Damage Control March!!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Wow, is it March already? So I've decided to start another round of STS with an extra leg/glute day thrown in. I should probably add more biceps since that is my weakest link. My weak biceps don't bother me near as much as I legs/glutes do though.

This morning I did BM2 Cardio Blast premix, lunch was STS TB lower body premix, and I walked for an hour tonight! It was fun to do an all out cardio w/o. My knee is a little sore, but we'll see how it feels in the morning.

LL-I listened to the video you posted and I agree with it. It is a similar concept to what they teach at my gym. Although they have kick butt circuit and weight classes, they focus a lot on nutrition. They have nutrition classes etc. My goal is 40% protein, 40% fat, and 20% carbs. Now that I'm done with my 21 day cleanse, I'm upping my protein...YAYYY.

Tina-wow, 40 miles is awesome. I don't know if I mentioned that they cancelled one of the tri's I usually do. It's the first one and it's in the pool. I love the tri training class and will have to see if it still being offered since they cancelled. There are other tri's and the class is always full.

Beth-what are you up to?

Happy March!!!

Quick update: Boot Camp class yesterday and RWH LIHI CTS no finishers today. Tomorrow will be Boot Camp at 5:15 and then WW, if I can go. Little K had a fever all afternoon and then the threw up right before he went to bed! Thankfully Hubby has a local meeting tomorrow and might be my driver for the day. Thursday I have my orientation at Boot Camp, half was yesterday and the rest will be Thursday at 6:20 am! The we will talk about nutrition, body fat and building muscle.

Tina, I need to get out my bike Little K was out on his bike and asked me if I was going to get out my bike. 40 mile ride wow!

Beth and Diana, I know I'm hard on myself, but I hate being overweight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I've been getting some over time this week so it's been busy. I'm really enjoying the MMs and upped the weights a little this week on back and bi's-nothing too crazy-used 10's instead of 8's for some of the exercises! As long as I get some DOMs I figure I'm building some muscle. Today was to be a rest day, but after Liverpool beat their opponent I was itching to do something so I did PR Step 2. It was fun and I hate days I don't do something fun for myself.

LL, you may be onto something getting up and getting your workouts in so early. I did that schedule when the kids were little and I worked in the schools. It sets a nice tone for the day. I listened to the link you had up. It sounds like a good plan.

Diana, you are really getting in good workouts! Thanks for starting the March thread, too!

Beth

Hi ladies,

Yesterday I did TTM Extreme and STS disc 1 and walked for over an hour. This step challenge is really making me up my steps. My cousins husband who had 2 knee replacements is kicking all our butts! The step w/o's really help increase my step count, but 3 days in a row will be too much. This morning was BR day 23 and I hope to fit in STS legs. I think it's disc 3 but I since I'm adding an extra leg day it works out better if I do UB/LEGS/UB/LEGS. We'll see how it goes.

LL-how was your class? Did you make it to WW? Pick a plan that you will stick with and the weight will come off. I agree with Tina, when spring hits you will be outside a lot more. I'm interested to hear about the nutrition training.

Beth-Way to go on upping your weights. I've the MM"s for biceps, triceps, and shoulders. Is there pushups in the chest MM? I totally sucked on all the pushups in disc 1. I can only get better from here. Sorry about the OT, but I bet the money is good. :) Do what you enjoy and you will stick with it. I must be the only one that doesn't love the PRS w/o's.

Tina-how's your zoo doing? I'm envious of all your riding. I may have to dust off my bike this weekend, if it doesn't rain.

bbl

Hey Ladies,

Where is everyone??? Yesterday I did STS disc 3-legs and a BR w/o, and walked for an hour. Today I did Imax 3 and walked for an hour.

DH is ready to talk to our realtor and find out what upgrades/updates we should focus on. He also want's to know what our house is worth. That makes me happy! Next year would be better for us financially to move. With all the building going on though, it's hard to know what next year look like. I'll probably give the realtor a call next week and go from there.

