Damage Control March!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did a long BR workout-day 16-75 minutes, and then STS Disc 18-back & biceps. My biceps are my weakest link. I'm sure being sore from the friday night class didn't help.

No workout to report for this morning. Tonight is spring fitness class. I hope we do a lot of cardio tonight, otherwise I won't get my steps in since I didn't workout.

Missy-you are doing great with your workouts. I eat differently when I'm not at work. I still track everything on MyFitnessPal and (try) to stay within my calorie/protein range.

LL-I hear yah on the chocolate. I've learned over the last couple years that I do not need all the chocolate. It's taken me years. I've also learned that I really just want the pure chocolate, not the cake, cookies, brownies and such. So happy you are loving Max 30!

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Hi all. Thanks for starting March's thread, Diana. You seem to be getting a lot of good workouts in! LL, I believe Max 30 is just what you've been looking for! Great job getting it in most days. I've been doing this and that this weekend. Saturday was Cardio Supersets with Step before an extra shift at work. Sunday was X10-LI, Cardio Blast, and Fat Burning segment. I am on my way to workout right now...came here for some inspiration! I just don't know yet what I feel like doing. I'll let you know.

Carry on all! Waiting to hear what everyone is up to.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Last night was Spring Fitness Challenge class. After running 1 mile, we did a variety of stuff from BodyPump, BobyVive, BodyStep etc. Our challenge of the week was to try a new fitness class, so she gave a run down of several of them. It was a fun class since I love stepping. Interestingly, the guys in the class found stepping very difficult!

This morning was CCC! I love this no nonsense, no equipment needed w/o! I also started a March ab challenge at my other gym.

Tomorrow is our biometric screening at work. Good results get you a discount on your insurance premium. They test blood glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure and BMI. My glucose and blood pressure should be good. My cholesterol has been high because my good cholesterol is so high that it causes my overall cholesterol to be high. Of course, my BMI is always bad. :( I hate that they use BMI as I do not feel it is a good indicator of one's health. )

Beth-nice job with X10. That workout never seems to get any easier. It so versatile too! How is your No Sugar challenge going for March?

bbl

Diana, thanks for once again starting our monthly thread! :) I can't remember when I did my last check in. Sunday was a day off, Monday was PH2 and M2D22. This morning was PP with DH slow pedaling next to me. He left right after to go to an insurance meeting, so I sneaked in M2D23 while he was gone. Only one more disk to go to finish Meso 2. We've been walking a ton in the freezing cold, between five and six miles a day. You'd think I'd be losing weight instead of gaining. Normally I wouldn't be too concerned, but next week I'll be in shorts with my pale bluish Irish skin and extra flesh. I guess all that matters is we'll get a brief escape from this winter hell hole we're living in right now. It is once again snowing for the second time this week.

Diana, you keep churning out the mega workouts! I remember what you said you could lift for biceps, they are not a weak link for you! I wish I could lift what you can.

Hi all! I don't love Max30, but I love that they are 30 min, actually 32 if you count the cool down and tack on another 10 if you do the abs which I do 3x per week. I miss Cathe though! She has the fun factor! I don't think I'm seeing any results either. I haven't measured, and I won't until Saturday but I've weighed and I'm the same or a little over. But I haven't been perfect with food. I feel like if I'm not perfect, I've failed and can't say the workouts don't work (Cathe or not) if I don't eat right. Today was a good day, didn't measure much, but tried to stay in control. Dinner I probably over ate the brown rice because it was so good mixed in with veggies! The chicken was dry. Boo. But we will see, I am really hoping to drop at least 10 by the end of the 8 weeks. I've been perfect with the workouts! But I know it's more about food.

I craved chocolate tonight and chugged a glass of water and have been sipping Pellegrino.

Hubby comes home late tomorrow night, actually more like Thursday morning. Hopefully the snow won't affect him. We are "supposed" to get a doozy. Only 2 of the kids have strep again, just now. Hopefully it will go away for good!

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did Tabatacise, 1-5. Tomorrow or Friday it's back to STS.

So I have another face to face interview late tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I do well. I believe this interview is with the manager of the folks I interviewed with last time. They will video in the Director who is in San Francisco.

Beth-how is the no sugar going? I'm sure you're a pro at this challenge by now.

