Damage Control November!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Happy November Ladies!

I started my day off with Insanity Pure Cardio, 100 Burpees, then STS disc 34-Chest & Back. Only 2 more discs to go to complete STS. I'm ready to be done with it.

Later today I'm going to look for another rotation to follow until the new workouts arrive.

Did anyone do anything fun for Halloween? I manned the door and handed out candy.

bbl

Can I join your check in? I really want to start being held a little accountable for working out-especially this time of year! Diana-you had quite a workout today! 100 burps would about finish me. I did MMA boxing wearing the pink boxing gloves.

Beth

Oh Diana, I think you jinxed me! LOL This is turning into a no work out weekend! I shouldn't have taken that rest day!:p
Yesterday I worked from 8am to 6pm with an "extended lunch break" in the middle. Today I am working from 8 to noon and then heading down to my FIL's house to visit for the afternoon & dinner. Getting up early enough to work out before an 8am shift on a weekend soooo wasn't going to happen....:oops:

Hi Ladies,

I'm up early today, must have something to do with the time change! One of the coaches at the new gym I go to has a 100 rep challenge for the month of November. Each day is a different exercise. That's where the 100 Burpees came from. Today is 100 ab roll ins which I'll use my ab wheel for.

I signed up for the Holiday Meltdown class at my rec ctr. I'm on the waitlist for the 7-8pm class. They have spots in the 8-9pm class but that is just too late for me.

Today's plan is STS Disc 35-plyo legs, Hiitmax or BR for cardio, then the ab roll ins. The weight loss challenge I'm in ends this week. I'll have to go weigh in sometime during the week. My weight hasn't really changed much. It was down several #'s after the Cathe RT, but is back to where it was before the RT. I see more definition though which should mean a change in body composition.

Beth-Welcome! Great job with MMA!! Can you tell us a little about yourself? I've been working out with Cathe for over 20 years! I'm married and have 3 grown sons and twin granddaughters. I've also been on 3 Cathe Road Trips! I like to participate in local triathlons, 5 and 10Ks, and most recently did a Half Marathon.

Wendy-sorry-certainly didn't mean to jinx you. How's Insanity going? Tomorrow will be PCC again. I do like those w/o's for early morning since they are short, but definitely not easy.

Hi Jacque, Tina and Laura.

Thanks, I think I will join you and get to know you all! Diana-you are inspiring! Now I see where you got the idea for 100 burps! That's fun to be in a challenge like that.

I started working out with Cathe after I bought the Step and had been on videofitness.com. My first exercises with Cathe were in VHS format. The only one of those I have left is Step Heat since she signed it on the road trip in 1999. I'd like to go again someday. I live in the wilds of PA (north central but that's wild is our claim to fame out here in the sticks). It's actually very tame-not much traffic, no malls within an hour, and maybe 10 redlights in the whole county. There are lots of hikes and biking areas which are great. I work as a nurse in a local nursing home and love it! My two boys are both in college and I'm married.

I'm not much of a competitor. I've done one 5k and one bike race (I was one of two people on a cross terrain bike). Everyone else had road bikes with tiny tires and went much faster! I was just happy to finish to say I did it. I did a round of Insanity last October and November. I got pretty lean and good definition in my abs. Now I'm just doing what I feel like doing.

With that, I'm off to do 3 of the 5 X77 circuits. I just got home from work and usually do something shorter those days.

Thanks for letting me join. It'll keep me motivated and I hope will do the same for all of you!

Beth

Last edited:
Welcome, Beth! Wow! You have a signed tape from Cathe?! That's so cool! A little about myself: I'm 43, married and homeschool or 4 boys ages 3-13. I've never done any 5k's or anything like that. Unless you count the 5k I "walked" in but didn't even finish. It was supposed to be run 5k or walk 10k. I was pushing Little K (now 3) in a stroller at a leisurely pace 2 summers ago... I own over 20 of Cathe's DVDs, but have never been on a Road Trip or met her. I live about an hour west of Philly (about halfway between Philly and Lancaster County-where my Hubby works) in Downingtown. We were both born and raised here. Well, Hubby in Roxborough (which is Philly) and Berwyn for me, about 45 west of Philly. I have a tough time getting in long workouts with homeschooling and tons of sports around here. I have a love affair with dark chocolate and also do Weight Watchers. Oh, and Lady Lep comes from my love for Def Leppard. :) I have seen them live 10 times! But missed them this summer, they were in Camden, NJ and I couldn't find anyone to go with me, but I also didn't want to spend hundreds to be up close but then sit thru KISS too, nor did I want to sit on the lawn and only pay $35. Bummer.

