Damage Control March!!

Hi all! Glad to see everyone is getting some workouts in. Missy, I hope your stomach feels better! I'm on a RWH kick the past few days. Sat. was HCLB, Sun. was HCUB, and Monday I did LIHICST. I really like how short yet effective the weight work is. There's not endless sets. I'm still trying to decide what I'll do today! Diana, I'm with you on how long Meso 3 workouts are. I really have to schedule and stick to the schedule if I'm going to do STS. And I don't like feeling like I have to do any workout! LL, have you ever tried counting your bites? If you allow yourself like 25 bites at each meal it works out pretty well that you don't overeat. Just and idea... I did Cathe's Cardio Fusion DVD last week and it had some of LIC in it...Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! Off to prep meals for the rest of the week...

Beth

Good morning. I'm back into full swing. DH is back to work after his six week recovery. We did MM together a couple times over the last few days. Monday I started Meso 3 and have really gone heavy. I'm going to need to buy either some heavier dumbbells or much heavier hand weights. I could also use more plate weights. It feels good to max out. Until we can get back out on the road biking, I'm going to keep with the schedule of MTW being STS and then a long cardio on Thursday and a circuit or total body workout on Friday. We still have about a foot of snow on the ground and the temps are frigid.

Diana, congrats on finishing another 10K! Thanks to you, I'm going to put The Gauntlet into rotation this month. I haven't done that one in years.

Beth, I just read it was your 50th. Happy 50th and keep rocking those workouts! :)

Missy, I hope you're feeling better. How did the scope go?

Off to do M3D27. If I have time I may try to squeeze a short RWH cardio in. Have a great day! :)

Hi Ladies,

I've totally fallen off the clean eating and working out wagon....and now I feel like crap. I'm wishing I would've signed up for the Spring Cleaning challenge at my new gym. The challenges are cheap-$10-$35 and definitely help keep me accountable. Although I really want to do Meso 3, I just do not think it is doable. I just need to make a decision and have plan...which I currently do not...and am not doing anything. UGH I did manage a BR w/o yesterday morning, but totally overate and still feel like crap today.

On top of all that, I only got about 2-3 hours sleep last night....and it took me an hour and forty five minutes to get to work today. Wow, I'm quite the whiner today. Needless to say I did not w/o this morning....but I plan on doing something tonight. I'm also off kilter since I don't have class on M/W nights.

Missy-Do you have gluten intolerance perhaps? I occasionally have those same symptoms and have never really been able to determine the cause. Painful belly bloat is awful. Feel better soon.

LL-Perhaps your friends would like Max 30-different strokes for different folks you know. I'm glad you are finally feeling better and getting in a w/o. I know I would feel so much better if I got back to w/o.

Beth-Meso 2 is my favorite, but I do enjoy Meso 3 but have a hard time fitting them in with my long commute. I could do them at night over the next couple weeks before tri training starts. Do you follow any kind of rotation, or just play it by ear each day? I have no room to complain as I do not have your long work day schedule.

Tina-way to go with upping your weights! That is so awesome. Do you use a barbell at all? I wish I had a 45# bar, that would help me a lot. I struggle with Meso 3 because it is difficult for me to get my heavy barbell off the rack and back on. I need to work on the back side, definitely slipping on the backside..UGH. Perhaps Xtrain with bonuses would be a good rotation to follow. I'm so undecided and my w/o's are suffering because I dont' have a plan.

Hi Laura & Jacque!

Hi all! Cardio Kicks called to me yesterday. It was fun! I wore my 12 oz. gloves the whole time. My lats feel it today! I don't know yet what I'll do today....

Diana, you're sound like you're in a slump...sick of the weather and sick of everything it sounds like. I've been there. Sometimes you just need to vent. I ate poorly yesterday and didn't even weigh myself today...just didn't want to face it! Everyday is a new day. Drink a lot of water and do something fun for a workout. As you can tell I'm not big with rotations. The only one I did was the Rock Bottom Updated rotation and loosely did STS all the weigh through 1 time. Sometimes I'll do Meso 2 for a month for weights-like you it's my favorite. I also have this thing with pushups...I dread them! I don't mink a set or two, but the endless ones of Meso 1 are not appetizing! I'll do them when I do Gym Style but I take lots of breaks between. It probably takes me closer to an hour to finish the Chest/Tricep workout.