Tina-That's great that DH is able to spin a bit now. Too funny that you had to sneak in a w/o when he was gone! :) I have those same pale bluish irish skin.

LL-its all about nutrition. You can't exercise away a poor diet. Have you tried getting rid of the non nutritional carbs? I've seen the best results from eliminating bread, flour, sugar, rice, noodles, and the like. Also, by following my calorie/protein goals I don't really have any room for the non nutritional carbs. You are doing great with Max 30!!! I have a hard time doing Max 30 so early in the morning.

Waving Hi to all that follow.

Hi all,

Diana, I also did Tabatacise 1-5 today...so much fun! Monday I ended up doing MIS and was doing pretty good until we got to the crazy 8's with a 35 lb. barbell! I dropped to 10's! Tuesday I just wasn't up to working out so took the day off. I'm starting to see a pattern lately of only being able to do 4 days in a row and then needing a rest day. The sugar challenge is going fine. I'm starting to think I could just do it all the time and occasionally have a sweet instead of focusing on it for 10 days. I've dropped 3 lbs. since starting this and would be happy to just maintain that.

Tina, where are you going on vacation? If you're packing shorts it must be somewhere warmer! Glad to hear your husband is getting back on the horse/bike! He'll be in form for the summer riding for sure! I'm so glad we turn the clocks ahead this weekend. It makes me feel like Spring is finally close.

LL, don't get discouraged. Keep drinking lots of water and eating the best you can. Be glad you're getting your workouts in. Throw a Cathe in every once in a while just for fun! Good 30 minutes of hers are: Leaner Legs, various HiiT, CCC, an upper body premix...I'm sure you can find something!

Beth

hello....i haven't done much this week! I discovered that the Roku is amazing and streams the workouts better than any computer in the house, but it's downstairs and I don't want to lug equipment up and downstairs, so I'm thinking of getting one upstairs.

I have done a bit on the Hiit workouts, which are amazingly difficult, but kind of fun, so I go at my own pace. I've found a group to belong to about the eating.

My parents are out of town and my son will be with my late husband this weekend.

Hi all, Thursday was ME and today I did IMAX 3. Tomorrow will be a metabolic workout-I'm itching to do HCUB. So for the week I did two total body, two cardio, and two metabolics (assuming I workout tomorrow). I think I'll stick to that this month!

Diana, how did the interview go? DS is on his way home now. I'm off to make ham and scalloped potatoes for supper!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Thursday morning I slept in, but had class at night. I'm happy I didn't miss a w/o. This morning was STS disc 19, CST. I'm working from home today and hope to make it to the Friday night "Happy Hour" class. Yep, that's what they call it. The scale was "kind" to me this morning! :)

The 4th interview went really well. I should hear back from them the middle of next week. Hopefully it's more $$, it's another 3 miles down the highway for me. I don't think I will change if the salary is the same as I make now. DH and will discuss if I make it that far. It sounded very promising. They asked how much notice I would need to give, etc.

Beth-MIS is one of my first Cathe w/o's and a favorite. With all the newer stuff I don't reach for it as often as once did. I'm telling you, my biceps are my weakest link! I don't know many who can match Cathe for bicep weight and all the reps. Your dinner sounds delish, enjoy! It sounds like you have a nice rotation planned for the month!

Missy-I've heard great things about the Roku. I haven't gone the streaming route, good ole DVD's work best for me. I do sometimes get the downloads, but really only use the spin w/o's at the rec ctr. Otherwise I just use the DVD. I hear yah on the HIIT w/o's, I do my best but am not able to keep up with Cathe and crew as far as reps go. I'm glad you found a group to support your eating and nutrition goals. I know what I should be doing, but doing it is very challenging at times. I plan and prepare my meals ahead of time as often as possible. Having a plan and being prepared is what seems to work best for me. If I don't plan and prepare, old habits kick in.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Hi everyone, I always forget to subscribe to the new month thread until a few days into it! I have kept up with the workouts and trying to increase my water and up my nutrition. I will take measurements tomorrow, but I don't think I will we many improvements, because I haven't seen the scale move. :(

Shaun T says a year's worth of results in 60 days. I don't know if I believe it. I think I was doing better last November doing Cathe with the 21 day fix nutrition plan. I tried on some jeans this morning that I don't fit into, but did in November. :(

Well, we finally got our snow about 8 inches maybe? And it came on Thursday, my birthday! So I didn't have to teach and was able to take it easy and even sled with the kids! Hubby had just come home from FL the night before so he was exhausted and now has a cold. :(

Gotta get some sleep, night all!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was STS Disc 20-Legs and KPC! This morning I hit the Sunday Fun Day class and came home and did Disc 21-Back & Biceps. My abs are so sore from the abs challenge I'm doing. It's 6 days of ab work, several using weights. I'm used to weighted ab work, but am still very sore.

