospital now and at home recovering.

How are things going for you, working in a dr. office? That recipe looks good. I'm going to give that a try. Let me know how it is.

Hi. Sounds like things are as scary out there as it is here. We are more or less home bound. I do go to work and am exhausted when the day is over. There are so many changes to our routines at work. We're testing people and trying to keep everyone from getting sick. Did you find TP? We're stocking up on a few things, but not going crazy like I see some people. DH watched one person put 15 gallons of milk in their cart. Does it freeze? Glad your sister is home and out of the hospital!

I'm working out when I feel like it. That vegetarian chili was awesome. We're making a double batch next time!

Thinking about you often...I'm really just beat after work and by the time I walk or do some weights and eat dinner it's late and I go to bed!

Beth

We are home bound here too. Our sump pump failed and made a horrible mess in the basement. We had to go to 3 stores to get a rug dr. to suck out all the water. We've had fans going since Saturday night and it is still really humid down there. Today we are going to rent or buy a de-humidifier and see if that will take care of it. I've been able to do modified workouts with the space I have right now. I'm also getting out and walking when I can. The weather is nice today but I think it is supposed to snow tomorrow or the next day.

I did find TP, they were limiting it to one pack per customer. I'm not sure if you can freeze milk, I would think so though.

Hi! Glad to hear you found TP. Too bad about the basement. Did you have to get a new pump?

Work is giving people time off with pay for two weeks before they will have to collect unemployment. I am off at least through next Friday (started today) unless someone gets sick and I have to take their place. We're not seeing regular patients, so there is not the need for som many providers and nurses. My provider is doing telemed from her home through next week and may be asked to work at one of the system's hospitals. Taking it day by day.

Today we deep cleaned our bedroom and weeded out some stuff. I have two boxes for GoodWill! Off to do a workout. I'm thinking Legs...

Beth

Well we finally got the basement dried out. It smelled pretty bad for a couple days but all seems to be good right now. We did not need a new pump, the float got stuck and that allowed the sump pump to overflow and water to seep through floor and into the carpet. Pretty much finished packing up the basement. There wasn't much down there anyway, but it's been packed up. I'm just going to continue purging and packing and hope for the best when this pandemic is over.

I've been doing TheWkout 30 day cardio/strength challenge this month. I'm ready to do some heavier lifting with Cathe and some HIIT cardio. Today I did Imax 3 1-5 and LIHI CST. I expect to be very sore tomorrow. Tomorrow will be legs, either circuit or straight weights. I need to get my eating under control. I've just been eating a bunch of crap and drinking too much wine. April will be no alcohol for me. DS2 bought me a case of wine and I was having a glass nearly every night. Not terrible, but not necessary either.

Everyone in my house is considered essential. We are all working and that is great. DS3 works at the tire store and they are limiting hours, but still working. DS2 does tech support and DS1 just starting working for a new home builder.

Enjoy your time off and stay healthy. It's nice that you are getting 2 weeks of pay. I know our unemployment site has been overloaded and is often down with all the requests coming in. Are your kids still working? Colorado has a Stay Home order in place.

ttyl

I've been doing IF since being home. I eat between noon and 7. No alcohol April...maybe I'll join you!

I'll bet you were sore today Imax 3 is a monster and so is LIHI workouts! I've been doing a lot of walking with DH and weights with Cathe-PUB on Saturday, Split Fit legs premix of 2 times through the leg exercises yesterday, and Live Low Impact Conditioning Express today.

I'm going through drawers and hope to get to closets during this time off. I made the vegetarian chili again today. It's nice being able to relax a bit. I haven't told anyone here I'm off. Both the boys are still working-both at home. DS1 loves it. DS2 not so much. He's been training for a Spartan Race and went to Yosemite last weekend. Glad to hear your guys are all working.

Stay home and wash your hands a lot!

Beth

Yesterday I went for walk/jog to see how my knee would hold up. I'm a bit sore, but not too bad. No workout today though. We finally got someone out here today to give us an estimate on the gutters. Happy to report they will be replaced next Friday at a reasonable price. Next is to schedule the deck and then the interior painting. I pretty much follow noon-7 or 11-7 or 8. It's pretty easy to do although I fallen off the IF window as of late too. My weight is going in the wrong direction and much of is my stress eating. It's a work in process with everything that is going on.

