Damage Control-May!!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Happy May Day

This was my first workout after 3 rest days. I did Plyo Legs and C&B. If all goes as planned, I'll finish STS on Tuesday! It's been snowing for the past 3 days, I'm so over it. UGH

I got my results right away, all good, come back in 10 years.

I tried selling my tablet on my local FB buy/sell/trade site with no luck. I really want to get a new one to take with me on my trip, but can't really justify the expense if I don't sell my old one. We are tightening the belt around here and it's no fun. It's all about choices.

LL-great job with Xtrain!

Beth-I ordered Whole 30 from amazon. It will arrive before I leave on my trip and I plan on taking it with me.

Tina-what are you up to?

bbl

Hi all!

Yesterday was Leaner Legs and today was Rock M, Sock M with abs.

Diana, I can't believe you're getting more snow. Apparently we need rain here and it's rained today. Glad the test came back positive. I have to call my doctor tomorrow to schedule more testing for mammo results. My mom has had some issues with density so that may be all it is. She plays a lot of tennis still and thinks we have more muscle than the radiologists are used to seeing. I hope that's it! Tomorrow I'm making another recipe from the book-shepard's pie with ground turkey and sweet potato topping. DH really likes the recipes so far! I'm doing that and roasted potatoes tomorrow. Tuesday I'm doing more hard boiled eggs and another recipe from the book-haven't decided yet. I've been practicing the diet to get ready for June-I've still been drinking some wine occasionally and having shakeology. Other than those though, I haven't cheated at all. I feel pretty alert all the time and not as grouchy at work. All in my head? I don't know. Part of me just wants to keep busy to keep my mind off my health issues right now. You are going to be in England during the final matches of the Premier League and maybe FA cup too! Liverpool only has a slight chance of winning one of the European Leagues they're in this year. They are rebuilding.

Off to shower. Thanks for starting the thread!

What are you up to, Tina and LL? Hope you had good weekends!

Beth

Busy Saturday, lazy Sunday I did food prep while everyone played video games. Today I did Boot Camp.

Anyone see the rotation for May? It looks really fun! I have all the DVDs except for Flex Train and I can sub Super Cuts for that, right? I'm not sure if I would try to double up on Boot Camp days, or just do the days that coordinate with my off BC days or just do it in order as I have off days. [emoji4]. I really miss my Cathe DVDs! I know I'm still doing them 1-2 times a week, but it's not enough. I wish I had known today was low impact sweat. I may have tried to squeeze it in somewhere.

But we had our last volleyball tournament of the year today! Bittersweet. Now we are down to 3 baseball teams and a flag football team.

Diana, snow! Yuck! We had rain all day yesterday and will have it all week. And it's chilly! So it doesn't feel like spring around here either! Congrats on finishing STS tomorrow! Happy you had good results from your test!

Beth, great job on the double workout yesterday! The whole30 sounds interesting, I've been pretty good with my nutrition and the scale seems to be moving in the right direction! But slowly!

Hi Tina!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had two great bike rides this weekend. Mileage came in as 99.5, so not our first 100 for the year yet. I was really sick after the ride on Saturday. I think I may have chugged too much water when we got home. I purchased some recovery drink to have after our next long ride. This week, for cardio, I'm doing the no name series that includes PRS and FT. Today will be GG w/ the barre portion. We have a rainy week in the forecast, so no bike rides until Sunday. DH surprised me on Friday, purchased a Cannondale Evo women specific bike. I have only seen it online, so I can't wait until it comes in. I've always ridden a man's (or should that be men's) bike, so I'm curious to see how it differs from what I'm used to.

Beth, I get called back after every mammo, so I know the anxiety you must be feeling. I fall into the "dense" category too. I'll be thinking of you this week. <3 I wish you lived nearby, I'd give you all the eggs you ever needed. That's awesome that you're mom is still playing tennis! :)

Diana, I'm sorry about the snow you're getting. How did you get so far ahead on STS. I'm ready to be onto something else. We have two more weeks after this one. That's awesome about your clean bill of health! When do you leave for England?

LL, I'll have to check out the rotation. When does schooling end for you this year?

Hi all,

Good news from the doctor-just some cysts and a follow-up ultrasound in 6 months.

LL, I think you can sub Supercuts for Flex train-both are metabolic.

Tina, I have a cannonade bike and really like it. It's a bit heavier than my last bike, but it has held up well. I hope you like yours. I can't imagine almost 100 miles in one weekend! We just go 10-15 per ride.

