Damage Control September!!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Thought I'd start the new thread. I think most of us are on vacation this week. I took a couple days off myself.

We are empty-nesters-for the weekend anyway. I just dropped DS1 at the airport and the other 2 kids are at a convention downtown. We have dinner plans with MIL tonight. The rest of the time will be running errands, chores, and relaxing with my honey.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hi all,

Thanks for starting the thread, Diana. Empty nesting is fun. I hope your DS1 likes living in CA. Mine is still looking for a job. DH and I are planning on sitting down with him after we get back for a talk about taking something not in your field and becoming more independent.

I've been busy at work and getting prepared for vacation-cooking stuff for DS1 who will be home, laundry, getting snacks/lunches together, etc. I must be busy-forgot my key card to get into work this morning. DH brought it to me a little later (in his pajamas!) and I was able to regroup for the day. We get breakfast at the hotel, lunch we snack, and then go out for a nice dinner. I'm staying whole30 as much as possible without worrying about butter on things and getting pizza one night. I haven't had pizza since last May! Off to do PUB.

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Beth

Hi all-

We are in OCNJ, just in time for the hurricane!

This week looked like this:
M-LIC upper body sculpt
T-ICE low impact sweat blizzard blast
W- unintentional rest day
Th-RWH LIHI Legs premix all strength
F-XTrain burn sets Bis and tris plus core 1
Today -XTrain burn sets chest back shoulders

I brought my bike but I don't know how much riding I will get in because of the storm. But I did bring RWH, TTM, CF and X10, my discs, tubing and blue firewalker.

I'll keep you updated on the storm!

Not feeling great. Two ice coffees with chocolate and sugar isn't sitting well with me[emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

After lazing around this morning and watching 2 movies with DH, I finally got off my butt and did HCUB. I needed to do something, but my knees are sore so HCUB fit the bill!

Not sure if I ever mentioned, DS3's room is a disaster. I started going through it since he's gone for the weekend. I used to think he was a hoarder, but I've already pulled out one large (yard size) trash bag full of trash. Just a pig...ugh. I thought I'd start small and just clean out his dresser. He seriously had trash in his dresser. I pulled out clothes from when he was in middle school. He is still in a youth bed, the kind with the headboard and under-dresser. DS1 is leaving his king size bed and we are giving it to DS3, but he needs to clean out his room and clean the carpet. It's so disgusting. I did open his under-dresser drawers....and they are packed. UGH.. He has old football shirts from high school and younger. He's going to have to clean them out.

I think we will be getting a roll-off dumpster to get rid of the bed (broken), under dresser, an old outdoor table/chairs and other large junk we have laying around. I would also like to get rid of the under-dresser under our bed too. It belongs to a bed we had years ago. It's nice having the storage, but our new bed sits too high and we can't lower it unless we get rid of the under-dresser.

Beth-enjoy your vacation!!! I think your eating plan sounds really good, especially considering you are on vacation. My eating is a bit off due to my birthday and extra goodies. It's all about balance. I split an ice cream dessert with MIL and DH, then also had some homemade peach cobbler the DH made! Today has been a pretty good day food wise.

LL-you are doing an amazing job keeping up with your w/o's! I know how busy you are with school and the boys. Hope the storm misses you.

Tina-heeelllloooo Tina...check in when you can.

bbl

Hello all,

Got Party Rockin Step 2 in today after work. My right quad/hamstring/hip whole area has been tight so no leg weights today, which I hoped to do before vacation. Unfortunately I must have overdone the weights on ME from a few days ago. Oh well. I needed to do something today. Had a death at work, failed at a catheter insertion, and just generally had some issues with staffing, etc. I came home and just cried and then worked out.

Diana, you are really making headway with getting a dumpster and going through things. Why do boys not like to go through their stuff and get rid of what they don't want? DS1 sleeps all day, games all night, and never throws anything out either. I went up and vacuumed his room since he's at work right now. At least it sounds like we're in the same boat-makes me feel better. Glad you enjoyed your birthday and homemade peach cobbler is better than some processed crap!