Forgot to mention, our kitchen sink isn't draining. DH bought a snake and snaked it. Still not working. Called someone to snake it with industrial snake, still not working. They think one of the brackets that holds the pipe in place may have broken and the pipe has lost it's slope so it isn't draining. DH has to cut into the drywall in the basement to see if that's the case. They said there should be a bracket every 4 feet. This means we may need 1 to 4 squares cut out of the drywall. Then we will need to have the drywall repaired and the basement painted. Honestly, we need a break from all these issue. On the upside, all my family is safe and healthy at this time.

Well you are certainly getting a lot accomplished on your time off. PUB is awesome, those biceps at the end are super tough. I would do the abs at the beginning because my arms were too fried by the end.

ttyl

This morning I did a BR circuit and LIHI BSB. My biceps are so weak, and my left side is my weaker than my right. STS really helps eliminate these imbalances. I'm going to stick LIHI weights for a few weeks though. I was able to maintain my previous weights for everything except biceps. I'm tracking all my food in WW and doing IF this month to see if I can get the scale moving in the right direction. I'm working on eliminating mindless and stress eating, self sabotage-it needs to stop.

DH cut out the ceiling in a several sections and we do not see anything wrong with the pipe and the brackets are intact. I'm having to wash dishes in the bathroom sink. DH is going to snake the drain again today and we are getting some enzyme drain cleaner to see if that helps.

I'll probably spend a couple hours packing later today. It's so boring being home all the time. I just keep repeating Staying home saves lives.

What are your weekend plans?

Hi.

I am gaining weight, too. I don't understand it. I'm walking at least 10,000 steps a day, drinking a ton of water, sleeping in, eating fiber, doing some days of IF, and moving throughout the day (cleaning a lot). I'm doing weights most days and am getting frustrated with the scale. I should probably try a pair of jeans on to see if anything fits. I've been living in sweats and pajamas. My hair is down to the middle of my back. I can't believe I had a bob last March for the 20's party!

LIHI is fun to do. You'll get your weights back up in no time. Maybe I should start tracking, too. I just hate doing that. It's a chore just writing down which workout I do some days. What are you packing up? I took a third box out to the car yesterday to donate. I've pretty much gone through the downstairs, my bedroom, and the bathrooms. Maybe we'll tackle the basement? It's daunting for sure. Be glad you got through yours!

Good luck with the drain and the snakes and all. We've had similar issues. I'll never forget the time the water came up through the washing machine. That took an industrial snake from borough all the way to the road...through roots, etc. What a nightmare that was.

I ordered a pair of curtains from Amazon last night. Just one to see if we want to use them in our living room. This weekend's plans: stay away from people! (Besides DH and DS1 of course!)

Hope you're doing well,

Beth

Well I managed a workout this morning but wasn't really feeling it. DH ordered mexican food for dinner last night and I completely overate. That hasn't happened in a very long time. I felt miserable. I've been getting in a workout and walking most days. I have a calendar in my basement where I write down what I do each day. I print off the calendar every year and have been doing this for many years. It helps me balance out the body parts I'm working since I can't remember if I don't write it down. I hear you on the tracking, I just want to be at goal and not have to track every morsel.

The plumber is coming again tomorrow so hopefully we can get this resolved. I need my kitchen sink and dishwasher. We are also getting the new gutters installed on Friday, weather permitting. Next up is porch step replacement and refinishing/refurbishing the front deck.

I have a shelving unit that I use that our real estate agent would like us to take out. Seriously, I'm using it. I'm going to try to pack up what isn't being used and see if I can use the TV stand cabinet to put the things I need in there. We are trying shore everything up so we can get the inside painted as soon as possible. Then we will need the prof pictures taken and we will be on our way. It's looking like mid May or June now depending on how the housing market reacts to this virus. It doesn't help that DS2 is planning on moving back the end of May.

Are your donation sites open? Ours are closed right now. I'm going stir crazy being home all the time. Stay home and stay healthy.

ttyl

No, our donation sites are closed and my car is quickly filling up with stuff. I hope they take it when all this is over. If not, it goes in the trash. I can't believe all the stuff you have to do just to sell the house and removing something you're using seems pointless. Don't they like to see a house being lived in? Although, it does sound like you have a good plan in place.

I ventured out today for the first time in two weeks (besides walking). The grocery store was packed. I wore a mask, but about 20% of people did not which was a little unnerving. Don't they realize... There was a limit to paper products and no flour I liek to use on the shelves. Guess I won't be making pizza anytime soon.

