Damage Control March!!

Happy Birthday, Beth!! wow! TTM Extreme! I've never done an extreme premix before!!

LIHI Chest triceps shoulders and boy did it hurt! I don't know what Max 30 did to me but I felt so weak! I tried to match Cathe's weight and couldn't! Pushups and the tricep push ups, I could not keep up with those either. Then I added on abs one wight he weight and I couldn't do the plank work! I was so sore after those finishers! I will be dying tomorrow. I may need to take the day off, I was thinking RWH low impact HiiT or LIHI Legs, but I'm not sure I will be able to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a rest day. Today was a 10K race with my cousin. It was a nice way to start the day. Now I need to go do an STS disc, I'm thinking back & biceps. I have a massage this afternoon and don't want to have to do UB weights tomorrow.

Beth-Happy Belated Birthday! I'll be 50 this year too. Way to celebrate with TTM Extreme!! Awesome!

LL-Nice job with LIHI C/T! I know what you mean by feeling weak. Once tri-training next month I won't be able to lift as often. I get pretty soft during tri training. It's hard to find time for weights when training for 3 cardio events. I usually do a round of STS before tri training and again in the fall after tri season.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Diana, I don't think I could ever run anything like that! Way to go!

I did TTM today! Love that step! I think I may try Max 30 month 2 this week. But giving myself the 'go ahead' to quit or pause and not feel guilty or like a failure. I may try to do that M-F then instead of his pulse (stretch) wo and abs and replace it with a fun Cathe that includes abs for Saturday and Sunday. I'm still super sore from LIHI Chest tris and shoulders! I'm thinking YogaMax or off tomorrow.

CDawg is 11 today! Long johns (Lancaster County specialty, to me- plan donuts with icing shaped like a log not like a donut, no biggie to me, I had 2 bites of one and gave the rest to Little K), then I made cheese steaks for lunch and they will have Caesar and pizza for dinner followed by cake and ice cream and possibly chips and salsa and popcorn during Big Hero 6.

Hey, making a note tonight to spur me on this week. I dropped the ball, due to laziness and having horrible heartburn. I'm having a procedure where they put a camera down my throat, should be horrifying.

I've felt so large and unwieldy. Noticing going up the stairs. So ready for a change.

Ok, I'm done with Insanity Max 30! I did Max Out Cardio today and felt like it was just more of the same. I didn't even bother with the abs. I just wasn't motivated and practically dreading the workout! WHat got me thru was that it was only 30 min! I may or may not try Max Out Tabata, but I don't know if I can do all the plank/burpee/tricep push up work.

Hi Ladies,

Sunday I did the next BR w/o, and it was a goodie. No workout yesterday morning, but did have the final spring fitness challenge class in the evening. This morning was Disc 23-legs, which completes Meso 2 for me. Meso 3 is always the toughest for me because the w/o's are so long. It's hard to fit them in before work. Over the next 2 weeks I plan to hit the new gym at least 2 times.

I hope to go on the Daytona RT again this year. Jacque and I had a great time last year. Is anyone else planning on signing up???

Not sure if I mentioned this here, but someone else filed a tax return with DH's SS#. It is becoming a nightmare but we are working through the process. Who knows when we might get our refund. UGH.

LL-Do what works for you. I love the fact that Max 30 is only 30 minutes. My struggle is not really being awake enough at 5am to give it my all. I think it's Cathe's body blast series that has the timesaver w/o's. If you have that series, you may want to look into those premixes. Happy bday to CDawg!

Missy-sorry to hear about the procedure. Hopefully they can determine what is causing the heartburn. You are the only one in control of making the change and we are all here to support you. You can do it. One day at a time, one step at a time. Make yourself a priority. :)

Hi to all that follow.....

I have the stomach bug!! Little K had it Monday and Hubby started feeling icky this morning and got it coming out the other end. I have both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all! I have been MIA lately...sorry! I celebrated my birthday with a road trip to a spa. My mom and I went for 3 days and had massages, facials, and relaxation! I got back just last night. My workouts have suffered, but I feel wonderful! Diana, glad to see you ran a 10K! You'll be in great running shape for the tris. LL...sorry you have the bug. Hopefully it's just a day. Too bad Max 30 isn't your cup of tea. I have Insanity and may pull that out for a month to whittle down my abs! Missy, it sounds like you have GERD if you have a lot of heartburn. Good luck...diet changes will help. I'm off now to do wash, clean, and workout!

