Damage Control October

This morning I did short BR w/o and walked 30 minutes at lunch. It was so nice to get outside for a bit. It was a little chilly. I wore shorts and a sweatshirt and that was just perfect. Tonight I'm prepping for the rest of the cleanse. I have a bunch of veggies roasting for a couple different meals and I cooked 1 cup of Quinoa earlier today. Only a few more days to go. I'm looking forward to adding more protein into my diet. I think it will help with all the weight work I'm doing? I've been trying to get in for a massage for the last month. First my therapist was out sick, then she was injured, now they say her injury is keeping out of work longer than anticipated. This is the 3rd rescheduling. They have rescheduled me with another therapist for next Tuesday night.

How are you doing? Is your hip feeling any better?

I'm ok. My hip is feeling somewhat better. I'm only walking the dog and doing non impact in the pool. Unfortunately, something else has crept up. My right foot is tingling like mad. That was the reason I went on the med I just got off of. It's been almost 3 weeks, so I wonder if it's out of my system and now the tingling is starting. It's nerve damage from a car accident. I had surgery, but there is probably some inflammation there. DH thinks I should go back on the med asap. I'll give it a little while and see.

It's so complicated sending a pet across country. You have to see the vet within 10 days of flight, have to use airports that do not get below 45 degrees (unless you have a letter from the vet to let the dog go a little lower), have to have the right crate, food, ice, etc. At this point we'll probably have to drive to Newark or NYC to ship her (only certain planes can take dogs due to excessive heat from engines). It's been interesting research to say the least!

Glad the cleanse is going well and you're making it work for you!

Beth

Thursday I did the pool and had pain most of the day. Friday, though, was a perfect 10 day! Nothing hurt! I walked the dog in the morning and worked last night and was good! Looks like we're driving to Newark next Thursday and putting Rylie on a plane. It's bittersweet. Watching soccer now. Plan to go to the pool later and see my parents tonight for cards. What are you up to?

Beth

Thursday I did STS D4 B&T and walked at lunch. I didn't sleep very well Thursday night and struggled to get going Friday morning. No real workout to report, but I did go walk late yesterday afternoon. Our temps are back up to the high 50s and 60's which is perfect for running. I'll have to run either today or tomorrow. My weight isn't budging and it's so frustrating. I started tracking on WW yesterday. I'll see how it goes. The cleanse is almost over. I have enough food though for couple more days of clean eating. I am looking forward to a chicken breast soon. I haven't been 100 percent on track, but I did have all the meals and most of the snacks. I did have a few glasses of wine throughout the 21 days and a couple pieces of dark chocolate. Starting today I'm going back to drinking a gallon of water each day. I'll probably stick with the warm lemon/ginger water in the morning. No, not giving up coffee though. I have some containers to go through today and tomorrow and will probably being taking more stuff to the salvation army. This clutter is never ending. David has started looking at job sites and working on his resume. We have our condo in Mid November and him and Zach (DS2) are planning on going. I'm guessing he won't be working by then. I hate to say it, but its probably not easy to find a job at the end of the year. We'll see how it goes.

I'm glad your hip is feeling better. Sounds like you just never know when it's going to flare up. That's where the PT comes in, more in a preventative capacity. Sounds like you've worked out the logistics of getting Rylie to CA. Enjoy the cards with your folks.

Saturday was a 75 min BR w/o and STS D4-CSB. Today was another 75 min BR w/o and I'm beat! I was hoping to Disc 6-legs, but that isn't going to happen.

bbl

How is the tracking going? I have been doing a lot of intermittent fasting and my weight is going down-finally. Still not where I would like it, but it'll probably take a while. I basically don't eat until lunch time and then stop after dinner-by 8 PM. So it's like 16 fast, 8 hour eat window. I'm not eating any processed either (unless you count my wine at suppertime). I'm not eating when I get home from work which has been hard, but I think it's what's helping the most. If I just get home and go right to bed and start resting I don't eat. I used to come home and have popcorn or cheese and crackers every night. I'm also eating an apple a day! In the morning I drink coffee, tea and water. I also either walk the dog or go to the pool in the morning which fills up some of the time! That and trying to sleep in.

We're still trying to figure out the dog transport. Watched a lot of soccer, made soup and chili, and had a fire last night and watched some Ozark on Netflix. Off to see the doctor today about the tingling in my foot to see if there are any other meds to help it besides the one I was on.

Beth

Sorry I've been MIA. It's been a rough week. I did a BR w/o Monday morning and ran 3 miles in the evening. Tuesday and Wednesday I had 6am meetings and worked 9-10 hours both days. Yesterday I did manage to get out for an 80 minute walk. This morning I have a dentist appt. I should be able to fit in a w/o later. My body doesn't handle these early mornings and long days like it used too. I usually eat between 10-6 but haven't noticed any changes. I've started trying to get in 1 gallon of water each day, that seems to help with my weight the most. I should probably give up wine too. :)

Have you looked into acupuncture for your foot? Hope the Doctor is able to provide you some options. Have a great day.

I'm exhausted today. No workout to report. I'm going to skip WW tomorrow and workout instead. I don't care for the new leader facilitating the Friday meetings. I'm looking at going on Saturday mornings instead. I'm going to give that a try this week and see how I like the leader. I'm really struggling with my weight. I was hoping the cleanse would help, but it didn't. Some folks tend to lose weight while on the cleanse, but I never lose more than 2lbs the first week and it usually comes back the second week. I think it's because I already don't eat bread or processed carbs anyway.

How are you doing?

