Damage Control

It's been a whirlwind of a week. I did workout M-W and Friday. The BR instructor I really like has separated from BR and has her own youtube channel. You can see some of her workouts here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClDNX3BO-8Dtf7b1B-2KI3Q. I started with the WKOUT series and have done 1-3 this week, and number 4 is on tap for today. I skipped WW this week, I was too tired to tired to go. Also, I just feel like I need a break from all this tracking and weighing. It's becoming overwhelming and the scale is just not moving. I've been doing NOOM and WW at the same time. Noom is basically the same thing, but instead of point like WW, they color code foods and red, yellow or green. Limit the red, yellow in moderation and eat mostly green. We are helping DS2 pay for his DUI attorney, and it's not cheap. We are trying to save up the money for the final repairs on the house before we can list it and it just seems like one stumbling block after another.

The Movie Festival sounds like a lot of fun. You are doing great with your workouts!

How is your week? That workout looks great. Do you save it to your computer and then do it on TV? How are her weight workouts? Was she wearing a weight vest while doing the cardio? I can see why you do her workouts!

I got up today and did Great Glutes. It was not killer, but not every workout has to be, right?! Nice to be done now after work and not worry about it. Wasn't sleeping anyway so figured I'd just get up and do something for 40 minutes.

The movies were a lot of fun. We see Parasite tomorrow night and that won best picture. I really liked Bombshell. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was pretty good, too. 1917-just ok.

I hear you on the kids and money. We just paid the bulk of a vet bill for the Granddog...grrr.

Beth

I did the youtube wkouts Monday and Tuesday. Worked until 8:30pm last night. I have a smart TV and access youtube from the tv, go to my subscriptions etc. I consider her workouts medium/hard and hard. She does use a weight vest on many workouts but I have started only using mine for weight training. I did WKOUT #7 yesterday, legs and it was a doozy. I another house, if DH likes it we can go see it on Saturday. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/127-Summit-Way-Erie-CO-80516/157443285_zpid/? I wish it had a 3 car garage, but I think since the 2 car is oversize it might work. We have 3 car garage now, so pretty hard to give up.

I'm glad you got to enjoy the movies!! We were planning on going to the movies last weekend, but ended up staying in due to the snow.

Well, Parasite is fantastic and I can see why it got best movie. Quite a statement about social class. That house looks really nice-wow. I do have a smart tv...I am going to try that youtube channel this weekend! Thanks. I never know how to start all the different computer/streaming things. Yesterday I got up early again and did Chiseled Upper Body from Lite and took a 40 minute walk after work.

Beth

Well today is my off Friday, but I'm on call so I had to run the 7am meeting. We've had a lot of issues this week. No workout for Wed or Thurs, but I should be able to get something in today. I'm leaning towards the next WKOUT on youtube. It is much easier now with all the apps on the smart tv's. Previously I had to access youtube from the xbox on my previous tv- just bit more work. I did go to WW this morning and am down 1.8. Not sure how that happened with the week I've had. I only partially tracked. I'm going to cancel Noom. It's $100 a month plus it was $10 for the trial week. WW is only $44 a month and my company pays half of that.

Glad you enjoyed the movie. I wish the weather would warm up so I could get back to walking outside.

How was your weekend? It was pretty cold here. I only got a 20 minute walk in on Saturday. Not much going on. I've been reading a good book called Little Fires, Everywhere.

What are you up to?

Beth

No workout for yesterday, but did the next WKOUT finally today, #10 I think. After my workout on Sunday, I spent the afternoon with my MIL. I picked up her prescriptions and went grocery shopping for her. She is recovering nicely but I think she is really bored. She won't be able to drive for about month more I think.