I booked the flights for myself and the girls, I still need to book their return flight with their dad.

bbl

Hi all,

Thursday we finally got the FASFA done-only took 2 hours with all the ID's and passwords. I feel bad for people that don't have a computer. How do they get all the paperwork done? Yesterday was CLB and shoulders. I upped the weights again and am feeling good. Cathe always seems to know what kind of program I need! I have two weeks left of the one body part a day and then I'm going to ICE/RWH. That should keep me busy! I've been reading my book club book as well-it's called Door by Magda Szabo. It's translated from the Hungarian and is the story of a writer and her "servant/maid". There's not a lot of action, but lots of character development and some political ideas that have shaped Hungary. Anyone read My Antonia by Willa Cather? The heroine's family was from Hungary and I love that book and this book lets me see into Hungary a bit. I'm not too far in it and have to have it done for the 21st. After work today I'll do BCC with Biceps and rest tomorrow.

Diana, double workouts is so awesome! IMAX 3 is killer! Glad you have the energy for it all and that the house plans are falling into place.

BBL-off to work.

Beth

I have the stomach bug. Hubby has it too while in FL for his annual golf trip!

Wednesday I made it to Boot Camp and WW. Thursday I made it to Boot Camp.

Nutrition: eat green face, more on that later. And I should be eating more protein 130-140g daily and less fat and the least carbs. So about 45:30:25 maybe?

Gotta go back to sleep!

Hi Ladies,

Let's see, Saturday was Intensity and STS Disc 4. Yesterday was a BR w/o and a short walk. This morning was my extra leg day-CLB, and I hope to do a BR w/o later today. STS is kicking my butt. I'm really struggling with all the pushups. My knee is starting to get better, enough that I can finally step. Running is still out of the question, but hopefully soon it will be good to go. I still have some pain and I don't want to push it.

Beth-Oh my, I still need to do the FAFSA. Thanks for the reminder. Way to go upping your weights!!! I never gave RWH a fair shake. I may be at a point where my knee can handle the jumping. I did like the circuits. I love following rotations so I don't have to think about what to do.

LL-Sorry you and your DH are feeling under the weather. It's amazing what a difference cutting the carbs does with you body composition. Good luck! I can't wait to hear about "eat green face".

Tina-waving hello...

bbl

Hi all!

Diana, good to hear your leg is improving! I know what you mean about push-ups....always my nemesis. Today I did CUB. It was ok-felt a bit easy. I have 11 more workouts for this rotation. I want to stick it out for the one body part/day aspect, so I'm ready for the heavier weights in RWH. You've inspired me to walk more-and walked yesterday after work and today after CUB-so thanks!

It is so nice here...upper 50's and supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow! Tina, we are putting air in the tires and plan on a ride tomorrow! This will definitely be the earliest we've ever gone.

Beth

Stomach bug is hopefully in its way out. JTrain has been kinda iffy all day. But other than that, we are on the mend.

So I drove out to Boot Camp at 6:20 am only to find no one there! Then I checked my email and the trainer's wife was having her baby! So back home to be for another 1.5 hrs. I did get RWH Low Impact 2 plus abs 1 in there! Love that one!! Tomorrow I'll do RWH LIHI BBS, what I had hoped to do but had the stomach bug instead.

I was so ready throw $147/mo for 12 mo at this Boot Camp, bout them after doing this one today, I really liked it! And no that Cathe has all the premises in there!! $20/mo is lookin' pretty good! If only it worked on Xbox 360!!![emoji29] But maybe I should just do it for the first month, $92 and there is a 30 day money back guarantee. I do really like it, the people, personal trainer, FB group, nutritional help, but I think I've gotten all the nutritional help I'm going to get and the body fat part...

So thanks to the stomach but I'm down to 173.6!! I haven't been this low since September! I just hope I can keep I'd down.

Today's "Green Face"

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1c mushrooms, 1c cantaloupe and 1t olive oil
Lunch: 1/2 grapefruit, protein shake
Snack: 2 chicken apple sausage, 2oz turkey deli style
Dinner: asparagus, 1/2c brown rice, 6oz tilapia, spicy sauce, 2t olive oil
Snack: 3 slices Rosemary roast beef from whole foods

I'm thinking about having some hot cocoa, which I double, but I use 1.5T whole foods mix, 1T ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa, handful ghiradelli semisweet chocolate chips and 1-2T half and half (sometimes the h+h).