TTYS;

Beth

Unfortunately still no workout for me. I'm still in bed. I did get up to feed the kids and try to pick up the kitchen a bit. But I may have over did it because my stomach doesn't feel so good. All I've eaten the last day is toast with butter, applesauce and a banana, very little water. Not very good, I guess technically it is clean because the bread is while wheat and no sugar, some honey maybe. Nd the applesauce is unsweetened organic.

It's snowing and the slopes close on Sunday. I was hoping we'd get in one more day tomorrow but it's just not going to happen.

Yesterday was MM upper body premix and RWH LI#2. Today was PP with DH. We returned from our vacation at 2 a.m. Thursday. We walked a total of 92.5 miles. It was 86 and sunny everyday and the resort we stayed in was fantastic. The crowds were ginormous, the worst we've ever seen. It didn't bother us, the sun was what we were there for.

I haven't read through what I've missed from all of you. I did catch that Beth just had a birthday, so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BETH!! :)

DH is eager to get the house back in order, so I'll be back later to catch up with everyone. :)

Ok, today I did the Cardio Core Circuit for 20 minutes....it is high impact, but I didn't do high impact. There is core work with weights that is kind of different and enjoyable.

With the heartburn.....I'm not sure what GERD is, but a younger sister just got diagnosed with it and can't drink soda anymore. All signs are pointing to giving up soda, haha.....

Hi Ladies,

I've taken a couple days off from working out. I think my body just needed a break. Yesterday I did a BR w/o. Today may be the 1st day of Meso 3, we'll have to see how the day pans out.

This morning we took DS1 for his birthday brunch along with his GF, DS2, and my dear MIL! We were only missing hi. s girlfriends daughter who flew to CA for spring break with her grandparents, and DS3 who had to work. We don't get to see him very much. His GF is moving to San Diego this summer and wants him to come to. I will miss him if he goes, but it would be an awesome place to visit!

LL-sorry you are still feeling under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.

Tina-wow, that is a lot of walking!!! Glad you enjoyed the sun even if it was crowded.

Missy-Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease=GERD In most circumstances, GERD can be controlled with dietary changes. Hopefully if that is what you have, some dietary may be all that's necessary. You did awesome with CCC!! I love love love this w/o! Although I do modify, especially the roll on your back and jump up. I roll back onto my step, as I simply can not roll up and get up without the couple inches the step provides. :)

Hi to Laura, Jacque ...happy saturday!

Hi! Glad you had a great vacation, Tina! Biking is just around the corner, no doubt! We're getting snow here the past few days, but it's not sticking around long. Missy, I modify CCC too. It's a great workout just getting it done! Diana, sounds like you've had some nice family time. Tri training is just around your corner! LL, glad you're taking it easy. It sounds like you need it. I ended up doing 3 sections of x10 on Thursday. I think it's my all time favorite Cathe. Every time I do it it feels like a brand new workout. This time I did Hi/Lo, Cardio Blast and Fat-burning. It was so nice to do the cardio blast and not be totally wiped out from doing the step section. Friday I was back to work for the weekend. I'm on the more difficult hall in my nursing home...more critical patients, more admissions and discharges, and just generally busier. So I was beat last night and ended up just going for a walk with DH. It gave me energy to get through today! After work today I did HCLB and was energized-probably from taking yesterday off.

Beth

I finally defeat well enough to do a wo today! Unfortunately I couldn't complete it. I did Slide and Glide premix cardio and stretch about 31 min, but at around 15 min, I started to slow with the burpees, finally at 17 min I skipped to the cool down. Bummed that I'm still not up to it, but glad I knew when to stop. Well, I did lose about 5 pounds while sick! So I'm going to try to keep my calicoes/points reasonably low and try to keep losing. There are about 9 weeks until Memorial Day, so I'm aiming to lose 9-18 by then. It will be hard, but we don't have on bday in May but no other "events".

Today was a catch up day with laundry and cleaning and meal planning. And I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup, better with brown rice, but I didn't think of it until too late. But I stopped at one serving! And only had half the amount of bread that I was planning on and I felt satisfied. There were also veggies and hummus. I still have 7 pts left, and I need to decide if I'm going to spend them on the iced brownies my mom brought over or not eat anything but fruit or just have chips and salsa. I'm going to make that my 'go-to' food I think with hot salsa and unsalted chips, hard to over eat!

