Damage Control March :)

Hey Ladies.

This morning I tried a new work out that I got for free as a download from a friend. It's called "Yin The Zone". It's a TA style work out. I didn't have time to finish it all. In fact, I couldn't even finish the lower body segment. I only got one leg done! :eek: The leg work just kept on going and going and....well, you get the picture!;) Anyway, I liked it but I still much prefer TA so back to my rotation tmrw! :)

Di:: Let me know if your new beverage yields any positive results! Glad you liked the X3 work out! I have an x3 set saved in my watch list on Ebay. The auction ends today between 7-8pm. If the price stays pretty low and I remember to log in, I may bid on it later. :)

BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Cold cold, go away and never come back! My ears are hurting today and still really stuffed up. UGH

Yesterday was Muscle Max and Agilty x. I needed a short cardio so tried another X3 w/o. It wasn't as much cardio as I wanted, but I'll never know if I don't try out these discs. I'm not sure what w/o I'm doing today.

Jerod and I saw Need for Speed yesterday. It was a good movie. We went in the middle of the day and there were only 2 other people in the theater. Plus DH had gift cards for the moves so it didn't cost us anything!

Wendy-so did you win the P90x3 bid? The drink isn't terrible, but the cayenne pepper does tend to burn my throat at tad. It's only 1/8 tsp, but it's pretty powerful.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Hi Ladies,

Cold cold, go away and never come back! My ears are hurting today and still really stuffed up. UGH

Yesterday was Muscle Max and Agilty x. I needed a short cardio so tried another X3 w/o. It wasn't as much cardio as I wanted, but I'll never know if I don't try out these discs. I'm not sure what w/o I'm doing today.

Jerod and I saw Need for Speed yesterday. It was a good movie. We went in the middle of the day and there were only 2 other people in the theater. Plus DH had gift cards for the moves so it didn't cost us anything!

Wendy-so did you win the P90x3 bid? The drink isn't terrible, but the cayenne pepper does tend to burn my throat at tad. It's only 1/8 tsp, but it's pretty powerful.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Hello. :)

This morning's work out was kick-azz! I did Lauren Brook's KB Conditioning short work out minus the abs + TA Meta Hip 21-30 + 10@30/30 of plank to push up and ice skaters.

Di:: Nope, I never even bid on the X auction. I forgot to check it! :rolleyes: It ended up selling for $89.00. IDT I would have gone up that high anyway. Oh well. I love when movie theaters are empty! That's the best! We sometimes go to an old, small, quaint theater. The theaters are small but it's never crowded! Quite cozy. I love it. :)

Last edited:
Today's work out was another goodie!

12@15/40 of One arm db row r, squat with one arm shoulder press r, repeat on left BUT I did 10 reps of each exercise and finished out the 40 second interval with squat thrusts! I chased that with TA Meta Hip. Wanted to do a ten minute interval conditioning round but I was out of time by then....still a great work out!:D

Good Morning! :)

Training for my comp starts on the 1st but j am starting today. I have been doing some serious over eating I tell ya! Last night we went out for supper and I almost rolled away from the table. I've been picking to much and haven't even been hungry at my meals! Ugh!

DH picked my supplements up on Friday and yesterday I picked up some new protein powder and bcaa. We have had company all weekend :) , they are leaving this afternoon. I'd like to go to the gym this morning but I feel bad leaving. So we will see. I really feel like I need a good run after last nights meal....but I want to do legs too! Lol

So we have the puppy. And I must say, he's pretty good. Grant it, he's been sleeping on the bed with us and he's been sleeping right through the night. We are back to work tomorrow but dd is on spring break so that's good. We won't have to leave him in his kennel just yet. I think these dogs are big babies....he wants to be up all the time and if he isn't he's crying.

Laura** the puppy is trying to play with Charlie but he is totally ignoring him. Lol. He bites at his paws and tail. And if it doesn't make him yelp, then he just leaves the room. So grumpy! I thought he was going to have a barking fit but he's been pretty good. I guess we both need to work at getting those extra lbs off. I think a couple of days on this diet and I'm gonna be hungry.

Diana** Are you feeling any better? Sounds like a nasty cold. I haven't had the flu in a while (knock on wood) but when we moved here last year, we were all so sick. I think we had 10 yrs worth of sickness in a year.