OK, so I had a great workout today! I did Party Rockin' Step #1 all the way thru!! So fun! I didn't get all the mambas and chachas, but had a lot of fun and sweat like crazy! I did that while my bread was rising and then took a bit of a break to make dinner and then did 34 min of Yoga Max premix #1. The other workouts that I was possibly going to do today were X10 premix 54: step, low impact and fat burning circuit or Intensity. But I wanted something fun. I know it was HiiT or metabolic training. But I did sweat, got my heart rate up and had a lot of fun!!

So Diana,how long did all that workout take?? It sounded long and tough! 2+ hours??

Diana, thanks for starting another thread! :) Not much to report over the weekend, other than working 16 hours cleaning and MM upper body only premix and abs. DH's back is on the skids again and the weather was too horrific to get out to bike. DH surprised me with a new bike light, so I'm going to try it out tonight. He has one similar and it's a bright as a head light. I'm going to try Amy Bento's A-team Boot Camp this morning. I couldn't resist the sale price at Collage. It's from 2006 and looks pretty dated. I previewed it last night and there's a lot of whooping going on, but it's Amy, so I can forgive that. ;)

Welcome Beth! Sounds like you're live in a great area. I'm on the seacoast of NH, an hour from Boston, an hour from the mountains, eight miles from the beach. I started with Cathe the same way you did. I think my first VHS was Body Max and I remember thinking, "way too advanced for me". Now my basement looks like an homage to Cathe. I too have older teenagers, DD 19 and DS 17. Let me say, I am so envious of all of you that have been on a road trip and met Cathe in person. Can't wait to hear more about you. :)

Diana, were you able to get more WFH days? I've been thinking about what I'll do for rotation, if the new workouts haven't arrived by then. Maybe a week of each: Xtrain; GS; 4DS; LIS; Max's. I'm seeing body changes too, but my weight is still the same. I had to buy new jeans and I went down two waist sizes. I'm loving STS pyramid style! If only I could behave with my eating. Your 100's sound exhausting! :eek:

LL, I almost fell off my chair when you explained where your name came from. Love it!!! :p Great job on PR1! :)

Happy Monday Ladies!!

This morning was BR Day 4, and 100 KB swings. Tomorrow night I will try to do the last disc of STS and finish off the STS rotation. My coach contacted me and scheduled my weigh in for tonight.:confused: I thought the challenge ended on the 7th and I would have this week to do some killer circuits and maybe drop a couple lbs. Oh well, it is what it is. I think they are having another challenge-texas hold'em. This is to prevent weight gain over the holidays. I'll find out more tonight. I'm thinking of doing the Nov 2013 rotation which focuses on glutes-my problem area. Along with BR and Insanity...and whatever else I decide on.

The rec ctr called and let me know I got into the Holiday Meltdown class. It starts on Nov. 10, on M/TH nights.

Beth-How was X77? That is an awesome disc with so many options. I started cathe with VHS too, BodyMax, MIC and MIS. Although I compete in many events, I'm not really competing against anyone. My goal is to do my best and finish in however long it takes me. I'm not fast by any stretch, but I can do it!

LL-awesome job with PRS1! My workout was less than 2 hours. On the weekends I try to hit both cardio & weights if possible. Plus I have a much more flexible schedule on the weekends and more time.

Tina-Yay for the new bike light! Hope it works out well for you. Going down sizes while your weight remains the same is an indication of fatloss and muscle gain! AWESOME! I wasn't able to meet with my boss on Friday to fill out/sign the WFH paperwork. Hopefully today. I got the impression its only going to be 1 day a week until my 6 months is up which isn't until mid January. I'll take it.

Angela-Hello! How do you like Cathe Live? I haven't tried it. What kind of rotation did you come up with?

Wendy-I saw your FB post this morning. I think splitting up PCC with weights sounds awesome.

Laura-how was your weekend???

bbl

This morning was a combo of Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit and half of the Heavy Weight Intervals from one of this month's work outs!
Here's what I did after a warm up::
5@20/35 of SandBag Squat, Split Stance Squat, Mountain Climber Push Up, Split Stance Squat, Alternating Vertical Slide Reach.
3 minute round of Plyo Cardio Circuit (suicides, Power Squats, Standing Mountain Climbers, Ski Downs)
Repeat Weights.
Repeat Cardio.
Repeat Weights.
Repeat Cardio.
Repeat Weights.
DONE! :)

Tomorrow's plan is to do the other half of both the weight intervals and Plyo Cardio Circuit the same way that I did it today!