I'm not sure what my wo's will look like this week. I think I'm going to try to do the other half of SnG or yoga. This week? I'm not sure if I want to go back to max 30 (they never sent me the email to return, I need to call them Monday) or jump into a RWH rotation or make it up as I go along. :)

Missy and Diana, I don't have CCC, is that from the STS shock cardio series? All I have from that one is HiiT. Someday when they get the premixes on Cathe Demand, I'm going to get it!

I need ideas for giving a wo DVD to a friend. She and her hubby love the HIiT I gave her yrs ago, but that is all they have. I don't think they have much equipment, just a small step I gave her. Ideas? I keep looking for the one day deals to see if it looks good.

Happy Saturday!

It's one of those recorded live workouts: CCC

I did basic step today and half step, half on the floor. The step has always been a challenge for me. I could NEVER do it with more than one riser, even at my peak.

I need to do some back exercises. Lower back. Any suggestions?

Got in 15 min barre bonus from XTrain Legs and then YogaMax. It felt really good to stretch like that! But my right shoulder is really bugging me again. I've set up my wo's todo the whole LIS series for the rest of the month. I hope to do entire wo's not premixes but who knows what time and energy will look like. I've never done the whole series.

Hi Ladies,

Really, it's Monday already. I didn't sleep very well last night and was tossing/turning from 5:30 on. I finally got up at 6am, showered and came in to work. Perhaps I can hit the other gym for their bootcamp class.

No workout Saturday-booh. Sunday was the Gauntlet from the Terminator dvd. I love that w/o. I'm on the fence about doing Meso 3. I just don't have time for it before work. I'm considering jumping into a RWH/GS rotation. I would like to maintain my muscle as long as possible though. The plyo leg w/o's are around 50 mins and doable, the UB discs are over an hour.

Beth-it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I can't believe how much you are able to do with such a demanding job! You inspire me! X10 is such a versatile w/o.

LL-glad you are finally feeling better and are able to workout, even if they are shorter sessions. Do you think your weightloss goal is doable? Make sure you set yourself up for success. Small wins over the course of 2 months. If your friends like the HIIT type w/o's, perhaps you can sell your MAX 30 to them? It doesn't take any equipment...bodyweight exercises, etc.

Missy-Nice job with your step w/o! Do what works for you! I love stepping, it's so much fun! No problem using the floor though, one of the reasons I like CCC! Back extensions are great and they can be done in a variety of ways. Feet on the floor and only lift upper body or chin on the floor and only lift legs, or both together. You can also change your arm position when lifting the upper body. Having your hands under your chin, or out in front of you, or to your side, or even down by your sides. Hope you find something that works for you.

Tina-you are back from vaca and didn't even miss a beat getting back to your w/o's! Wow, that is an awful lot of walking!!!

Waving Hi to Jacqu & Laura!

bbl

Diana- I didn't think if that. I'll ask her. But my guess is she won't want to spend over $100 on a bunch of workouts that I don't love. I ended up buying here intensity and ab circuits from the daily deals of yesterday. :). As for weigh loss goals being doable and realistic. I hope they are. It's basically the food stuff I think. I think I can do what ever workouts moderate to high intensity 4-6 days a week and get the same results if I eat the same and did high intensity longer workouts 6 days a week. I feel like it's so much about food right now. I'm trying to really be good with my portion sizes. I was able to have another smallish brownie and stop last night! I had the points and only used 3 of my weeklys.

Today I did low impact challenge. I had to pause a bunch of times to deal with Little K or one of the other boys. But I did it! I was contemplating starting the LIS rotation from Nov '11 rotation (-first wo Afterburn) or the RWH/LIS rotation (first wo was low impact 1 abs 2) but both first workouts seemed more intended than I felt I could do today. LIC was a good choice for me today. [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having stomach pains....my abdomen felt swollen, I had a pair of pants that I had to unbutton.....so it felt big and swollen with pain. I didn't overeat or eat anything odd (I had a lean cuisine for lunch, and a little bag of half popped corn) It felt like there were pains up under my ribs. It was kind of throbbing, and it was like in contractions.

So...I suppose I go to the doctor if it continues tomorrow. I just can't imagine what it is. I searched around but I didn't find anything that felt likely....just so you know my bowels were normal as of yesterday, lol....

I took some pepcid and liquids.

Feel better Missy! Hope it's not the stomach bug, it has been going around and my doc today said it could be vomiting, diarrhea or stomach pains. Either way, no fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.