We met with our broker (a family friend) yesterday to go through our house and we went through the things we've done and the things we have planned. He said we are doing all the right things. He did say to have our house ready to be put on the market by April 1. Then we can really start the house hunt, and as soon as we find a house we want, our house will be put on the market. He said it will probably sell really fast. We need to replace the gutters, stain the front deck, have a new porch pad poured, and paint the interior. We can't stain the deck until the new gutters are in. The weather has too be above 50 to pour the concrete and stain the deck. With the girls coming the last week of March, we need to get done as much as we can. I'm going to start taking down all the pictures etc and get them packed.

Now I need to go log in to work, two hours assignment for tonight.

ttyl

Hi. Feeling like I don't have enough time lately. Monday-no workout. Tuesday Legs 2019 Live, Wednesday LIC with upper body live, Thursday pool, and Friday-nothing. Slipping on not snacking too, so up in weight...

I need to go shopping for some pants this weekend for my trip. Everything I have is too tight in the waist since my superpower is shape shifting. Sounds like your house selling plans are on track. We're in the midst of getting the basement steps done. They are so nice and safe now! Our contractor is nearly done. We hired him last month and had to wait 11 months. I think our next project is to get the house painted.

Beth

I don't have enough time either. This was a really long week with working having to work Tues and Thurs night. My workouts are hit and miss lately and I see a lot of misses on my workout calendar. Yesterday I went to WW in the morning but no workout to report. Today I did WKOUT#12- legs and bonus #13 abs.

Tonight I started packing! I took down all our family pictures and wall decorations. It looks very bare. I'm just going to start boxing up what I can now which will help in the long run. Tomorrow I will do the small bookcase in our room. I also need to go through the bathroom vanities. I keep putting it off though. It's probably not as bad as I'm thinking.

When is your trip? Menopause is awful. It's so nice to be able to update/repair so you can enjoy your house again.

Yesterday I did X10-53 min premix. I was yearning for some straight cardio and this fit the bill. Afterwards, my knee was really hurting. It's feeling a bit better today and I did the next WKOUT-14 I think. It started with a bit of leg weights but was mainly upper body drop sets. It's only Tuesday and it's been such a busy week.

How is your week going?

It's been a busy week. I've did boot camp type live workouts on the weekend... Monday was cards. Last night I did Afterburn. Today I am late nurse so don't know if I'll get a workout in or not. Tomorrow morning we leave for California! I plan to take a workout outfit since I don't sleep well and maybe just get up and work out in the hotel gym. We'll see!

Beth

I'm keeping up the workouts and continuing to pack. This weekend will be larger effort in completing the basement, shifting the furniture in the upstairs bedrooms and moving my office to basement. I'm not looking forward to working in the basement, but with the girls coming it is necessary. Then we heard DS2 may need to move back in May. We'll see how everything plays out.

Hope you are having a great time!!!

Hi! We had a great time. Maneuvering on public transportation is definitely the way to go in a city. We did the train and uber and had no trouble. DS2 is doing well and we got to talk a lot and see where he works and his commute. They were filming the new Matrix there on Saturday night-we didn't see any actors though, just a bunch of security and cops. I worked out at the gym and did legs Friday, chest and back Saturday, and arms and shoulders on Sunday. The weights were great and I did 10 minutes on treadmill before and after weights. We also walked all over the city on Friday-I got 21,000 steps that day! Saturday we toured the Sonoma Valley wine areas. DH wants to become a club member of Nicholson wines. It's quite expensive so I'm not encouraging it. Sunday we hung around and took the dog for a long walk and helped DS2 clean his apartment. I get that he commutes and works all day and then likes to go to the gym. So we just helped him out with some wash and vacuuming and some odds and ends.

The tiredness hit me hard last night. I had to do wash yesterday and get back in the swing here. I did PHA from Strong and Sweaty and did the low impact cardio workout from that series tonight. Went back to work today, so am tired!

How are you feeling? How is your knee? I really wanted to do the fast feet taps tonight, but just did low impact and have to be ok with that. I keep telling myself to be happy walking...It started raining here about 4PM-I was going to take a walk after work, but found it too damp. The day started out nice. Tomorrow I think I'm going to do Total Body Giant Sets. I'm doing total body 3x a week for a while now. This summer when I can walk to work more I'm planning on that plus one body part/day.