Last edited:
Dropping in to say HI to Diana and Jacque! We met on the DBRT check-in and on the DBRT. I miss our checkin! Diana you are still whoopin' "bootay" and taking names. Good for you! You inspire the rest of us. I will be back later to see what you ladies are up to this week. Since the RT, I've had a lot of off days for various reasons, but I did do Cathe Live IMAX on Sat and Cathe Live Strong UB and Core yesterday and have a rotation planned out. Have a great week!

Hiya Angela - days off happen but good news is when you get started when you have the chance. Great job getting back to it. How does IMAX live compare to the other three IMAX's? Did you create your own rotation, do tell . . . ;)

Well ladies, it was a non workout weekend for me also, starting with Halloween. Have had sinus headaches since last Monday but not too bad until Saturday when I woke up. Spent the entire weekend on the couch trying to relieve the pressure ! (Except I opted to go to the hockey game Saturday night ! :rolleyes:).

This morning I'm doing better and decided to do the second month of the 3 month LIS rotation from a while back. On tap today was M1W1 CSBi's but I did W2 instead since I had done W1 a few weeks ago. And . . . I thought there were less push ups but NOT ! :eek: Oh well, did the best I could.

Diana - sounds like you have done well with the workouts. Not sure how long it would take me to do 100 burpees, though I am getting a little quicker at getting back up these days ! I like the costumes at Halloween too but our neighborhood is an older one with very few kids and even fewer that give out candy so it is pretty dead the past couple of years. Like Wendy, we always go out to dinner on Halloween since we stopped giving out candy.

LL - I still have yet to check out the ZWOW workouts but have heard such great things. Was going to do so this past weekend but did nothing instead. So Def Leppard, huh? That brings back some memories ! :p

Wendy - well sounds like we were in the same boat with workouts this past weekend. Oh well, such is life. At least the WW is working very well for you - congrats on the losses ! Good to hear DS had fun for Halloween and not at your expense ! ;) Way to go.

Tina - Nice job with your worksouts. Do you do a full weight workout + more and then cardio also? (Or did I read it incorrectly?) Nice of DH to get you a light and hope you got your ride in.

Beth - Welcome ! I was gone from checkins for a while and did not have the motivation I needed. Popped in this past summer and lo and behold saw Diana was going on the RT so decided it was the perfect motivation for me. We had a blast and I am slowly getting back in to shape and much more motivated. I dont' get here every day but am much more consistent with my workouts.

I am married with 3 adult children and 2 grandsons. Started working out with Cathe back when she was on FitTV and Body Blast was the current series. Previous to Cathe I was doing The Firm and Jane Fonda & Cindy Crawford before that. Yep, I am surely dating myself there! I have been on 2 RT's, both with Diana. I'm in CA so can't wait for the next San Diego RT which sounds like it might be this upcoming year.

Laura - hope you had a great Halloween and good luck with the asylum this week. :p

Until tomorrow . . .

So I tried Amy Bento's A-Team Boot Camp and really enjoyed it. She always has new twists on weight work, plus she uses the stability ball quite a bit, which I enjoy. I added on X10 Step at the end. Sweat factor was way drippier with Cathe! I tried out my new bike light last night. What a difference! We managed 30 miles. I'll keep riding outside until it's too cold, anything to delay spinning inside. :confused:

Angela, if I had the advanced technology, I'd sign up for Cathe Live. I keep watching the clips and the classes look like fun.

Jacque, I have M1D4 scheduled today too. I saw the push up count in the workout manager, and all I can say is :eek:!

Diana, I hope your weigh in went well. :)

Beth, I've only done X77 twice and don't plan on torturing myself with that again for a very long time. Phew!

Hi all! I'm checking in here on Tuesday. Ended up doing X53 on Sunday. It always feels like a new workout to me because I never remember what's coming up in all the circuits. Guess that's a good shock to it every time I do it! Monday I was off work and had laundry, cleaning, food prepping, errands, cooking and squeezed a little reading time in to my day. I didn't officially work out, but I wasn't sitting all day either. Today I'm going to take a walk outside wearing my weight vest, VOTE, and then am thinking about Cardio Leg Blast from X-Train.

Lady Lep-thanks for explaining your name! You are lucky to have seen Def Leopard 10 times! A few months back I saw them on an AXS TV concert. It was fun singing along with them! I have yet to master Party Rocking Step 1. I started with 2 and add on a section at the end to try to learn some of 1. Have you done 2 yet? So cool we're both in PA. Have you heard of the PA Grand Canyon? That's in my hometown.

Diana-hope your weigh in went well. You are finishing STS tonight! That's a lot of muscle. Please keep telling us what the 100's are! I like that idea.