Yesterday I walked for an hour. Today so far I went to the doctor for the report and then vacuumed the house. I might just do a month of walking and go to the pool/hot tub. My body is feeling really sore. My right quad and hip flexor are sore, my back and shoulders are sore. And all I did was Leaner legs and Rock Em workouts. My diet is going very well. Today I'm going to make two of the sauces in the book-the ketchup and the curry sauce. The Sheperd's Pie turned out well and there's lots of leftovers. My goal for the next couple of weeks is to not snack. It's hard at work, but I want to stop grazing so much. We'll see...I already had a bunch of strawberries after we got home before I cleaned! By June 1st I want it to not be too hard to transition to the diet for 30 days. I'll give up the shakeology and the wine at that time. Good thing we're celebrating DS1's graduation this weekend!

Beth

Yesterday was RK in the a.m. and I had planned to do M3W2 BST with DH in the evening, but my FIL called and said he was put on alert that they had a kidney in Boston, if he was interested in having a transplant last night. He's been waiting for this call for four years and I'm the lucky driver who get to takes him. I rushed over and waited for the next phone call, to see if the kidney passed the necessary next test. Sadly it didn't pass, but I do think this means he's at the top of the list finally! I was so wrought with emotions when I got home last night, that I stress ate junk and went straight to bed to watch Nurse Jackie. I hope that next phone call comes in soon. I'm keeping a bag packed just in case. Today will be LLA and I'll finish week two of STS tomorrow. We're on day four of rainy weather, I can't wait to see the sun again!

Beth, fantastic news on your ultrasound! :) Congratulations on DS1 graduating! What are you doing for a celebration?

LL, the May rotation looks like fun! I'm going to try it when I'm done with STS.

Diana, are you overseas now?

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Tina,

I hope your FIL gets a kidney! A girl I work with has had a kidney transplant-it can work well. I enjoyed watching Nurse Jackie, she's so good and bad at the same time!

I am on a hiatus from working out. It actually feels ok. All Damage Control is from my diet right now. I am not as hungry as when I work out, so it's not been too hard. Tuesday was my last official workout-in the pool for a half an hour. We've been walking after dinner, but nothing real strenuous and I'm not even wearing my weight vest.

Maybe next week I'll feel like working out again. Sunday is a party for the family and any friends that show up. We're having cake, champagne, and shrimp. Should be fun! I'm really enjoying my book-Number 9 Dream by David Mitchell. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend and then start Fates and Furies for book club.

Diana, have you gotten to England yet? LL, what's your week been like?

Beth

Tina, so I actually only started the rotation today! I didn't workout at all yesterday or Tuesday. Tonight was ICE Low Impact Sweat. I think it's going to take me a really really long time to complete the rotation since I go to the gym. School should be mostly over by the end of May with a few things lingering like math...so stress, classes online are filling up, co ops don't have their classes set up for next year year and CHAP (homeschool convention in Harrisburg) is a week from Saturday! I'm so not ready!!

Hi Beth and Diana!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

I've had so many meeting this week...no workout yesterday. Today I did BR Day 26. I've also been doing laundry and getting things prepped for my trip. I have my clothes laid out on the bed, w/o clothes, swimsuit. I'm charging my portable charger and ipod...and making a note so I don't forget anything. I already printed off my boarding passes. I noticed that my flight lands in Chicago and 2:58 and my next flight starts boarding at 3:10. At least I know to rush through the tunnel to the other terminal. This will be my 3rd time doing this.

I couldn't sleep last night, nervous about traveling alone this time. I'm sure it will be fine, it's just a bit nerve wracking. Starting next Sat-Thurs I should be able to w/o every day. The first week...not sure. Thurs/Fri-the hotel has a gym. M-W...not sure. I found out yesterday that I have to travel to London on Wednesday. Too bad I won't have a weekend there. It's a 2 1/2 hr train ride each way, not looking forward to that one. Oh well. I may see if I can change my hotel so I can stay in London one night. The downside is I'll have to travel by train on Thurs do my next dest. If I go back, then I can catch a ride with a coworker for my Thurs/Fri.

DS3 just finished his last class for this semester yesterday. He had a calculus test and doesn't think he did very good. He's struggled with the class all semester. I hope he passed. There's nothing worse than having to re-take a class you struggled through. This is pre-req to a class he already took. When the counselors determined that, they made him go back and take it.

Tina-I hope your FIL gets his new organ soon. He must be at the top of the list now. 4 years is a long time to wait. That must be so stressful. Praying one comes through shortly. I checked out your bike online, it looks awesome!!

Beth-The whole 30 rules are quite strict IMO. If it helps me to make better choices, I'm all for it. I'm not an all or nothing kind of gal, more everything in moderation. For 30 days it is definitely doable. I think peanut butter will be the toughest for me to give up. Sounds like your body is telling you it needs a break.

LL-the May rotation looks great to me too. It takes as long as it takes, no worries about that. I think you would really like the BR 30 Day challenge, it's very similar to your bootcamp classes. I'm sure you are looking forward to summer! You are so awesome!!