I need some new clothes so went shopping yesterday. When will I ever find clothes that fit me???? UGH... shopping trip was a bust. I seem to be down 1 pant size, but still have the same problem with most clothes being too tight in the thigh/butt and gaping in the waist. I bought these betabrand yoga work pants, the fabric is awesome. They too are tight in the thighs. I was so hoping they would fit.

LL-Hope you had a great birthday!!! Great job with your workouts!!! Shaun T workouts are super tough and you are hangin' with it!! Nutrition is key. My weight is about the same but I'm down a pant size. My weight was up about a pound when I weighed in last week, but my bodyfat% was down and my lean muscle mass was up. You can't just go by the scale.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Since last check in, I've done PP, HSC, XT Ride, and DM. I'm loving the circuit workouts. Tomorrow will be another spin and then Tuesday will be HR. We leave for our trip on Wednesday, so I won't be working out for seven days. I will bring an exercise band down and will use that a few times and throw in some push ups and dips. Usually by day four I'm feeling gooshie and that usually gets me through. I have my Garmin to track my miles this time. We've been taking bets on how many miles we'll log in.

Diana, I have that same issue with fitting into clothes. We shopped everywhere for shorts for this vacation and if it fit nice in the thighs, then the waist was gaping. We finally went to EMS and I tried on the Marmot and EMS shorts and they fit perfect. Actually, everything I tried on in that store fit great, true to size. Now work clothes, I have no idea who caters to women with a bit of muscle? Your workout schedule sounds grueling, nice job on the double duty!

Beth, every time I see your workout list, I add something you've done to my next rotation. I'll be doing ME when I get back from vacation.

Today is DD 20th birthday, I'm feeling my age creeping up on me.

Hi Ladies,

No morning workout today, but that doesn't mean I won't be working out at all. I have spring fitness class tonight and will do the ab challenge w/o afterwords.

Tina-you're back! Drill Max is a goodie and I used to do a premix with the drills from drillmax when I had more time to w/o. You will get in lots of miles walking, no doubt about that! What is EMS? I haven't heard of that store but would definitely try it out. We do have an REI and Dick's that both carry the Marmot brand. Happy birthday to your DD. My DS2 has his 25th birthday tomorrow. Isn't it interesting how close our kids bday's are? :) DS1 will be 27 on the 23rd of this month.

Hi to all that follow! Happy Monday.

Just saying hi. I'm fed up with my weight. Max 30 results stink: up 2.7 pounds and gained 1 inch in my legs but lost 1 inch in my waist. I'm ready to quit and go back to Cathe and WW. No point in working my tail off every day for a workout that I don't love! I don't love them. I'm in a mopey mood, sorry. Cycle is finishing...need sleep. Kids might be well, one left finishing up antibiotics from 2nd round of strep. But Hubby is sick, cold from the plane coming back. Rest day yesterday. Today is supposed to be Max Out Cardio, but I may decide for something fun like PRS1 or 2 or have another rest day. But I'm ready to throw Beach Body out the window. And my "coach" was really pushing me to try Shakeology again even though I gagged on it the first time. I'm so done with BB. I have measured and WW tracked everything so far today, one day at a time. But I need to get on my water, I've not quite had 16 so far today.

Hi ladies,

This morning was Disc 22-CST! I'm trying finish up meso 2 this week. March 16 is the last day of spring fitness challenge and tri training starts on April 7th. I love the time change!!!

Today is DS2's 25th birthday! We may be going out to dinner tonight if he's home.

Did you all see Cathe is having the Daytona RT again this year??? I'm not sure when sign up will be yet, but I've already asked Jacque if she would like to go again. I would love to go again.