Beth- push up are hard for me too! I'm thinking about doing two rounds and finishers tomorrow. Hopefully I can hack it! I felt like the burpees in RWH low impact today were almost easy compared to what I've been doing at Boot Camp, but the diagonal lunges I still couldn't keep up with!

Diana- I saw pieces of the plyo sts in the workout manager while creating my own "boot camp" and wow they look awesome!! I so wish I could get Cathe On Demand on my Xbox 360!!

Hi Tina!

Oh and I did have hot cocoa. But only a single with 1.5T mix and 1T cocoa, no chips or h+h and it was still yummy! Just the right amount of chocolate fix I needed!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did disc 5-back and triceps. I tried to do a second w/o later in the day, but I just wasn't feeling it. After being unable to complete the first 2 circuits I gave it up. This morning I did CCC, love that this w/o flies by!

I'm super busy with work now. I love keeping busy, but I've got about as many things as I can handle right now. I will be heading back to the UK around the end of the month. The dates haven't been finalized but I'm guessing a week and a half to 2 weeks. I'll be on my own this time. Now I have it down, where to get the train, where to change trains, taxi's etc. It sounds like a may be going to 2 different locations. More to come!

I have my annual physical on Friday with all the tests required for me to get my company contribution into my HSA. I'm going to ask him about my knee and how much longer it will be until it's completely healed and I'm pain free. On the braces front, these are progressing albeit slowly IMO. I can see the potential. I have two different configurations of rubber bands..DH calls them my muzzle. LOL

DH and I bought a new mattress/boxes-$4200.00, OH MY. 4 years no interest, but still another payment. I am making great headway on paying off everything though. We should be in a good financial position to sell and buy a house next year. I'm glad that we are on the same page now.

LL-glad to hear you are feeling better. Your nutrition is looking good, keep it up. When you add extra protein and stay within your calories, you will automatically adjust to eating fewer non nutritional carbs. I'm not about to give up my chocolate and don't think you should either. The bodyrock w/o's are on youtube, they are free and you should be able to use your xbox. Also, there is another gal, can't recall her name but her site myomytv.com and they are also free. You do have options. I haven't sprung for Cathe on Demand because I have her dvd's. I keep thinking about thought and my do the shortest option and see what I think.

Beth-Our temps are in the 50's and 60's right now. Hope you enjoy that ride! I cleaned out my closet, again. I got rid of a bunch of dresses that I've had for years and kept holding on too. 2 large bags of clothes. I'm trying to get down to 1 dresser drawer of t-shirts so I can use a drawer for my w/o clothes. I cleaned out a shelf in my closet for my w/o' capris and yoga pants. My tank tops, shorts and jog bras are all in a wicker basket next to my bed so I can grab and go if you will.

Tina-how are you and your zoo doing???

bbl

Hi all!

Today was a day off...I did LIS and Back yesterday and my shoulder feels like it needs a day off. DS2 is officially in Mexico now...he texted from the plane this AM according to DH. Last night was a whirl of checking in. Why does he wait until the last second?? Neither of our boys plan or try to keep their spaces organized. Why?? Don't they see how much easier it is to get things in order early and have a neat space?? Anyway...I'm rambling. DS1 is on Spring Break as well and got a new game for his computer...the homebody.

Diana, you're making me want to do CCC-I love that workout! If your knee is handling that, it must be getting much better! Glad the braces are working out...it's been an ordeal at times. I'm so jealous of your England trips! Seeing a match live is on my bucket list, for sure.

Tomorrow will be another day off-going out to dinner with the family and Liverpool plays in Europa League. Luckily it's on after I get off work. Two rest days in a row-been a while. On the nutrition side, I stopped eating at 2 PM today so it's like a mini intermittent fast day. Hopefully I be able to keep my diet under control tomorrow, too.

