Damage Control September

Thanks for the reminder about the greens. I tend to get stuck in a rut and have put kale on the list for next week. I never thought about putting carrot tops or romaine in a smoothie, so will have to try them too.

I don't know about Weis. The staffing was sooo bad on the weekend and it's very frustrating. Last night went really well and the next two nights I'm training which is a bit of a break from some of the tasks. So, we'll see. I talked to one of my book club friends about it all Monday night and she couldn't believe it either, so maybe I should reconsider. Physically, though, nursing is taking a toll on my back. I'm thinking about going back to PT just for preventative help-https://www.self.com/story/should-you-see-a-physical-therapist-even-if-youre-not-injured?mbid=nl_091918_SELFCares_Hero4&utm_medium=selfcaresemail&CNDID=19656662&spMailingID=14272962&spUserID=MTQ4MTQxMzI3OTA4S0&spJobID=1481508852&spReportId=MTQ4MTUwODg1MgS2.

Glad the running is going well-it's a great calorie torcher! Yesterday I rested and today I'm thinking ICE kickbox and abs.

Beth

My weight is reaching maximum density-:( I did Cardio Leg Blast yesterday morning. This morning I did 40 minutes of a 50 min BR kettlebell w/o. I had an early meeting so I had to stop my w/o a tad early. Of course, when I got signed in, the meeting had been rescheduled for a later date. So irritating. I did have a green smoothing for lunch and dinner, and a mexican chicken breast w/brussels sprouts for lunch yesterday. I've been drinking the lemon ginger tonic everyday this week and getting in my gallon of water. I'm eating too many almonds and chocolate squares. My exercise is hit or miss with all the construction going on. I need to get back on track fast. I plan on going to my WW meeting tomorrow morning, even though I know my weight is up. I'm thinking of doing the Simple Green 21 Day cleanse once my house is back in order. I do so much better when I have a plan to follow. I agree with the article on PT.

Nursing is definitely a physically demanding job. I think I told you, my granddaughters other grandma is also a nurse. She was an ER nurse for over 25 years. She was in a car accident and could no longer perform the physical duties of an ER nurse. She went to work for an Eye Surgeon. She works normal hours, has paid holidays, and doesn't need to physically lift/shift/move people anymore. I think I need some PT for my big toe, heel, and knee issues. They are all related back to my limited flexion in my big toe.

Enjoy your day!!

I went to my WW meeting this morning to help me get back on track. My weight was up which I already new. I did start tracking again today. No workout to report today. Unfortunately, my house is not finished. The installer will be coming back on Sunday to finish up. I'm happy with the work to date. My sons room is done downstairs which means he can move back down stairs and we can also set back up the girls room. We can bring in most of our furniture, as long as we leave him room to install and caulk all the baseboards. He also needs to finish up the baseboards in the front living room, family room, and kitchen. The fireplace has proven to be a bit problematic. He thinks he should be able to finish it all on Sunday. We can move the kitchen furniture back in too, just really not the front living room yet. It looks so good. I'll be happy when it is totally complete. DH got an estimate on painting the outside of the house and we are also getting an estimate for painting the inside of the house. That estimate isn't until the beginning of October. I'm going to figure out a way to get our Kitchen done. DH has a lunch scheduled with some former co-workers to find out about upcoming job openings. We still have a ton of stuff to go through, throw out or donate. I don't want to fill my closets up with stuff we haven't used in years.

How is work going? I hope your training gives you well needed break from the day to day.

bbl

I did a really fun workout yesterday-Low Impact Circuit. It's not a new workout, but I finally got the step cardio down and thoroughly enjoyed the whole routine. I am to the point where I am going to get rid of all the ones I can't do so I'm not tempted! I am really looking forward to the low impact kickbox in the new series. So basically, yesterday was cardio and upper body. Today is cardio and I haven't decided what I'll do yet.

DS2 is home until Monday. The cooking has begun! Tonight is shrimp and veggies and tomorrow is pizza. Work went OK Thursday and Friday. I like training, but didn't have time to help the aides or supervise as I should have, so felt bad about that.

Reading Lincoln in the Bardo for book club. Just finished The Burning Girl for myself. I'm trying to read a little everyday and am finding it a good stress reliever.

Your house is really shaping up!

Off to watch soccer and chop veggies. Have a good weekend.