Tina, you must be so strong! Do you take days off between MM? Have fun with Meso 3! Glad to hear your DH is back up to speed. I wish I could get mine to lift weights with me. He tried one time an ab routine of Cathe's and thought it was too hard and he wasn't a fitness professional, and ...blah blah blah. He's never been back for more! Oh well.

LL and Missy-are you feeling any better?

Beth

I thought I had posted earlier. Oh well. I was able to do LIS trivets lower body and my leg are felling it today, it was really hard for me! Today was supposed to be trivets upper but I slept thru my alarm. And then was out the door by 8 am and didn't get home until after 5. I'm still super tired and I got almost 8 hrs of sleep last night! I guess I still haven't really recovered from the stomach but. My body is still very tired. I still need to prep for my class tomorrow, which won't take long 20 min maybe? And make sure I have lunch prepped for tomorrow. Most of it I did already. And then I'll be going to bed. Little K has a runny nose and I fear I could have caught his cold, I've been sneezing a bit since I got home. I'm not sure if I'll get in trisets upper tomorrow.

Diana- I ended up getting my fried Intensity and Ab Circuits when they were n the one day deal a few days ago.

Beth- yes finally feeling better from the stomach bug, but I'm afraid colds are coming. I'm really hoping it gets warm soon! It was 27° when we left this morning! Tomorrow supposed to be in the 60s but raining all day. Just as long as we are all well enough to plant my garden on Saturday and the weather cooperates! And I never thought about counting my bites! Interesting. I have been seeing the scale continue to move since I lost about 5 due to the bug. I have been focusing on portion control and not eating after 8. Mainly because I've eaten all my WW points!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All--

Do you remember me? I hope you're all doing well.
I miss the Cathe forum ladies.
Be well, and keep on sweating! :)

Jen Panicacci

Hi Ladies,

I was very tired last night but took melatonin anyway. I usually fall asleep fine, but wake up for hours sometimes during the night. The middle of the night is not a good time to take melatonin. I too it around 9pm and slept all night. YYAYYY.... I'm working from home today which allows me to sleep in and drink my 2 cups of coffee before starting my w/o. This morning I did a 55 min BR w/o and have decided to go ahead with meso 3. I will start with disc 25 tonight and plan on doing plyo legs in the morning.

LL-hope you aren't coming down with something again. We tend to have colds run through our house too. They just have to run their course. Way to go with lower body trisets!!! I printed off a couple of rotations that I plan on mixing in with STS. I've usually eaten almost all my calories before dinner...it's so frustrating.

Jen-absolutely I remember you, the San Diego RT! Jacque and I went to Dayton RT last year and I'm trying to convince her to go again this year. I plan on signing up. How are you doing and what have you been up to? So nice to hear from you.

bbl

Hi Ladies,

What is everyone up to? Last night I did STS disc 25-C&B using 75# barbell for chest presses, deadlifts and rows! This morning I did Disc 26-plyo legs. Hopefully I'm back on track for now. I do have a training class all next week. I'm looking forward to the class, but not the long commute each day. We may get out early which allow me to get in a workout after work.

bbl to see what everyone is up to.

Two days off for me. I just needed rest and had too much going on I guess. I am still feeling the trisets lower body from Monday! But this morning I did LIS Cardio Supersets. This push ups and mountain climbers are hard! I wasn't dripping like I am with HiiT but it wasn't easy!

Diana- thankfully I think I may have escaped that cold or it's it slow coming. I did sneeze once today. I'm not a sneezer unless I'm sick. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