I might take a rest day or try to get through a yoga tape today. I've been getting at least 10,000 steps a day and doing a Cathe weight/metabolic workout. Yesterday I did a really fun live-Low Impact Cardio Leg Blast with upper body on the ball. I think it's my new favorite. It had a few abs at the end, too and was great.

We are halfway through our basement after 3 days. I want to get it done before they call me back to work. Off to do that now!

Take Care,

Beth

My workouts were a bit off this week. Only worked out M & T. Wednesday all I did was go for a long walk. No workout on Thursday (long work day), Friday we had our gutters replaced and the plumbing fixed. It was an expensive day. The plumber had to work in the basement in w/o area and I wasn't going to workout with him there. We did get an estimate on the concrete step but it was very high, so we are getting another estimate next week. We picked up 3 paint samples and will put them up on some walls and see which one we like. The drywall/paint guy is coming back next week to give us another estimate since there is a lot more drywall work needed.

Yesterday was legs, it was a great w/o on the WKOUT site. Today will be LIHI BSB and short HIIT cardio. I'm in a training class this week so I'm not sure what my schedule will be.

I had some forced packing/purging. We had a shelving unit that the plumber needed to access the pipe that was behind it. I think I will use that shelving for my w/o stuff since it's in the utility room and then we can take down the other one.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter!

Yesterday I was only able to fit in LIHI BSB. We had a Zoom Family Easter Meeting if you will. It was nice to see everyone and see what everyone was up to. I was able to get in a workout this morning before my training class. I'm going to look for some shorter w/o's for this week so I can at least get something in. DH made dinner tonight-Mexican Pork Chops and roasted potatoes & onions. It was delicious.

We have made so much progress getting the house ready to sell, but it always seem like there is so much more to do. We picked up 3 paint samples and have painted them on 3 walls, side by side so we can see what they look like in the different light etc. We will be picking one in the next couple days and are trying to get the interior house painting scheduled. We should be getting an estimate this week sometime.

Oh, I found 4 waterbed heaters that DH had saved in the basement. We haven't had any water beds in years. I wanted to throw them out, but he still wants to keep them. Ugh. He did get rid of a ton of beer bottles though, almost filled up our large recycle bin. He used them when he USED to brew beer. He hasn't done that in years. He kept the bottles with the attached lids, but got rid of the rest. That's a win.

Are you back to work? You should feel very accomplished with everything you have been able to go through. I wish my DH would participate with this activity.

Off to pack another box. :)

You know, if you did get a waterbed, it would probably have a heater with it...just saying! At least he's whittled down some bottles. My former brother-in-law used to make beer and liked the ones with the lids attached.

Glad you are finding time to get some workouts in. Keep walking, too. I think it's saving my sanity right now!

We got the basement finished yesterday and have about 15 boxes for goodwill if/when it reopens. We also have a pile for the biannual trash pick up. We have one closet full of stuff and DS2's room to go through, but are taking a break. The basement is nice and clean for the first time since we moved in! I like to go down and just look at it.

I am not back to work and actually applied for unemployment last week. We'll see. I am not taking any other jobs offered so I don't know how long I'll be on it.

Workout wise I'm doing walk/lower body; walk/upper body; walk/metabolic or cardio workout. A rest day for me is just a walk. Yesterday was Gym Style Legs. Sunday was Gym Style the upper body discs-Superset premix for Chest and Tri's and BSB time saver. It was about 55 minutes and much more doable than either disc alone. The pushups always turn me off- but the premix only did from 8 reps down, so was good. Monday I did X10 41 minutes-low impact and fat burning. I did sub on the discs for the high impact moves and got a good workout.

I'm off to....don't know! It's sunny out so I might do some wash.

Beth

Well I was able to get in a 45 min abs/cardio circuit this morning before class. The cement guy is supposed to come over today to give us an estimate. It's snowing so we will probably have to reschedule. The painter hasn't got back to me yet so I'm calling someone else. We need to get this stuff done.

DH always thought he would find another use for the waterbed heaters. He just thought they could be used for something else, although he didn't know what. After all this time, I would like to toss them. I'm not arguing about anything he wants to keep. If he wants then I pack it, whether I agree with him or not.

So funny you don't like the push-ups in GS CST. One of my granddaughters ALWAYS wants to do that one because she loves the dropsets at the beginning.