Hi,

Been taking a new medicine for my foot. I think it's helping! I will have small periods of tingling during the day, but then it goes away. There are no side effects-so far anyway. I'm going to give it a month and then go back to see the NP.

It sounds like you are getting really stressed out. My DH thinks I'm going through a mid life crisis since DS2 moved and my body is not able to do what it used to do. I have had a terrible time sleeping because the muscles in my stomach, groin, thigh, and back tighten up. Then I wake up in pain. I've talked about it to my PT. During the day I'm ok. Not much pain, can walk, etc. I go back today for another treatment. DH wants me to get an excuse to get off work (which is another whole ball of stress). I get so torn because I love my work, just not the conditions.

Right now I'm just walking and doing the pool. I do the pool 3x a week. I did a few push ups the other day, but I'm just not ready to get back to weights. I think when I get the new series I'll start there and see how it goes. I really just want to focus on therapy right now and trying to get back to no pain, ever.

On the dog front, we did not get the crate delivered in time to ship her yesterday. It was supposed to come Monday, but never showed. Yesterday we ordered a new crate and it's out for delivery today! We're looking at sending her next Monday now. I'll believe it when I see the crate. We've had quite the runaround with Fed Ex.

Keep running and drinking lots of water! Do stuff that you enjoy and take time for yourself.

Beth

Yay for Friday!!! I did get in a BR w/o this morning but nothing else. I hope to make it to WW tomorrow morning. We'll see. I also started tracking in myfitnesspal today. I'm starting to think I may have better luck with MFP, but am still interested in what WW will be in the new year. Yes, I'm very stressed, and then I eat more. UGH

We are replacing all our gold door hardware with oil rubbed bronze. I just spent $450 bucks on door knobs and hinges. I haven't decided on the Front and Back door hardware yet. I've already replaced all the light switch plates from gold to bronze. Funny how gold is now back in style. I've been living with it for 20 years and am ready for a change.

Oh, some of the folks I work with are getting laid off on Jan 4. They aren't in my department and I haven't heard of any lay offs in my area. However, we purchased another company and will have to absorb 7 folks into our department.

I'm glad you have something to help the tingling in your foot. Have you considered taking a muscle relaxant at bedtime. That might help prevent your muscles from tightening up. Agreed, living pain free is very important. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Is it possible for you to get a medical leave of absence? I'm looking forward to the new series as well. Good luck with dog, sounds like a lot of work.

Not much exercise to report. Saturday I went to my WW meeting and one of the gals I used to work with was there. We are planning on going out to breakfast next Saturday after the meeting. Sunday I ran for 35 minutes. Yesterday was a BR w/o and I intended to do the next STS disc, but work was busy and I never got a break. This morning will be a BR w/o and perhaps STS later in the day. I have a 10K on Sunday. The first part should be fine, but I may end up walk/running for the last half. We have been having amazing weather. It was 70 when I ran on Sunday. Today and tomorrow will be snow, not much though.

On the house front, I bought all new door knobs and hinges in oil rubbed bronze and DH started installing them yesterday. They make such a difference. I still need to get locking ones for the front, back, and garage doors.

How are you doing?

Sorry I've been MIA. Worked all weekend and was exhausted-we still don't have enough help. Sunday night I got 4 hours sleep. Monday morning we took the grand dog to Rochester and did not have a health certificate or her birth date on any of the paperwork, so we were on the phone to the vet and were finally able to get her on the plane after the set back. We drove home and I was so sad since I've become attached to her. She got back with Aaron at 11:30 last night (our time) and he texted a picture of her laying on his couch-she was either tired or sad-couldn't tell. She looked like she had jet lag or was totally wiped out. Today I slept in!

I did manage to get two Cathe workouts in recently! I did Cardio Supersets before work on Saturday and yesterday I finally just got up at 6 and did ICE chiseled upper body. I have therapy today in about an hour. I'll do that and maybe take a walk since the sun is out here. Therapy has me doing a ton of core exercises for the psoas muscle issue. Apparently my core is really weak (I'm not surprised as I really don't like working it!) I'm going to do the therapy exercises for it when I'm discharged to try to keep it stronger (planks, crunches, band pull thing, standing on a Bosu and shaking weights as fast as possible).

So happy your home is coming together. I really like the way your downstairs turned out. Dan picked up paint chips from Lowe's the other day. We're thinking of paining the living room gray. I don't know-still contemplating.

Beth

Wow, it sounds like you've had a stressful week. I find it so interesting how all our muscles, joints etc are connected. My knee hurt and it wasn't a knee issue, but IT Band Syndrome. A strong core is important. I'm sure your grand dog will acclimate to her new environment in time. A new color in the living room can make a big difference.

This morning I did a BR w/o and went for a 30 min walk at lunch. I hope to get to STS D5 tonight. Trying to get back on track with weights. It doesn't help that David brought me a peanut butter shake from Sonic last night. Thankfully I only ate half. I have gained 6lbs since June. I told David to please not bring me any food. I've also decided to give up wine until Thanksgiving. It's empty calories and alcohol slows your metabolism. I guess I'll find out if it makes a difference for me or not.

11 hour workday. I'm exhausted. No workout to report. I really want a glass of wine too, but I'm drinking water.

I had a long day last night, too. Someone fell, which is always hard plus I had two admissions. Got up today and my heel hurts-it's always something. Been doing the pool 3 days a week and walking some. It was really nice here Wed. and I ended up with over 21k steps with work for that day. Off to PT this morning and another long day at work, I'm sure. I did apply for another job-admissions coordinator at my current employer. We'll see if I even get an interview.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.