Not sure when I will check in again....soon I hope.

bbl

Diana- I forget what BR stands for? It's really hard belonging to a gym. I miss my Cathe workouts. I mean to go 3-4 times a week but this week I only made it 2 times, Monday and Friday. Also on Friday I did low impact sweat and yesterday in the afternoon I did our RWH LIHI back biceps shoulders, one set and finishers premix. Yesterday I did RWH LIHI Legs and my legs are fried!

Today was off. We hosted both my mom and mil and brother in law, his wife and son. We were able to get a walk in and I planted a bunch in my garden.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

What a busy weekend! The party went off great and DS1 is officially graduated! Happy Mother's Day to all of you, too! DH planted a forsythia bush in my honor-I love them. Workout wise I did two of the Cross Train Expresses over the weekend. Today I think I'll go to the pool. I know I said I'd just walk, but like you, LL, I miss my Cathe workouts.

Beth

Happy the party went well, Beth!!

Today I went to Boot Camp and instead of going back to bed, I did RWH LIHI chest tris and shoulders no finishers.

Tomorrow will be RWH plyo 1? And ab circuits can't remember which one plates or Pilates I think!

Last boy getting swim lessons at West Chester Univ!

Hi Tina and Diana!

Oh, I find myself making Cathe comments at Boot Camp. Today one of the exercises was holding 5s out steady lateral raise while jogging in place. The second and third times thru was had to keep are arms up and move from a lateral raise to a front raise and I said, "anyone have 1 pounders?!" I've also said, " you can do anything for 13 seconds, the only thing you can't do is quit!" I amuse myself if no one else![emoji41]

Hi Ladies,

I've been busy working. The business park is beautiful with walking paths, retention ponds and fountains. It's a lovely walk into the office each day. Today I'm taking the almost 2 hour train ride into London. I have meetings there today. The trains are really booked up in the mornings and you have to have reserved seats. I'm heading in a little later to avoid the crowding..I hope anyway. Tomorrow I'll be off to another location and another hotel. No workouts to report other than walking to and from the office or to the large shopping center The weather has been pretty good, but very humid. Today will be rainy.

I did heart that the walk from Waterloo station will take me right by the London Eye. If it's raining though, I'll probably take a taxi. I'm on my own and that makes me a little nervous to be wandering about trying to find my way to the office. I may see if I can get someone from the London office to walk me around a bit. It sounds like Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the London Eye are all within walking distance from the office and Waterloo Station.

Beth-Congrats to DS1! What a great accomplishment. Does he have a job lined up. What's he going to be doing now? Will he move home for a bit??? Sometimes we need a break from our workout routine to rest and re-set. Listen to your body and do what's best for you. I know some folks who w/o 2 or 3 days in a row and then take a rest day, rinse and repeat.

LL-BR is bodyrock. I do their 30 Day Real Time Challenge. It's easy to change the exercises to fit your skill level or abilities. When my kids were very little, I worked out at the rec center and DH took care of the kids. It was simply impossible to exercise at home. Over the years I built up my w/o dvd's and equipment. Sometimes I would have a sitter come over for an hour or so and would go running. That worked out pretty well. Also, I would have the kids come down to the basement with a book, toy, whatever...so that I could w/o. They were not to fight, or interrupt me during this time. I explained that this was my time to workout. What I've determined over the years, is that my home workouts are just as challenging if not more so than the classes at the rec ctr.

Tina-what are you up to???

Off to figure out the taxi to train...train to London Waterloo...Waterloo to the office. This is kind of stressing me out.

Diana it sounds like your trip is amazing with seeing all hose sights!!

Yesterday I did RWH plyo 1 abs 2. Then we went to the Reading Phillies and I chased Keegan around the stadium. From there it was only 16 min to go and visit my aunt and uncle. Then we had about 10 min at home and then off to the Awana Cookout and Awards Ceremony. Long but fun day! I actually sitting in the parking lot at Boot Camp.

I gained all the weight I lost this weekend. [emoji17][emoji35]. Trying to get back at it with my nutrition.

Hi Tina and Beth!

Hi ladies,

LL, RWH plyo 1 is tough! I don't think I could even do that one justice, right now. Sounds like your workouts are going well. Don't worry about the weight-it's probably muscle. I fluctuate between a few pounds and am usually heavier when I'm working out hard-because I eat more!

Diana, I'm glad your trip is going well. I know you were worried about traveling alone. How has that aspect been? DS1 graduated and is looking for a job-I think. He lived at home during college and is a home body in general. He still has his job at the restaurant in town, but it's not something he can earn a living with. We're helping him as much as we can.

Workout wise, I'm still in a low key mode. I made ketchup and curry sauce from the whole30 cookbook and chicken caccitori this week. Today is my day off. We're going to Penn State to see DS2. He's doing a summer math class there and since he's had to drop his first two math classes, he better pass this one! I do not even want to consider what he'd do if he doesn't!