Beth

Wow, it sounds like you had a lovely trip. 21K steps is awesome!! It's hard getting back in the swing of things after vacation. Didn't you mention that he moved to a different apartment and has a room mate now? How is that going?

Today I went for a 30 min walk/run. I was able to run the first 15 min before my knee started acting up. The next 15 min I alternated running and walking. I'm very slow but would like to get back to running at some point. I've been very diligent about wearing the knee brace at night and it seems to be helping. The new site thewkout.com has started 2 challenges for March. One is straight weights and shorter w/o's, the other cardio hiit/weights-aka circuits. I'm doing the cardio/weight. I really enjoy them. I'm packing here an there, but much of it is done until we move. I can still do more in the kitchen and bathrooms, but I'm not rushing through it. I'm having DS3 pack all the stuff from the basement, the basement is my focus this weekend. The following weekend will do the bedroom switch in preparation for the girls visit.

When are the girls coming? How long a visit? What are you up to this weekend?

It was nice to sleep in today. Work has been going pretty good, but I've been tired. Why did I think I could do total body after a day at work???? Wed. was cardio-Cardio Slam with modifications. Thursday I just took a walk since the weather was conducive. Friday it was rainy/snowy so after work I just did legs-TBGS premix of each leg round twice. It was good! Today I want to do upper body, go grocery shopping, get my work clothes washed, etc....Just watched Liverpool win so that was nice!

DS2 does have a room mate and she's in dental school in Oakland. They get along great. Neither has time to clean much. She and her boyfriend went to see the San Jose soccer match while we were there-$200 for 1 ticket for crying out loud! She has a husky so the two dogs are together a lot. The parents both take care of the other's dog which is nice.

Off to put my wash in before the next match at 10!

Have a great weekend!

Beth

It's another busy work week. Better busy than bored though. I've been keeping up the March Challenge I'm following. I like being challenged, but some are just down right tough. The weather has been nice and with time change it will be easier to get outside and walk. I did short walk yesterday, and today I walked for an hour after work. Tomorrow should be nice too, but Friday brings cold and snow. I'm so looking forward to the girls visit. They will be here on the 21st. I'm hoping the weather is nice so we can ride bikes.

Cardio Slam is a goodie, I like that one. I'm glad you had such a good visit with your son. This corona virus is having a terrible ripple effect. I'm already work from home. My husband came in contact with someone though so we are just waiting to see if anything comes of it. Hopefully not. How is the medical industry handling this? Gloves, masks and sanitizer? Can there be a vaccine developed? Hope you and your family stay healthy.

Yes! Walking here has been pretty good, too. I walked to and from work on Monday and Thursday this week. Tuesday I did not work out. Wednesday was Lean Legs and Abs and today was X-train Chest, Back and Shoulder workout.

How is your DH feeling? It's crazy what is going on. Most people will be ok. Elderly should limit contact for a bit. We have a designated room, triage protocol, and trying to keep people from over reacting.

What are you doing this weekend? No soccer on-cancelled. We are going to do our taxes! Plus the usual-workouts, cook, etc.

Beth

We had snow flurries yesterday but no accumulation. It's supposed in the 50's/60's and cloudy this next week. As long as there is no freezing wind, it should be nice enough to get out.

I signed the girls up for a gymnastics camp and it is now on hold. All of our schools have been cancelled for the next 2 weeks. Essentially getting an extra week of spring break. I went shopping yesterday and was surprised by all the empty shelves. It's one thing to be prepared, another to hoard.

My sister had surgery on Thursday, went home on Friday, and is now back in the hospital with pneumonia. I cannot believe this. I will be going to see her later this afternoon.

Tonight we are doing the big room switch, which is going to be a lot of work and walking up and down 2 flights of stairs a bazillion times. That pretty much sums up my weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.