LL, I'm amazed at all the workouts you get in with your busy schedule! I'm not taking any dvds with me. We're planning on renting bikes a few days and I might do some bodyweight stuff. Honestly, I think I just want to veg and relax. I have a good book to read called "A Man Named Ove" for book club and two we're going to listen to in the car-"Purity" by Jonathan Franzen and "Unbroken" by Lauren Hillenbrand. Tina, have you read either of those?

Off to pack. See you all Friday.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

This morning I tackled PLB with 50/55/60 as my weights and followed that up with Lowmax! Off to mow the lawn the hitting the grocery store.

Beth- you have such a stressful job, HUGS. We haven't gotten the dumpster yet, but probably will in a couple weeks. Enjoy your vacation!!

Waving Hi to LL and Tina.

Hello Vacation Gals!!

I met with my transformation coach this morning at 5am for starting weights/measurements. The nutrition plan is basically protein and veggies. I wish I could remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of -If you can grow it or kill it, you can't eat it. No processed foods. 40% prot, 40% carb, and 20% fat. I would prefer 40/30/30, but I will work towards his recommended ratios. This is definitely a challenge. Looking at doing Whole30 again and possibly starting STS.

No workout today. I hurt my lower back tripping UP the stairs yesterday. My new w/o shoes are about a 1/2 size too big and the toe box caught on the edge of step while I was carrying the laundry basket upstairs. It was pretty painful yesterday and this morning, but it's starting to feel a bit better tonight. I've been icing it and that has obviously been helping.

My back is still hurting and sitting at a desk all day is not helping. I did get out for a walk last night. Other than that, I can't do much until my back heals up a bit more. I was hoping to do CCC today but that didn't happen. Perhaps tomorrow....

Hi all!

I'm back from vacation and totally rejuvinated. We had such a great time. I talked to a couple people about jobs down there and am hopeful to one day move to Delaware. The waves were awesome after that Hermoine storm and the water was warm. We used the hotel gym twice and I did circuits. We went to a local winery and shopped a little one day-got some new scrubs at an outlet. Our favorite pizza joint is Grotto's and we hit that twice and even brought half a pizza home! Naturally, I'm up a couple of pounds, so am refocused today.

Diana, I thought we were going to do STS starting Oct. 1st? I already put it in my calendar! No really, you can start whenever you want! I can't believe the weights you used for PLB! Good for you. You are going to crush the competition with those weights! Protein and veggies...sounds like whole30 to me too. I'm meal prepping the next couple of days-salmon cakes, roasted veggies, frittata, stew, chile, and whatever else I can think of to make. First I need to go grocery shopping, of course!

Right now, I'm off to watch soccer. It's the Manchester Darby in an hour-and I love the hype.

BBL,

Beth

Hello Ladies, I've missed checking in with you. Thanks for starting another thread Diana. :) We took another vacation two weeks ago, and then it was back to working two part time jobs and squeezing in cycling. There are days I just don't have more than 10 minutes to log onto the computer. DH and I have been on a routine of alternating weeks of XT, XT BS, GS, and LIHI for weights and biking as much as possible. I have over 3100 miles in for this year. We finally purchased some HR monitors, so it's nice to have a gauge to how hard we're cycling. I'm sort of obsessed with the suffer scores on Strava. I've had a few "epic" scores, which I'm pretty proud of. We did get the Fit Tower, and I love it! It makes incline work so much easier with the barbell hooks. Yesterday I did the bonus barre work from LLB. Much nicer than using the back of a chair for support. Have you ladies ordered the new workouts yet?

Diana, I think our DS's must be twins. His bedroom a nightmare. I only venture in there if I have to. We're about to do a total heave hoe of everything, including the furniture. We did a massive declutter in the basement on vacation, so now it's on to his room. I hope your back is feeling better. DH's back has been on the fritz for two weeks now, not fun! I'm starting to itch for STS again. I've lost so much strength this summer, I need to get back to where I was.