LL-sorry you are feeling frustrated. It comes down to nutrition. I've exercised my whole life. I've been heavier and lighter than I am right now. You have to find your happy place. Do what works for you and makes you happy. No exercise program will provide the results you want if you don't also follow a nutrition program. I love BB and have many of their programs. I exercise because is it makes me feel confident and strong. Mix it up and have fun! :) One day at a time. One of the things we have to do at my new gym is write down our Why. Why do we want to lose weight? There may be several reasons. For some, it's not about losing weight. It's about being confident with who you are today, and becoming the best you possible. Don't put so much stress on yourself. Be proud of your accomplishments. You exercise everyday, you take care of your family, you teach your children etc.

Hi all, Glad to see everybody! DS has been home since last Friday night...I worked all weekend...and finally have some time to catch up with you!

LL, I agree with Diana....one day at a time! I can hear the frustration in you...we've all been there! Try to have some fun with your workouts for a while. Keeping moving is half the battle.

Tina, have fun on vacation! I love the circuits, too.

Diana, I envy you getting to be in all these challenges...what fun! I'm loving the time change too. We got out for a 30 minute walk last night before dinner.

Workout wise I ended up doing Flex train Saturday for my metabolic workout. It's growing on me! I don't like the exercise where you put the weights on the floor, curtsy back. then pick them up and do an overhead press. So I just sub with a lunge with bicep curl, overhead press move. I took Sunday off. Monday I did Power Hour. I was able to match Cathe on all but the tricep weights. It helped that the barbell was only 15 lbs for biceps! I'm off now to do cardio..I'm thinking of MIC since I have the day off and have made birthday cake for our party tonight!

Beth

I ended up taking 3 rest days and then today I did PRS1 premix 30 min timesaver! So much fun! I have missed Cathe! I'm tracking everything even the peanut butter and butter I had on a spoon tonight!! But I'm determined to stay in my points, today was over my daily,but I dipped into my weekly. The scale was a little lower this morning. And will probably be up again tomorrow from the peanut butter and butter and then I did have 3 squares of Ghiradelli...but I'm rested, slept 8.5 hours last night and have felt great today! Unfortunately, I need to get up at 6:30 for our co op tomorrow, I am teaching for the first time in a month! Between sickness and snow...and I'm subbing for the girl who subbed for me in her 2 history classes tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow, depends on how tired I am in the afternoon after teaching from 9-12 and what I can get done with the boys in the afternoon. I need to bake CDawg's cake tomorrow night for his bday on Saturday. So much sickness has made it hard to get back inthe groove of schoolwork.

Oh, one last bit of info, Little K threw a rock at the sliding car door window and shattered it, I had asked JTrain to put him in his carseat while I paid for the doctor's visit and JTrain decided to lock everyone out of the car, so B started throwing rocks (gravel driveway) and Little K followed. ugh, it was replaced today.

Happy tapatalk is working again! I don't know if I will do a LIHI or some fun step again. I do miss my weights though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a rest. I think the time change finally caught up with me! Today I'm working from home and will work out at lunch. I plan on doing a BR circuit w/o. Tonight is Spring Fitness class. This class ends next Monday and I then I have a 2-3 week break before tri-training starts. I'm going to try to hit some of the classes at the other gym, they are awesome!

Beth-I love reading about your w/o's. I can't go as fast as Cathe on the curtsy lunges, but I do my best. MIC is amazingly tough. I pulled that one out a while back. I try to match Cathe's weights and for the most part I can. Bicep work is a definite struggle for me though. How was the party?

LL-you sound much more positive. :) Do you want works for you and makes you happy! The joys of raising boys!~ When my older 2 boys were about 2 and 4 yrs old, they were playing in the backyard and the oldest one comes inside and I can hear the younger one crying. It seems as though the older one pushed the younger one down and he scraped his knees and was bleeding. The older one runs in the house so as not to get into trouble. Of course, the younger one said his brother pushed him down. Boys are so mean to each other....that is the story of my life. One time, my husband took the door off my oldest sons bedroom. No one was allowed in his room and his baby brother would stand in the doorway just to bug him. DS1 reach over and pushed the door closed and caught his brothers fingers in the door. I have many stories....boys will be boys. So happy to have twin granddaughters!

Tina-hope you are having a wonderful time!

bbl

Hi all! Today is my 50th birthday! I went to work, came home, did To The Max Extreme and then had a lovely dinner with my family. It was a nice celebration-and I count being able to do To The Max part of it!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.