So far, our home quarantine is set to expire on April 26th. I'm looking forward to that. Clearly things won't go back to the way they were before, but being able to get how more will be nice.

I hope your unemployment comes through quickly. Your are keeping up with your workouts and have done a very thorough job of cleaning, organizing and purging. You should feel very accomplished!!

You are such a good wife! You definitely know when to pick your battles. Really, who does it hurt keeping the heaters? Better than an argument. It snowed here yesterday as well-hope it's the end of it.

We are hoping to do some work this summer on our front sidewalk-it's caved in and can be like an ice rink when I walk on it in the cold. Also, our driveway needs work done on it-railroad ties are rotted, and other things I don't really know much about-something to do with draining and sub sets underneath the driveway. We'd like to get the house painted, but it's not a priority. I'm focused on safety-sidewalk, basement steps, etc. We need a railing to get up the front steps so after the sidewalk is done I'll start pushing for that.

Yesterday we got through another closet! DS2's room looks like a bomb went off, though. Everything is piled in there that we don't know what to do with-including umteen boxes of photos. Getting through them will take at least a week. Then we have all the stuff I saved from when the boys were littlle-school projects, books, toys, baby things. So I feel like we still have a lot to do. Chipping away every day is nice. Although I think we're taking today off to just do regular cleaning. No soccer on has freed up so much of my time.

I did a walk on Wednesday and Legs and Glutes on Thursday. I'm thinking BodyMax 2 upper body premix. I've been eyeing up more on demand to buy at the next big sale. Are you off today? Have a good weekend!

Beth

Yesterday I weighed in for WW and maintained from the previous week. Then I had a healthy chef's salad with balsamic vinegar and ate 6 chocolate chip cookies throughout the afternoon. I need to stop the overeating of junk. I made a home chef meal for dinner that was pretty good. I pick them up from time to time at our grocery store. This morning I did a leg/cardio circuit and LIHI CST & abs. I've been sticking with IF for a min of 16 hours, today I went 20 (first time for that). My workouts have been going, just the nutrition needs some help. I do much better following a meal plan. There is a lot more junk food in the house with DH home most of the time. He's getting paid for 5 days but only has to go in 2 day's per week.

I purchased the Wellness Remodel by Cara Clark and Christina Anstead. I'm about half way through the book. Cara is a Certified Nutritionist and recommends getting in 5 colors every day. She's also not a fan of IF. Her method is very similar to Fresh Start. Starting your day with lemon water, including healthy green smoothies, plenty of fresh fruits, veggies, beans, legumes etc. They have a 14 day reset that is starting in May and I will probably do it.

We had someone come over yesterday to measure and give us an estimate on the painting and drywall repair. We should have that in a few days. Today we had a concrete guy come over and we should be getting that estimate soon too.

Have you checked in to you having your caving sidewalk mud-jacked back into place? We had to do that in a couple places a long time ago. I boxed up some of the kids school work and pictures that I had saved. My intention is to make all 3 of them a photo book (creative memories) at some time-perhaps when I retire.

ttyl

I wish we could have it mud jacked. Unfortunately, it's a type of brick called pavers so has to be reset. We're in the books anyway and will have the work done this year! After waiting over a year for the basement steps, this feels like a win. I'm envisioning my back porch being turned into a sun room...someday!

All I'm doing is maintaining my weight. I did lose the few that had crept up and am back to my post menopausal normal. I put on two pounds between jobs and have never been able to get back down to when I worked at the nursing home. I'm coming to terms with it.

I like the sound of Wellness Remodel. I'm still trying to get 7 fruits and veggies a day. I think it helps me eat less sweets. Also, if I do have a sweet I have a piece of fruit with it. That way I don't keep eating sweets! I've started drinking water with electrolytes instead of just distilled. I'm getting about 64 oz a day between water and herbal teas.

Yesterday was Cross train express legs. Today will be the upper body split. I think upper/lower splits are my favorite way to do weights. I do about 45 minutes. On Saturday I did the Bodymax 2 upper premix and only did one set for the biceps and triceps exercises-it was shorter this way and I figure those little muscles don't need as many sets.

I am going to scan pictures into my google photo account and then make the boys albums as I make them and get them printed. I don't know how much each album will cost so we'll see. This is my plan. I have tried to buy a scanner on amazon and it's on back order which is ok since I don't even have the photos organized yet. It's going to take a while!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.