Beth, I've read Unbroken (one of my all time favorites) and A Man Called Ove, which was ok. I've never read anything by Jonathan Franzen, but he's always on book club lists. Over the summer I really slacked off on my reading. My next few read will be; A Fall of Marigolds, My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry, The Road, and Rain Reign. I think my last read was The Immortal Irishman, which was fantastic. You're vacation sounds like it came at the perfect time. You're job sounds so stressful! I'm in for a round of STS with you in Oct. :)

LL, how was your vacation? Your rotation looks great. :)

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi Ladies,

I did BR 30 day challenge day 2 and STS disc 1. Yesterday I did BR day 1. Honestly, some of the pushups were on my knees. I'm not risking hurting my back further. Right now, I'm planning on doing meso 1-2 times before moving to meso-2. I'll be doing week 1, repeat week 1, week 2, repeat week 2 and so on. I only started early so I would have solid weight training plan in place for the 8 week challenge-which actually starts on Monday. Still planning on additional lower body w/o each week and will probably throw in some insanity and max 30. Working out is the easy part, its the food that is a struggle for me.

I purchased BodyRock on demand this morning. I get 30 days free then it's $9.99/month. Tonight I will have on of my kids show me how to use the chromecast so I can do them from my tv and not the laptop.

Beth-Glad to hear you had a wonderful time on vacation! This is the first I've heard of moving to Delaware. Is this where you want to retire? Everything in moderation, enjoy your pizza. I also purchased a meal plan from them. If you are interested I can email them to you.

Tina-so glad you are back! I know I keep throwing stuff out, we just have so much and it's difficult to focus on that when I'm the only one doing it. One of my girlfriends has an injury and she can basically only bike right now. Her DH bought them both bikes and she rides and posts her Strava data. It sounds very motivating. It's nice to see how hard you are working! I just used endomondo when I was biking.

Still missing LL-hopefully she will pop in when she is back from vacation.

bbl

Hi all,

Diana, I hope your back is feeling better. Your STS plan sounds really good. I'm thinking of doing each disc 2x a week and doing very limited, if any, cardio in Oct. to see what happens. When you wear your heart rate monitor do you get your heart rate up in STS Meso 1? I was thinking of doing each disc with no pauses in the hopes that 1: it would get my heart rate up and stay up and be cardiolike and 2: I would be able to finish the discs without pausing and not have to worry about how long they are. I already know I will not be able to finish all the pushups, but am hoping that doing it this way I won't mind it! Does this make sense?

Tina, we ended up listening to Unbroken in the car. We just got to the point of the end of the war and got home. What a sad story! I kept thinking Louis' life couldn't get any worse...and it did. My DH wants to see the movie-no way for me. I have bad enough images in my head. I ordered the Strong and Sweaty series, but passed on the Turbo Tower. I had the old one and just didn't use it and actually felt I hurt myself trying to do pull ups on it. I just stick to chairs for barre and the band for pulls now.

Moving and living at the beach is my retirement dream. We'll see. I have a ways to go yet. Yesterday I did 4DS HIC with Chest and Back. Today I'm planning 4DS Kickbox and Legs. I also got wash done and cleaned some yesterday. DS1 did wash, dishes, and took good care of our cat while we were away.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did BR Day 3 and STS Disc 3-legs. Deadlifts are out of the question right now so I subbed with weighted hip lifts. I was reviewing Back & Triceps-not sure I can do rows yet, perhaps if I keep the weight light. I previewed the first BR Advanced Boot Camp (ABC) w/o last night. Only 12 minutes but OH My, it's going to be tough for sure. There is an 8 minute Overtime section, but I didn't preview that one. I plan on doing that w/o tomorrow morning. The 8 week challenge officially starts tomorrow. I need to clean up my diet and follow the nutrition plan for the next 8 weeks. We are having a going away party for my DS at my MIL's house later today. I'm feeling a bit emotional about him moving away.