Hopefully I can get a workout or walk in tonight. I've got some wash in right now, so better go get it so we can get going! Have a good day all,

Beth

ps. Tina, In Fates and Furies, the main female character just took an 80 mile bike ride and works out like 2 hours a day!

Oh my, the new bike!! I've ridden the last two days and what a difference compared to my other bikes. I can lift it with one hand, it's so light. Climbing hills just became a lot easier. Monday was KM and STS. We rode Tuesday and last night. I only have plyo legs to do this week and we'll be finished with week number three. Only one more week left of STS. I'm going to take a rest week before I figure out another rotation. I'm feeling really bulky right now. My quads are looking pretty solid. I feel like a body builder when I flex them. They'll thin out as the season progresses. On the chicken front, we've has more chicks hatch. DS has a bunch of fancy breed chickens, so we don't know what they'll end up looking like. Crossing my fingers they're aren't roosters in this batch. The weather here is just beautiful this week, all the windows are opened!

Diana, what an adventure it sounds like you're having! How awesome you can immerse yourself into the tourism and not worry about what someone else wants to look at. You must be logging in some awesome walking miles! When do you come home?

LL, I find myself quoting Cathe while I'm working out. DH is even starting to say her lines right before she says them. We always answer her rhetorical questions, usually with expletives attached. Are you finished with homeschooling now?

Beth, I started reading Fate and Furies and I couldn't get into it. I'll pick it back up and give it another go. How do you like it? Have you and DH been out riding lately?

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Quick update as I'm prepping for the homeschool convention.

Boot Camp Wednesday morning and nothing since then. I did something to my upper back and have taken the last 2 days off. Part out of no time and partly because it hurts!! I've seen the chiropractor 2x and will try to go on Monday.

Tina, homeschooling is winding down but we usually finish most things around Memorial Day. In PA we have a lot of hoops to go thru. So we won't hit 180 days until the first or second week in June. Then I will be scrambling to get the portfolio finished, meet with the evaluator and then get that letter and next year's info prepped and given to the school district. Whew!

Beth- I'm always worried about that number! 2 weeks left of the challenge and I feel like I've blown the last week...

Hi Diana!

Off to CHAP! Homeschool convention in Harrisburg.

Hi Ladies,

I've finally made it to my last destination. All this traveling about and hotel hoping is not fun. I'm back in a familiar area and am happy about that. The trip here did not go as planned. It's a train with connection at one of the train stations. I got off where I was supposed to change trains, and found out that there weren't any trains running to my destination due to an accident on the tracks. They provided coaches to get us to our final destination. The traveling about has been stressful for sure.

Now that I'm back in a familiar area I feel much better. This location has the nice gym across the street, tons of restaurants and shopping. I even figured out where the office is. It's a 20 min or so walk, not too bad. It's the carrying the heavy laptop and bag that is not fun. I'll manage. I'm not working out today, but do intend on working out Sun-Thurs! Walking has been my only exercise.

Tina-glad the new bike is working out for you! Does the girls bike fit any differently than the boys bike did? Can you tell a difference? I usually feel a bit bulky towards the end of MESO 3 also. I don't worry too much about it though. I need to get back to reading The Miracle Morning. More chicks....goodness. I come home on Friday and am looking forward to it.

LL-Unfortunately, I didn't see all those sites. I did snap a shot of the London Eye from the taxi. London was very crowded with cars, taxi's, buses, and people. Not at all what I was expecting. I may have the chance to visit London in September with a girl friend. She is receiving a photography award in September. Hope your back feels better quickly. It's finding the nutrition balance that works for you. You still have to enjoy life. Keep up your hard work!

Beth-I've been right there with you on the low key w/o's last week. Walking, walking, etc. I finally got in over 10K steps today. I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd time since I've been here. What is DS1's degree in? Does he know what he wants to do? My 26 yr old still lives at home...GGGRRRR. He has a full time job too.

bbl

Hi Ladies,

I've been having problems falling asleep at a reasonable hour. It was okay for the weekend, but I need to make sure I'm up tomorrow morning. I made it to the gym today and it felt great to workout. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, and then my own 45 min circuit of weights/cardio with 30 sec work/10 sec rest. After cleaning up, I went out to lunch. The service was so bad, slow. It took 15 minutes for someone to come take my order. I had to ask for water...and never got a refill. They weren't even busy to boot.

I'll be setting my alarm so I can get ready and be at the gym when they open at 6am. That gives me about 55 to 65 minutes to w/o. I can get breakfast at the hotel and hope to head to the office no later than 8am. It's about a 20 min or so walk. I'm actually going to walk there again today and time it. I didn't think to do that yesterday.

This afternoon I will be walking around their shopping district. I don't need anything, but it's better than sitting around doing nothing.

What are you all up to today?

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.