Beth

Yesterday I did a BR w/o. I have another BR w/o planned for today. My son moved back into his room last night. Today we will be setting the girls bedroom back up which will clear out the front living room. Yesterday DH and brought back in a couch, love seat, tv stand, tv and kitchen table. They aren't actually in the right places yet since we need to leave the baseboards open they can finish those today. I'm very happy with way it is turning out. Oh, I received an email for the live cleanse which starts October 1st. I signed up for that. My eating has been off and I need to get back on track. I'm thinking of doing another week of thrive, but can't commit until my kitchen is back in order. Today I also need to mow the lawn, grocery shop, and put the clothes back in my closet that were removed when they installed the carpet.

I'm glad that reading is helping you relax. I have some workouts I no longer use and would like to sell as well. Enjoy your time with DS, he will be across the country in no time.

bbl

I have 3 6am meetings this week. These early meetings really mess up my daily routine. Today I went for a 30 min run. I was hoping to do more, but that was all I could muster. I'm going to try to run 3 times per week if possible, leaving 1 to days between each run. I'm toying with starting STS now. They are not quite done with our fireplace, but that should be done today. They are also sending a cleaning crew-how nice. It's very dusty to say the least. Then our normal house cleaners will be here this week, it's been a month and we could really use them.

Hope you are having a great day!

So Saturday is the wedding of the girl at work. Do yo have any gift suggestions? She already owns a house and has been living with her husband for a while. Gift certificate? Money? I don't know how much would be appropriate. You've been to some weddings lately...any help would be much appreciated!

DS2 left yesterday for Mississippi and is flying from there to CA. He has an apartment. We'll mail boxes the last week he's in MS. He's gone and I just have to contend with it.:confused:.
Took the dog for a walk yesterday. Today is upper body. Are you doing STS? I think I might do a push up challenge: 50 pushups/day for a month. Yes, I hate push ups, but I think it would tone up my arms! I'm not joining the SGS challenge, I'm going to try to use the cookbook more. All I made were the pancakes so far.

Glad you can run 3 miles! 6 AM meetings...I was up at 5 today if it's any consolation. Can't sleep.

Beth

How are the 6 AM meetings going? Are you able to get a workout in later? House back in order? I'm off today and am planning a lower body weight workout this morning. We're also going to the Finger Lakes with my parents to pick up wine from our respective wine clubs. Not much else going on here. I went to the pool yesterday and it felt great. My hip/back/leg has been irritating me.

Hope your week is going well! I'm hoping to find a wedding present today.

Beth

This has been a very hectic week. So far I've only worked out on Monday I think, I'd have to check my calendar in the basement. The house is not back together yet but we hope to finish that up this weekend. We still need to bring in the front living room furniture including the desk. My office needs completely cleaned out. The flooring company sent cleaners to our house. I moved everything up to my office so they could clean the floors. I didn't realize they were cleaning the whole house. I cancelled our normal housekeeper for this week. I'm pretty cramped in my office, but I hope to get through it all by this weekend. I don't just want to put the boxes back in closet. I want to throw out or give away what ever we don't use. If the boxes have been in the closets for several years and we've have never gotten into them, do we really need it? Just more purging going on.

As far as the friends wedding, I would usually spend $75-$100 for a wedding gift. We gave our niece much more than that, but my max would be no more than $100. Hope you enjoy your day off!

My eating was off the charts yesterday. I eat when stressed, bored, or no reason at all. I tracked it all though. Today I plan on doing a BR w/o and a GS w/o. My work schedule is going to be very hectic through the end of the year. I found a bodybuilding rotation that uses the GS and Pyramid w/o's that looks pretty good. I hope to loosely follow that. The rotation has you doing each GS w/o twice per week. That is how I usually do STS. I'm not sure I can follow the twice per week, but it will force me to get more weight work in which is what I need. We will be getting the house back in order today. :)

What did you decide on for the wedding?

I ended up getting a nice candle holder and a yankee pumpkin candle when we went to the Finger Lakes on Thursday. All in all about $40 and I thought that was enough. It's pretty and smells good and who doesn't like candles?! She can always regift it if it's not her taste. But I always get presents of things I would like and I would like it so I hope she does.

Liverpool is on right now-it's halftime. They are losing-boo! I did PHA this AM. I ended up doing nothing on Thursday and Friday I did the double boxing premix from the Fit Split series-any impact was on the discs (jacks, burpees, mt. climbers, ski move) Felt pretty good. I want to get my hip back though to where it doesn't hurt at all-still not there yet.

Gym styles and pyramids sound good. That's a lot of weight training. Are you just going to run for cardio to get ready for the race?

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.