Beth

PS.I cut off all my hair to just above my shoulders on Tuesday-a curly layered bob. I'm still getting used to it, but it's so much cooler! I'll try to get a new picture in the next week or so.

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did Tabatacise and core 2, lunch time was did STS disc 6 minus the extra conditioning at the end. My mouth is really hurting with the extra rubber bands. As long as they do the trick, that's all that matters.

I have some dvd's to sell if any of you are interested. Things like turbo fire, P90X+ and some others I can't think of right now.

Beth-I'm trying to take my queue from you and have been de-cluttering for months now. I have pictures all over the place. I want to box them all up as well as the pictures on my walls. We will be having the interior of our house painted in the next few months and they will have to come down anyway. My youngest saves everything and you can barely walk through his room. We told him we found a bed for him but will not get it until he cleans out his room. I plan on cleaning out the cup/glass cabinet this weekend. We have a gazillion coffee cups we don't need and some glasses that can go too. My hair is almost to my bra strap....too long for me. I'm going to have several inches taken off next time I get it cut too.

Hi LL and Tina.

bbl

Hi all,

So Wed. I rested, Thur. ended up doing CCC between soccer and dinner and last night I did Pure Strength C/S/T. Yes, I strayed from the rotation, but after work I need something shorter sometimes and CCC and PS are perfect for it! Today-depends on my energy and mood. I know I want to take a good walk and will probably do PS BBA-that's my plan now...

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a much needed rest day. I had my physical in the morning, met a friend for lunch, and had an evening massage! This morning I had a microderm and facial. After have my 2 cups of coffee when I got home, I tackled BR Day 25 and STS Disc 7-CSB. I'm really struggling with all the pushups this round and did some on knees. booh....at least I did them.

Today I'm going to tackle the glasses/coffee cup cabinet. We seriously have way too many coffee cups and specialty drink glasses (that never get used). My goal is to work through my house and get rid of the stuff we do not need. Right now I want to focus on the kitchen and be able to get the stuff sitting on the cabinets into a cupboard. It sounds much easier than it is.

Beth-Glad you are able to find workouts that fit your time-frame. I'm about to head out on my walk today. I've been short on my 10K steps almost every day this past week.

bbl

Hi all!

So Tuesday I did RWH LIHI BBS two sets plus finishers
Wed- I didn't get to Boot Camp, so it was a rest day
Thurs- for the life of me I can't remember if I did a dvd or nothing! My plan was RWH LIHI CTS, but I don't think I did it!
Fri- Boot Camp
Today- Boot Camp

So we are semi celebrating my bday today since last Saturday I was sick. Meaning I picked up a cake and mini she's are from wegmans on the way home from a 2 hour trip to Dick's Sporting Goods buying all sorts of baseball stuff for the boys and some workout clothes for me, but I'll be returning much of it: 3 capris, 1 long and 1 shorts pants, 2 tanks! 20% off because of our Little League.

So my eating will be off today. I was "good" thru dinner, well, I guess whole wheat burger bun w/ mayo isn't great...

Still not totally decided on the Boot Camp purchase. I may get it and them cancel at 30 days. And then it will be easier to convince Hubby to let me get Cathe On Demand, and a cord to connect it to my iPad or iPhone (lightning on one end and the red/white/yellow on the other end) especially since all the premixes are on it!! I would love to try STS or pieces of it anyway.

Just a quick chime in, just getting upright from the flu. I can't wait to read through your posts and catch up with everyone.

BBL :)

Hi all,

I took a 75 minute walk/jog on Sat. with my weight vest. My hip flexors are feeling it and I couldn't do cardio today. Instead, I did PUB. Tomorrow will hopefully be cardio and then back to the rotation.

Tina, sorry to hear you got the flu.
LL, good to see you keeping up with workouts!
Diana, I end up taking mugs to work-have gone through at least 3-they get stolen or broken. I'm to the point where I don't care anymore-at least I'm using them! It's so rewarding getting things organized.

DS2 gets into Pittsburgh at 9:30 tonight....am waiting to hear from him.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.