I'll be joining the low impact train for a bit. I'm going to do that, bike, yoga, and weights for a few weeks. I have hurt my foot somehow. Last Sunday before work I was walking to the car and it felt like I had a splinter in my right lateral foot. I didn't get a chance to address it until Sunday night but soaked it and tried to get the splinter out for a few days. Then I started having a lot of pain with standing and walking. I now do not think there ever was a splinter and that I've got something wrong with that part of my foot. So I took Thursday off working out. Yesterday I called my foot doctor and did LIHIBSB. So much fun! This foot has been through a lot in its like. I broke it in a car accident when I was 18. Developed tarsal tunnel in it and had surgery on it at 33. And now this. My husband doesn't think I should be jumping around like the professionals, of course. I am fearful enough about just being able to walk without pain and to continue working to agree with him. Naturally this will enforce very clean eating (blah) at all times. I see the podiatrist Thursday and will keep you updated! I'm looking at it this way though...I can still do weights and bike and yoga. Also, my foot doesn't hurt today-right now. Of course I haven't put a shoe on (just a sandal)...so we'll see. Since my last surgery I have always worn shoes with orthotics or birkenstocks which have really good support. Oh, and it snowed here last night!

LL, I love cardio supersets! I may just do that one today!

Diana, glad you've got your groove back. Maybe it was just a matter of starting Meso 3 and now that you have it's ok!

TTYS,

Beth

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did Intensity...and had a blast with it! Then I did STS Disc 27-SBT and the ab challenge from my gym. Later today I have a massage scheduled. I'm really looking forward to it too.

LL-glad you escaped the cold! Sometimes life just gets in the way of our workouts and you just have to go with the flow. Cardio supersets is a fun one! I know what you mean about the mountain climbers and pushups!

Beth-oh no, I hope it isn't anything too serious. I've had 5 surgeries on my right foot and it is a mess. 3 bunionectomy's, morton's neuroma, and a tendon release. I may be joining you on the bike! Hate to rub it in, but we have 70 degree temps today!

bbl to see if anyone else pops in.

I ended up doing LIS Step Express on the Cardio Supersets DVD for 32 min today. I was losing at all her step workouts: IMAX 2, BM2 (step only), Hardcore Extreme, Intensity Step only and PRS1&2, but wanted to stick with the LIS al long as I can. But I cans we where the music can start to get to you. I may do turbo barre tomorrow or yogamax or yoga relax. Depends on timing, I will be planting my garden tomorrow! Garden is almost read, just needed some more soil, which I bought today with all my seeds. So excited! We, JTrain, CDawg and I, weeding it all out, took about 1.5 hrs in 37° windy weather! But it is almost finished. Now to get them started on sorting the games in the basement, missing/broken pieces, everything needs to go back with its own game or thrown out.

Diana, I'm jealous of your weather!! No fair! It's only going up to 46° tomorrow, a little warmer for planting.

Beth, sorry to hear about your foot issues,

I was doing well with my weight this week, small amounts of chocolate daily, but then yesterday it was a frustrating afternoon out Witt he kids, so I ate 1/3 dark chocolate bar. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had 3 small pieces of cake after dinner! So I'm up 3, I'm trying to go back to my only 1-2 smallish servings of starches/carbs per day.

This week was STS Meso 3, week one, RWH LBC and The Gauntlet. We managed two short bike rides this weekend. Our ride on Saturday was during snow squalls, at one point you could barely see because it was coming down so hard. My helmet vents were full of snow when we got home. Desperate times...

Beth, I hope your foot is feeling better! Thank goodness Cathe has so many low impact choices. :)

Diana, sounds like you've bounced out of your rotation rut, nice job! Intensity and disc 27, now that's motivation!

Off to do disc 28 and some abs. I hope you all have a great day! :)

Saturday was low intensity plyo from RWH. Sunday I did Total Body Trisets upper and Monday was Total Body Trisets lower. My foot is feeling a lot better. I may even cancel my appt. I'm waiting until Wed. to see. I think I must have been overdoing the intensity. On the plus side, my eating is definitely better and I have no pain in my foot. Tina, I'm just not ready to ride in this weather! Good for you guys for going! LL, how did the planting go? Diana, how was the massage? Feeling good?!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Sunday I did BM2 Cardio Blast-super fun and then STS disc 28-C.&B. The Chest & Back w/o's are my least favorite. It is just so difficult getting the barbell on off the power tower....and it seems to last forever. I couldn't sleep last night as usual-so no workout to report for today. I did manage to go for a walk tonight and get in my 10K steps. I do have to say it's fun getting in some Cathe Step w/o's. I've been doing BR and they are circuits. It was fun doing straight cardio. I need all my strength for Meso 3.