Beth-I woud love to retire near the beach-west coast though. Yes, I do get my HR rate up, but it's not the same as cardio. I would think doing cardio twice a week would be sufficient. I used to be a cardio queen. I've learned a lot since then and weight training is what really changes my body composition. However, I still love a good sweat fest a la Imax 3, Intensity, BM2 etc. There really isn't much time in meso 1, for me anyway. I have just enough time to get my next weight/equipment together before she starts. I found some links that my helpful: http://strengthreliance.com/fitness/this-is-gonna-hirt
http://www.projectswole.com/conditi...esistance-training-and-how-should-you-use-it/

Tina-I did not get the new tower. I have the old/original one. If I purchased another one, I would want it to have the pulls etc-more for pilates type work. I was disappointed that Cathe's didn't provide that. I did order the new w/o's though and am looking forward to them.

LL-how was vacation???

bbl

We just got back from OCNJ last night and today CDawg was baptized in Marsh Creek, more like a lake. We are headed back to the house for a BBQ.

I ate a lot of junk. So much so that my gums and tongue feel icky. Looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow!

I rode my bike every day but yesterday. The boards are a 5 mi round trip and I did that only 4 times, went to south side of the island once (13 mi round trip) and to the north side once, which probably didn't even add a mi. I didn't do any Cathe!

No storm. Great weather all week, one night it rained.

Not sure what I'm going to do this week. The September rotation didn't thrill me.

Beth- we are Manco and Manco people here. [emoji4] I forget where you are now? I'm 40 min from Wilmington, DE. I need to do a lot of protein and veggies!!

Tina- you amaze me with the miles you do!! Doing one day of 13 mi seemed like so much and took me 1.5 hrs. I tried to do intervals of 20 on 10 off on the road, to hard to do on the boards. I have thought about the Fit Tower. But I'm wanting to get a nutritionist and really can't spend money on both.

Diana- body rock sounds interesting I will look into it. Your plan with STS sounds really good. I am temped to look into Cathe On Demand again for the STS!

Hi Ladies,

Glad to see you back, LL. Your workouts at the beach sound fun and tough at the same time. What is Manco and Manco?

Diana, thank you for those links! I read through and think I'm going to do a good warm-up probably an X10 segment or an Ice BB segment and then do the STS workout without breaks. I'm going to do 3 days on, 1 off, 3 on, etc. for the month. Yesterday I did a bike ride, so today was 4DS bootcamp with arms and tomorrow I've got the kickbox pencilled in. I'm liking the cardio then weights routine and am thinking about a round of Cross Train Express after I finish the 4DS series.

Off to get my stuff ready for work tomorrow.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Unplanned rest day yesterday. I didn't get it together early enough to workout and didn't have any breaks during the day.

I didn't sleep well last night and got up at 4:30 to see my son off. I cried, still sad. He's driving straight through to San Diego today. It's about a 16 hour drive. He's going to text me at each fill-up with his location so I can track his progress and location. I'm so going to miss him.

Planned for today is STS disc 3-B&T and the BR ABC 1st w/o. I previewed...a tad scared but am going to give it my best shot. Tonight is our first weekly meeting for the transformation challenge and right after they are having a Fit & Fueled class. I'll get to see what that's about. That particular class is normally offered during the day when I'm working. Need to buckle down my nutrition for sure. Nutrition is the hardest part for me. My daily calorie goal is 1396. Getting my macros right is a work in progress. I've got it down for breakfast and lunch, dinner needs some work. I know it's because I plan my breakfasts and lunches. I'm gonna have to plan my dinners as well.