Wendy** we had a meeting at work the other day and my boss says that if you leave work cryin there is something wrong. One of the girls is back from mat leave and I think she only worked there a year and bit before she went on leave but she acts as if she's been there forever and it drives me crazy. She ends up making herself look like a idiot actually. She thinks she should have had my bosses position (it was open when she was getting ready to come back) and she doesn't even have the qualifications for it. Hopefully this week will be better for you!

DS1 had another assessment the other day that the hospital needed so it sounds as if they are moving pretty quickly! Im not sure when we will hear more but I am sure DH will be calling and hounding

Ill check back in tonight!

Lori :)

Hi Ladies,

My body is sore today. I've done double workouts Thursday-Sunday. I'm taking a break from weights today and will do a cardio w/o. I made the mistake of weighing this morning, not what I wanted to see. Hopefully it's just water weight from all the lifting.

I'm doing another smoothie challenge for April. Today is Orange Julius. The recipe is 2 C spinach, 3 oranges, 1 banana, 1 C almond milk (makes 2 servings). I usually drink one in the morning and have the other serving as my afternoon snack. It's better than having m&m's!

Lori-I'm sure you will do great with your program. You have amazing will power! Glad to hear they are moving right along with Rylan. A new puppy, well that sounds like a lot of work! I really need to get running too. I have a 5K this month and maybe a 10K too.

Wendy-you aren't missing a beat with your w/o's! Do you ever rest???

Laura-how was your weekend??

LadyLep-What are you up to?

bbl

Yesterday was:

6@15/50 of double arm tube row, double arm tube shoulder press - 10 reps of each exercise and finished out the 50 second interval with squat thrusts! I chased that with TA Meta Hip 21-30.

Today was:

12@15/55 of reverse slide lunge right, push ups, reverse slide lunge left, sb bridge with lateral roll - 10 reps of each exercise and finished out 55 second interval with squat thrusts again! I followed it up with a slightly modified TA Meta Hip 21-30 b/c the arthritis in my neck is bothering me today.

Di:: No, I have no complete rest days between March 15 and April 15 as per a TA challenge I am doing with Christine and Shelley, etc. It's tough but it's short lived. Soon I'll be back to one rest day a week! I signed up for the smoothie challenge but I need to get my arse to the food store before I can participate! :rolleyes:

Lori:: Good luck with the competition training/diet and the new puppy! Post on a pic on fb asap please! :)

Hello to Laura and LadyLep!

Hi! This will be short since I've lost he messages already. So it's a little frustrating. Oh you know what I'm dictating into my phone. So maybe I can get it done faster this way.

Sorry I've been MIA it's been really busy and actually I haven't had any workouts to report until this weekend. I've been exhausted so I did on Saturday was a 15 minute yoga I found them plus from daily burn.com. Yesterday I did crossfire remix with Firewalker Tabata and the fitness blast. It was really tough!

More later I just arrived at the landscaping nursery placed pick up my herbs.

Okay that was a wasted trip because they didn't have the lettuce in yet.

So I'm thinking about doing April rotation. But I'm wondering if it would not be worth it since I think there's going to be a bunch so I'm going to have to swap out. I don't have today's which is high reps or tomorrow which is lean legs or cardio core circuit. But honestly I don't know if I'm even going to get a workout in today. It's after 5 o'clock and I'm not even home from piano lessons with the kids. And after dinner I need to plant my veggies for the spring.

rmrmr - i'm sorry you still have a cold! That stinks. How do you like P90X three? I've been afraid of P90X. But I looked up this one since it has workouts or 30 minutes each.

Fit_mommy – I actually have a house that has 3 1/2 bathrooms. But the bathroom basement doesn't get used much therefore it doesn't get cleaned much! Now I'm wondering the wisdom in that decision but we love the house and it seems like a good idea at the time. We will have been here five years this summer. Now I just want to downsize with a house that has self-cleaning floors!

So will Aprils thread be called damage control in April?

Oh I didn't pick up herbs because I was told not to plant them until it gets warmer.

As for eating I haven't been doing well at all. Eating too many desserts. And it shows. On the scale.

But we are starting a new month and hopefully this will be better.