I'm in a training class all this week. My brain is full and it's only Monday! If I can get myself up tomorrow, the next STS disc is on tap-plyo legs.

LL-I hear ya on the carbs, it's a daily struggle for me too. Cutting the carbs and increasing protein has done wonders for me. Yay for getting your garden in! Do you grow your own veggies?

Tina-you and DH are seasoned riders to ride in the snow like that. I'm not very good on my bike, and definitely won't be riding in anything but sunny/dry weather.

Beth-glad your foot is feeling better. Hopefully it is nothing serious and will resolve on its own. The massage was wonderful. She's working on my rhomboid region on the left side. I've had issues since my tri last August. I would get a massage every week if I could afford it.

bbl

RWH low impact 2 at 9pm tonight, not my fave time to workout but we were in Philly all day. I took the train in with all the boys and went to the Academy of Natural Sciences. Fun time! Not sure what I'll do tomorrow, I feel I need to do upper body weights, maybe it will be LIS (1part but almost an hour) or RWH (2 parts, one almost an hour).

Beth- I did get my garden planted! Just before sundown yesterday, it was cold!! I planted snap peas, romaine, lettuce, onions, leeks, carrots and potatoes. Glad your foot seems to be feeing better! I hope it stays that way!

Diana-I love BM2! I just haven't brought myself to do an older video in a while. I totally agree about cutting carbs and upping protein, I need to make that a habit.

Got in LIS trisets upper premix 30 min chest shoulders triceps. It was hard! I kept up with Cathe for all the wts but couldn't on the push-ups most were done on my knees.

Oh my word, we are terrible parents! 3 kids on sports teams, 4 baseball and one volleyball. Missed Tryouts for CDawg and his first practice last night!! We feel terrible.

Kids are not off but we only have 2.5 days this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was disc #29, plyo legs and the bonus leg portion of disc #6. I'm skipping abs for the rest of the week as I think (sorry if this is TMI) I have another ovarian cyst and it's pretty painful. Hopefully it will clear up in the next few weeks on its own. Sometimes I hate being a girl!

Diana, I was just thinking about doing BM2 on Friday if I have enough time for it. I wish I had a power tower. I just use my step and hoist that weight up and back. I have a really hard time getting the weight back to the floor on the incline chest presses. I have to kind of slide out from under it with one side on the floor. Did you hear back from that other company you applied to? I might have missed that when I was away.

LL, you are an awesome parent! You have some very lucky kids! It's really hard to coordinate even one child's sport schedule. I certainly don't miss the travel soccer DD used to do every year, it was exhausting to keep up with. Nice job on your workouts! :)

Beth, that's fantastic your foot is healing so fast! I hope you can cancel that doctor's appointment.

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi ladies,

So I only had about 40 minutes to work out this morning so did a short BR w/o/. Tomorrow is plyo legs-disc 29 I think.

After driving for an hour to my training class....some construction workers cut a gas line and the building was closed. I came home, ran to costco, then my coworker texted me around 11 that the building was open. I opted to do the training from home as I was not driving an hour back down there. UGH. Unfortunately I couldn't hear the lecture, but could read the chapters and do the labs.

LL-that is determination....getting that w/o in at 9pm! Way to go. It's hard to keep up on everyone schedules. I'm sorry Cdawg missed his tryouts and first practice, it's not the end of the world. Hopefully Cdawg and the coach is understanding. It's hard to keep up with Cathe on pushups/she's a machine! Hate to rub it in, but we may have hit 80 degrees today! It's supposed to rain tomorrow and snow on Thursday and Friday.

Tina-I've tried not using the power tower but I just can't safely lift the bar up and down without it. I used 85# for C&B earlier this week. It would be nice to have 2 bars and enough weights for both of them so I can leave one on the tower and use the other for back/legs. Hope the cysts goes away by itself. I had an ovarian cyst once and thought I was going to die. Take care of yourself. Oh, after 4 interviews...the 2 in person interviews went really well too...I was not hired. They didn't actually hire anyone yet and are still looking. I was missing the project management experience they were looking for, but they indicated that could be taught on the job. I've been invited to a job fair at that some company for later in April. There is still a chance.

Okay-tomorrow is the new month-who's starting the April thread????

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.