FemBot-I wish I lived 8 miles from the beach! My sister-in-law lives in the White Mountains of NH. You're doing Meso 1? I did two weeks of that just last week. Have fun and good luck with all the push ups. Glad you can still ride. Saw on the news last night that snow fell in Maine. Stay warm!

Fit-Mommy it sounds like you've put together a really tough circuit with PCC and the heavy weights. That's a good way to do Insanity.

Angela and Jacque good to hear about your workouts!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I'm under the weather with some kind of sinus thing going on. No workout this morning. My weight was only down 1.2lbs but my muscle mass increased by 3.5%. :) Today calls for 100 Bird Feeders which I will do tonight. I signed up for the Holiday Hold'em. The goal is not to gain any weight over the Holidays. This is always tough for me.

I'm excited to say I may be getting a new car very soon! Under top consideration is the Nissan Rogue and the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. I'm looking for a small to mid size SUV with AWD. The Rogue gets much better gas mileage and with my new commute that may be the best choice for me.

Tina-Glad you enjoyed your Amy Bento w/o. I have several of her w/o's and like all of them. Most of them are weight w/o's, but I do have Kickboxing Xtreme that is awesome! Yay for your new bike light!!!

Beth-nice job with X53! I haven't done that one enough to have it memorized yet. It always kicks my butt though....the cardio is tough no matter which premix you choose IMO. I think I've done the complete X77 w/o 4 times.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

~ roadtripper pop-in howdy~
Greetings to all and Waves to Diana, Jacque and Angela from the RT, it was so nice to meet you all. It seems so brief now. Everyone sounds like they are doing well and staying busy before the new workouts arrive. : ) I am reading about them this morning and getting excited. Hi to Wendy, I think we've been on WW checkin in the past? I'm same as ever with my food and wt. : / There is such a high level of fitness on this check in! Hi to fellow hs'er LL. My 2 dds are hs grads. I did PRS2 today, I purchased it at the RT and I have really liked it. I gotta get me some of them purple shoes like from x10 and PRS1. Best regards to all.
PS to RTers, do you remember the garment company that Cathe mentioned for her knee pants? and the music they used? That mix that included What does the Fox say was awesome, I loved it.

Hello Ladies ..

Wow .. have some new people checking in .. :).. WELCOME! I am 48 years old - :eek: - been exercising every since I can remember and been a Cathe fan since her first VHS tape came out - I am in mid-southern Alabama - work full time (electric company) - married no kids except my furbabies and one nephew I like to claim as my own!! :) and I am a HUGE football fan - GOOOOO AUBURN TIGERS!!!! LOL .. my life is currently beyond stressed out - but I am trying to remain positive and praying things will soon work out for the better.

well it was a no workout weekend for me too .. I had a migraine most of the weekend! I did T-25 ripped circuits last night .. and tonight will prbly be Pi-Yo workout

Di - I have a Nissan and LOVE it .. think that would be excellent choice ..

Beth - what is X53?

Tina - I dont have any of the amy Bento workouts ..

Wendy - guess we all had a no workout kinda weekend .. and TOO much candy hanging around ..

Jacque - guess me and you had the headache kinda weekend .. LOL! not fun at all ..

OK .. better run .. it is insane here - full moon looming and first of month! UGH :mad: have a great one

Hi Ladies,

I'm still not feeling well, actually worse than yesterday. The sinus pain & pressure is awful. Needless to say, I did not work out today. As soon as I'm able, the last disc of STS is next on my list. After that I plan on starting the Nov 2013 rotation. I have a 5K scheduled for Saturday but am not sure I will participate or not.

Jody-thanks for popping in! Glad you like PRS! I haven't done either one of them enough to have an opinion. Sorry, I can't recall the music either. You should be able to get an answer to that question on the Upcoming workout thread.

Laura-sorry about the migraine, hope you are feeling better. I thought you had the maxima and the rogue has received some great reviews.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Happy Hump Day

Hi Ladies! Today was M1D6 and W&P abs. Yesterday was M1D4 and Pilates abs. I plan on a short bike ride tonight. Oh, and we moved a washer and dryer out of our house and onto someone's truck, which I will categorize as a mini workout, it made me break out in a sweat!

Off to do laundry at my mother's house. It's been a week since I've had a working washer and dryer, so the situation is reaching emergency status. I'll need a week to catch back up!

I'll BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Good to see everyone. I'm sorry about the migraine and the sinus pressure. Listen to your body as Cathe says and don't stress yourself out about not getting in a few workouts. I totally think moving a washer and dryer is a workout (functional fitness coming at ya)! I'm off to do an upper body workout-haven't decided yet.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.