MON

Had a good weekend - went to FL - it stormed FRI and FRI night but SAT was gorgeous! was a weekend of food - CABS - honey do's - errands - and a bit of fun! "Miss Grace" here managed to SLICE her finger and fingernail by reaching into a bag blindly and finger found DH razor :confused: :mad::mad: eeeouch - then I made a spectaculare cique de soile move SAT morning when Brutus took off running and my hand was securely in his leash and sent me flying thru the air .. dragging me to the ground .. and landing on my knees and side and .. :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :confused::confused::confused::confused: HOLY crap,, have bruises all over .. I look like I was put the the wringer this weekend!! :eek:

Today went to CC - and did my own free weight routine - my muscles are going to be SCREAMING at me tmrw .. now gotta figure out if my head/sinuses can tolerate a run.. or if I should just opt for inside cardio .. I MAY try a PI-YO workout - Chalene is going to have a series coming out - well during my search found an instructor that had a couple of her classes she teaches she put on YOUTUBE .. so I may play it on my tablet and try it .. I dont know if I can last the whole class after that weight work at lunch I put myself thru .. :confused:.. I have determined I am my hardest workout instructor .. LOL!! :eek:

Lori - congrats on the new pup!! :D what kind is he/she?? ITA with Wendy .. we would LOVE to see a picture!! Toots was like the to start with w/Brutus .. but she took to him just fine after a little while .. now they are inseperable!! so what is the diet like for your training?? more food or less food???

Wendy - have you seen the ads for the new BB Pi-Yo workouts ... it is combo of Pilates and Yoga .. . they look AWESOME and tuff .. and right up your alley!! ;)

Di - sounds like you must be over your crud .. good!!

Ladylep - so ya picking up "herbs' huh? .. LOL . JK!!! :p:p:p that crossfire premix sounds great .. I always forget about the premixes .. need to check that one out!

OK .. better run .. up front AGAIN this week and it is the FIRST of the month .. that translates to H##LL wek for me :mad: :mad: :mad:

have a great one!

Yeah! It worked. We have told our parents (mothers) that we have a new dog yet and that's why there hasn't been any pics on fb. He's a Doberman. Such a baby! I think we saved him because the person who wanted to buy him wanted to keep him outside, he can't last 5 mins out there!

Today's workout was chest and tris, then 30 mins on the tm. Tomorrow is back, bics and 20 mins of cardio. Hopefully ill have time. My eating was good today. I did pick a little after supper, that's something I need to work on.

Diana** the scale is our enemy I swear. Lol. I haven't even been on the scale in a while. I probably will hop on towards the end of the week. That smoothie almost sounds good ;). Not as good as my peanut butter cookie dough protein shake. I love it!

Laura** isn't my puppy cute. It didnt take long for him to fit in. I'm not sure what he will do when he is left alone. If he is downstairs and I go upstairs, he cries. We take him wherever we go and DD doesn't have school this week so she's home with him. We need to get him use to his kennel. I don't want my boots chewed up!

Wendy** nice workouts. Your still making up those workouts! Our mothers will have their opinions about another dog and I'm not ready yet. That's why I haven't put any pics on fb. How old do you have to be when you don't have to pay attention to your parents anymore???

Ill bb tomorrow!

Lori :)

Giget! You puppy is sooooo cute!

Oh, and I reread my first post from yesterday and I mean that I had lost 3 messages that I had started on here, :(

Hi Ladies.

This morning's work out was TA Meta Hip 21-30, BBL High and Tight standing band work and 4@30r/60w of squat thrusts/spd squat with shoulder press right/spd squat with shoulder press left/squat thrusts (so 1 round of each).

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
WED

Afternoon Ladies -

First of the month - aka: H#LL week for me! MON free weights at lunch - then I did Pi-Yo youtube workout that night .. wow .. it was great! DOMS - lets just say every inch of my body is hurting .. especially in quads and tris .. EEEOUCH! Last Night i did ZWOW #59 - core and ABS .. GREAT workout - DOMS today STIL in quads n tris .. and now into shoulders and core!! The pollen here is outrageous .. not sure if I will survive a run outdoors or not ... I hate missing it tho.. b/c it is just so darned beautiful!! today will be a run ... or another one of MY own free weight creations :eek:

LORI - awwwwwwww the pup is adorable!!! sooooo sweet - yup leaving him .. he gonna be upset!! awwwwwww - yup dobermans CHEW .. get some good chew toys .. and start crate training .. lol .. maybe he will be normal dog and not like mine .. his favorite chew toy is a large log of firewood :confused:

Wendy - great workout as usual ..

hello Lady Lep and Di -

so what do you do for a crick??? I bent over to dry my hair this morning and felt a crick form from neck to shoulder blade .. @#$!@#$@#$%!@% ..sooooooooo agrravating .. it is real deep .. prbly from all the deep muscle work I been doing this week .. my body rebelling!!

OK ... better run .. have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.