LL-It sounds like you had a very active vacation! Here's the BR link for you: http://www.bodyrock.tv/ They have tons of free workouts. I use my sons Playstation to watch them on youtube on my tv. (hope that makes sense). If you have a smart tv or blue ray player, I think you can access youtube. I have 30 days free of their on demand videos (sweatflix) that includes the free w/o's as well as many others. For the sweatflix stuff, I'm using my chromecast. I work in IT, but seriously need my kids to set this stuff up and show me how to use it.

Beth-your rotation sounds great! I really like the shoulder work in 4DS.

Waving hi to Tina!

gotta run...bbl

Beth- Manco and Manco is just about the best pizza on the boardwalk! But it's totally a local thing I guess. [emoji4] Honestly, it's more of a tradition than awesome pizza

http://www.mancospizza.com

Yesterday I did ICE Boot Camp Circuit Blizzard Blast. I really like the format of that: cardio/HiiT, upper, lower (maybe that order is switched) then core. Today I was going to do ICE Metabolic Total Body Blizzard Blast with the meltdown. But 4DS has been looking interesting to me for the weights. But I'm kind of in the mood for a circuit week.

Unfortunately I slept thru my first two alarms on my Fitbit and we had our first day of co op today. I was not able to get a wo in yet. I hope after dinner. My other thought was to go through all the ice blizzard blast meltdowns this week.

Diana- I will look into the BR since it's free. [emoji4] I'm not sure it would work on Xbox tho. I get Netflix on it...

What do you all think abotu nutritions two would say .5 grams of protein per pound of body weight? That seems kind of low? Don't you think? The health coach I'm thinking about hiring said that...

Hi Tina!

Hi all,

Got in 4ds Kickbox today. Really having to stretch my right hamstring-too tight. I might lay off any lower body for a while. It hasn't felt quite right for a while now.

LL, I was looking at 4DS lower intensity with shoulders for my next workout. I don't really know that step routine and saw there was a good circuit on it of high intensity mixed with upper body. I might try that Thurs. if my leg feels better. I can totally understand why you like Manco Manco!

For my protein I have been aiming to have some at every meal. It keeps me full. Maybe you just need to eat more protein to see what satisfies you? I enjoy the whole30 meal template of protein, veggies, some fruit, and some fat. I add in 11 grams of protein in my morning coffee with my gelatin and it's helped keep me full. When I snack, I have nuts or a piece of fruit with nut butter on in. It works for me.

Diana, I hope your son made it to CA ok. I know how sad it is at times being a parent. You are happy for them and like to see them happy and it's good, but it breaks your heart. How did the meeting go at the gym? Did they have help with the macros? I food log on Livestrong when I need to and it tells you your protein, carbs, and fat ratios. How was the Fit and Fueled Class?

Hi, Tina! I finished Ove last night before bed. Interesting to see the elderly from a Sweedish perspective. I liked it and am wondering what Ove would be diagnosed with-Asperger's? I'm off now to read The Girl on the Train. Got it for the beach, but never got to it!

Beth

Got in ICE Metabolic Total Body Blizzard Blast and Meltdown Chest.

Gotta clean up dinner and prep for tomorrow!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was STS disc 3-B&T and the BR ABC 1st w/o. The advanced bootcamp is no joke! Only 12 minutes and very difficult. This morning I did CLB as my extra leg w/o and tonight was STS disc 1-CSB.

My son made it to San Diego! I took melatonin last night. After tossing and turning the night before, and all the stress with my son driving 16 hrs alone I desperately needed some sleep.

LL.Nice job with your w/o!! I don't think I've done any of the blizzard blasts. I've been roasting vegetables each weekend so I can just warm them up with whatever meal I want. My mainstays have been zuchinni squash, spaghetti squash, carrots, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts.

Beth-I didn't go to the meeting, I was so exhausted. I do use myfitness pal and it provides the macros as well. I just have a hard time getting the 40/40/20 ratio for the whole day. I've got my breakfast macros working for my normal breakfast. Lunches and dinner vary more. It's a work in process.

Tina-waving hello!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.